Will you play multiplayer games without tactical combat?

multiplayer tactical combat without play poll

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you play multiplayer games without tactical combat? (62 members have cast votes)

Will you play multiplayer games without tactical combat?

1. Yes, I probably will. (12 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

2. No, I probably won`t play them without tactical combat. (37 votes [58.73%])

Percentage of vote: 58.73%

3. I don`t play multiplayer games either way. (14 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

SkyOtter #21 Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:42 PM

Ensign

• Players

Ugh, been playing this for a while now and with the new patch, I was going to suggest it to a couple friends as a good game for us to play...

Unfortunately, I can't until tactical combat is added into multiplayer. Auto-resolve ruins the entire combat experience for me.

I'll just stick to single player and if/when tactical combat is added, I'll be able to recommend it.

forum_account #22 Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Block Quote

Ugh, been playing this for a while now and with the new patch, I was going to suggest it to a couple friends as a good game for us to play...

Unfortunately, I can't until tactical combat is added into multiplayer. Auto-resolve ruins the entire combat experience for me.

I'll just stick to single player and if/when tactical combat is added, I'll be able to recommend it.

Agreed.  My biggest reason to get a new MOO game is to play muiltiplayer with friends.  Until tactical combat is in and improved I won't push my friends to purchase.  I hope the Devs make it happen or they will miss out on people like me who would buy multiple copies so they could play with their SO's, kids etc.        

Eli_temujin #23 Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

me and my group of ten loyal moo 1 and 2 friends who already bought this game

we will shelve it and not play without multiplayer tactical combat. 

that all i have to say.

Arent11 #24 Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostMikko_M, on 18 March 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

As there currently apparently is no tactical combat option in multiplayer games it would be interesting to know how many users would actually spend their time playing multiplayer games, if they don`t have the tactical combat option.

I regularly hold once a year a LAN Party to play civ, civ beyond earth and (hopefully) moo. We would maybe play multiplayer even  without tactical combat, but we wouldn't like it. I know that if you play the game with more than 2 players, the others have to wait until combat is resolved, however, there is no reason not to give people the option to simply switch it on/off.

In fact, did anyone say that tactical combat in multiplayer will *not* be introduced?

Mikko_M #25 Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:48 AM

Rear Admiral

• Banned

View PostArent11, on 09 May 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

In fact, did anyone say that tactical combat in multiplayer will *not* be introduced?

No, but neither has anyone said it will be introduced and we have been in EA for quite some time now already.

Moreover, I advise that the tactical combat must be made more player controllable and informative for this to become a proper MOO game.

​The long lost formula for space 4X game success = Good tactical combat + good empire management > than just good tactical combat or good empire management alone.

Xenjin #26 Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

Ensign

• Players
Me and my wife would not have bought this game had we known tactical combat would not be in multiplayer :(.

Provinfistoris #27 Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostEli_temujin, on 09 May 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

me and my group of ten loyal moo 1 and 2 friends who already bought this game

we will shelve it and not play without multiplayer tactical combat. 

that all i have to say.

The devs already have your money, so they likely don't care that you'll shelve it. 

Redshirt4Life #28 Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
MOO without tactical combat = GalCiv
Galciv = garbage

Eli_temujin #29 Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostProvinfistoris, on 09 May 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

The devs already have your money, so they likely don't care that you'll shelve it. 

unless they are doing a short con...ie a smash and grab.

they should care about how many other people me and my group and the many people like us who will help to others decide not buy it if they fail to deliver a true  reboot of moo 2.

the facts are: bad word of mouth is the death of stupid companies who dont listen to their target market.

read any book on marketing and it will tell you its not the customer who comes in and buys something in your store, you pay most attention to..

its the customer who buys something and is not happy who then tells many many people your business and product suck that you need to heed.

esp if your getting buyers by using a established brand name...THEN NOT delivering as advertised.....

plus they asked for my thoughts here they are. use them or dont, it  matter not to me in the end as there are a lot of competitors coming out this year, if these guys don t get it right someone else will.

i am just a dude who wont play unless it is the (updated moo2 with extra features) that was advertised not some bate and switch bullshit.

'nuff said.

Edited by Eli_temujin, 09 May 2016 - 07:46 PM.

fourteenfour #30 Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

lack of multiplayer tactical is the least of my worries about the current state of the game though I think it shameful for any such game with the name MOO would not have it

Wargaming Labs, taking the money and running. Abandons MOO CTS after their contract development staff could not deliver without ever one word to players.

