All 10 Races?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

plasmacannontime #21 Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

Commander

• Players

View Postfourteenfour, on 02 June 2016 - 10:21 PM, said:

No, they are cut and paste cardboard people from  the weird girls whom after watching Star Trek The Wrath of Khan one too many times  write erotic crossover fan fiction and smell like old meat. They are Star Trek TOS's TERRAN EMPIRE - you know, that mirror universe with bearded Spock that DS9 and ENT both had to visit and sully? Still they are way to cut and paste, identical ships and guys wearing masks. The zero effort zero originality race they actually had the gall to suggest would be a DLC?

​More like the Romulans. How did those Vulcans get so far away, when all they had was pre-warp engines?

Also, I do hope the ​Trillarians make an appearance. They were my favorite of the New ones.

Making more planets less terraformable, like 2 changes, but not all planets to fully Gaia worlds.

This would make bringing in the Nommo from MOO3 nice to give the Triliarians a competitor for those few Ocean worlds.

MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, MOO4 trending downward, getting older waiting for a MOO5 (a modern version of mostly MOO2).

Piruparka #22 Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

Ensign

• Players

This forums gives me cancer, srsly. Signing up is a pain in the a**, and I can't even create new topics until tomorrow. Why would that make sense? Now I'm blowing my question here and I hope it'll be found by anybody.

So I bought a MoO "Complete Edition" with MMOGA (don't ever freaking buy there, their customer service is like non-existent). This "complete" edition, however, is far from "complete", since it does NOT contain the Terran Khanate. Now I'm looking for a way to purchase the faction but I can't find any other than paying the 15$ "collector's edition" upgrade which seems a bit too much for just a friggin faction.

Anybody got advise?

Spud_Dastardly #23 Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:02 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

No way to purchase Terrans as DLC at the moment.  Maybe they'll add it in the future.  The Terrans aren't that great anyway in my opinion.  Any chance you can get a full refund for your standard version purchase?  I mention because the collector's edition is on sale on Steam right now, so you could get a slight discount on the upgrade.  

Also I'm not sure if you know this, but collector's edition has more than just the Terrans.  You get MoO1, 2, and 3, an art book, the soundtrack, and the retro pixel ships.  

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

WildPotatoMage #24 Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 28 August 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

The Terrans aren't that great anyway in my opinion.  

Also I'm not sure if you know this, but collector's edition has more than just the Terrans.  You get MoO1, 2, and 3, an art book, the soundtrack, and the retro pixel ships.  

I bought the CE mostly for MoO 1&2 since I couldn't get GOG to take my money Q_Q but I'm having a decent bit of fun playing Terrans on Extreme.  The Morale bonus means you can turn taxes up to 5BC from Turn 1 and suffer no real penalty (You 'have' to build the Gov Center and Barracks quick but you'll be doing that anyways) and the faster shipbuilding and better beams makes halting the AI starter rush that much easier.  Really it makes the Terrans feel like Gnolams raking in hundreds of BC per turn really early and churning out soon-to-be outdated ships.  But you make so much Cred per Turn that retrofitting costs aren't that bad.

I even think the ship bonus might extend to Colony Ships but by the 3 or 4th star system I'm spamming the Buyout Option on nearly everything anyways.

Also more ships is nice to cover chokepoints since the AI loves to skim the edges of your scanners to attack your flanks.  Though I'm sure that the other races can reach similar BC per Turn and maintain morale on developed planets.  I feel that Terrans can do it quicker which makes them better colony spammers right out the gate.

Frankly I'd love to see Trilarians and Gnolams take the scene in MoO 2016 but Elerians would need some nerfing in order to avoid becoming horribly OP.  If they got to keep their Mind Control with Cruiser+ ability they could just create a doomstack of frigates and cruisers to blitz a poorly defended corner of another Empire and take out a massive chunk of it before the defender could even hope to mount a counter-attack.  Even if you kill the doomstack you've likely lost 30% of your empire and would have to take the time to invade it all back, while the Elerians send a second doomstack from a different starlane.  Even if they buffed "Orbital Defenses" it wouldn't be nearly enough to stop a blitzkrieg and MC chain that would allow Elerians to effortlessly take everything by mid-game.  Research penalty or no with the new starlane system they'd be impossible to properly defend against and every match would basically be to find the Elerians and get everyone to gang up on them ASAP.

Their Omniscience bonus is fine.  And we need the Antarans popping in out of nowhere slaughtering whole Star Systems in a handful of turns before running back through the wormhole.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users