Uber planets trait kinda pointless...

uber planets trait meklar klackon fail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

GoodBanta #1 Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:11 PM

Ensign

• Players

Most of the options for uber planets are kinda pointless, since you can terraform Desert/Arid/Swamp planets into Terran anyway.

Only the Inferno option makes a bit of sense, since there is no other way to make Volcanic planets into liveable habitats/Gaia planets.

Not entirely sure how this could be fixed/balance, but it bugged me a bit, so I figured I'd make a thread about it.

Arent11 #2 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostGoodBanta, on 09 April 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

Most of the options for uber planets are kinda pointless, since you can terraform Desert/Arid/Swamp planets into Terran anyway.

Well, I would also favor a kind of "preferred biome" instead of the "uber planets". Especially because it doesn't really make sense logically.

I would simply change the mechanic to "uber planets" being the preferred biome. For example, Silicoids simply treating inferno as "terran" or Meklar preferring "barren" planets, Sakkra loving hot deserts etc. This should, of course, also mean that Silicoids hate terran planets, Meklar don't like them and terraform them to barren planets etc.

Vahouth #3 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:50 PM

Vice Admiral

• Players

Here's a little quote about uber terraforming and why they are preferable that normal terraforming.

It only takes 250 production to complete the Uber planet transformation, which is identical to the first level of Terraforming (also 250) and half that for Gaia Transformation (500).

Uber planets are competitive with Gaia planets. They have the same farming yield values, but before [Astro Biology, Tier 6], they may have slightly fewer farming slots available (leading to a slightly smaller population size). Once you research Astro Biology, Uber planets have identical farming values and slots as Gaia.

What is most notable about Uber Biomes is that they have substantial tolerance to pollution which essentially makes them immune.

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=637440060

So to answer your question, no, they are not pointless. ;)

Edited by Vahouth, 09 April 2016 - 08:51 PM.

Manaxs #4 Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:03 PM

Ensign

• Players
Inferno uber planet is BOSS ! nuff said

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users