LeadfootSlim #31 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

Commander

• Players

If I'm not contributing to the discussion too late;

I tried a multiplayer game with a friend, in which we had the misfortune of spawning one system apart from each other. There was some careful juggling on both our parts with loadouts, tech progression, fleet numbers, blockades and warp point defenses... but in the end, when I finally had enough ships to turn the tide against him and effectively end the game, it was an auto-resolve. Very anticlimactic.

Had this been a bigger, longer game, with each of us working our way to Titans and Doomstars, with the very fate of the galaxy hinging on a single, final battle... an auto-resolve would be insulting, to say the least.

I very much want tactical combat in multiplayer. If that means I have to sit on my hands and watch two enemy fleets duke it out on occasion - all the better! I'd LOVE to see enemy fleets duke it out! The ship models are gorgeous, the animations are solid, and the cinematic camera is a great idea! (maybe minus the "missile cam")

Stelar_7 #32 Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:16 PM

Captain

• Players
I play multiplayer regularly. It would be nice to have tatical as an option in two player games, with three or more it would bog things down too much.

jsnnbvcbvbkdbkvbjhbhjfvb #33 Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:44 PM

Ensign

• Players
como descargarlo 

buddahcjcc #34 Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
Is this why there are never any games up for this game?

buddahcjcc #35 Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostLeadfootSlim, on 11 May 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

If I'm not contributing to the discussion too late;

I tried a multiplayer game with a friend, in which we had the misfortune of spawning one system apart from each other. There was some careful juggling on both our parts with loadouts, tech progression, fleet numbers, blockades and warp point defenses... but in the end, when I finally had enough ships to turn the tide against him and effectively end the game, it was an auto-resolve. Very anticlimactic.

Had this been a bigger, longer game, with each of us working our way to Titans and Doomstars, with the very fate of the galaxy hinging on a single, final battle... an auto-resolve would be insulting, to say the least.

I very much want tactical combat in multiplayer. If that means I have to sit on my hands and watch two enemy fleets duke it out on occasion - all the better! I'd LOVE to see enemy fleets duke it out! The ship models are gorgeous, the animations are solid, and the cinematic camera is a great idea! (maybe minus the "missile cam")

Game called "sword of the stars". The original game has all of this. The second game kinda killed the company that made it it was so bad

buddahcjcc #36 Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View Postfourteenfour, on 09 May 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

lack of multiplayer tactical is the least of my worries about the current state of the game though I think it shameful for any such game with the name MOO would not have it

explain? I just got the game tonight and it doesnt seem that bad

buddahcjcc #37 Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostEli_temujin, on 09 May 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

unless they are doing a short con...ie a smash and grab.

they should care about how many other people me and my group and the many people like us who will help to others decide not buy it if they fail to deliver a true  reboot of moo 2.

the facts are: bad word of mouth is the death of stupid companies who dont listen to their target market.

read any book on marketing and it will tell you its not the customer who comes in and buys something in your store, you pay most attention to..

its the customer who buys something and is not happy who then tells many many people your business and product suck that you need to heed.

esp if your getting buyers by using a established brand name...THEN NOT delivering as advertised.....

plus they asked for my thoughts here they are. use them or dont, it  matter not to me in the end as there are a lot of competitors coming out this year, if these guys don t get it right someone else will.

i am just a dude who wont play unless it is the (updated moo2 with extra features) that was advertised not some bate and switch bullshit.

'nuff said.

Yeah, see what happened to a company called kerberos software after they launched the disasterous game that was sword of the stars 2

Omega_Weapon #38 Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:33 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostJuggalo_7, on 18 December 2016 - 01:10 AM, said:

explain? I just got the game tonight and it doesnt seem that bad

​For me the 2 biggest problems are the lack of multiplayer tactical combat, and the ability to turn off starlanes so we can just use free travel. Other problems include races like the Mrrrshan being poorly balanced and altered from cannon (established in previous games and even current lore). Plus low replay value, uninspired combat system, no developed ground combat, stupid pollution system, and general game play bugs, etc etc... . I'm sure somebody else can toss a few more in here. There were actually more problems before but they managed to fix some of them already.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, 18 December 2016 - 08:36 AM.

Exoclyps #39 Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:46 AM

Captain

• Players
Speaking of starlanes. I'm considering making a mod that essentially turns of starlanes between your own colonies.

buddahcjcc #40 Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
Guess its a combo of things but when I buy a game and see there are NO multiplayer games up (and I only saw one later on) it worries me that the multiplyer is dead

Also tagged with multiplayer, tactical combat, without, play, poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users