Createable standard races

custom race

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Artificial_Ignorance #1 Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

Ensign

• Players
Not sure if this is a bug or was intended this way. I was playing around with the custom races and realized something. There are two races that I can create in the custom race: Merrshan and Alkari. All the other standard races are not able to be reproduced. I might be able to get close. Like the Sakkra, if I start with a swamp (which really isn't a disadvantage to them) then I can make them. I'm just wondering how this works for game balance. Is it that since you are making a custom race you take a disadvantage?

Edited by Artificial_Ignorance, 25 March 2016 - 06:35 PM.

GeneralDirection #2 Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:00 PM

WG Staff

• Administrator
This is currently intentional, as the custom race feature will allow min-maxing and optimizing trait combinations. We'll follow the feedback on this though, if you feel like custom races put you at a disadvantage.

11171971 #3 Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:45 PM

Commander

• Players

The custom race pics are imo very boring. We have the usual food/production/science/military passive bonuses, but nothing that actively affects gameplay - stuff like cybernetic, creative/uncreative, repulsive, omniscient, lucky. Even low-g got turned from a penalty into a bonus. 

Vahouth #4 Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:30 PM

Vice Admiral

• Players
Also no repulsive, diplomacy traits are all positive.

Francois424 #5 Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:22 AM

Commander

• Players

I would dare suggest that if you are looking into ideas, GeneralDirection, To load-up Master of Orion II and see all the buffs available there,

I found the current selection very bland.  I mean sure I can do a +2 food/science/production race by picking disadvantages, but it's not as... interesting as it was in Moo2.

Large HW is a trait, how about Huge, Small and Tiny HomeWorld  (Just price accordingly).

Subterranean and Aquatic where both good perks you could pick as well that had considerable impact on what you would colonize (And my favorites).

Agreed with everyone.  All races should be re-creatable,  It would had more variety in the mix.

This is the perfect case of "Moo2 did it very, very well !" Worthy of being imitated IMHO.

Thanks for considering our feedback, highly appreciated.

JamieK81 #6 Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:52 PM

Commander

• Players
I would personally like a 'unlimited race picks' option that you can turn on when customizing your race.....but there should be a negative part of every aspect, like diplomacy needs a negative side.

Also tagged with custom race

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users