Are they working on Master of Magic?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

CecilPaladin #1 Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:37 PM

Commander

• Players

I gotta tell you, as much as I enjoyed playing the original Master of Orion, I did enjoy the Master of Magic series more.  A combination of Civ plus the Magic the Gathering card game into one game, it was pretty awesome!  I still play that game from time to time and was super excited to hear they revamped the original MOO.  

Has there been any word on a revamp of the original classic Master of Magic?

Lucian667 #2 Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:28 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostCecilPaladin, on 21 April 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

I gotta tell you, as much as I enjoyed playing the original Master of Orion, I did enjoy the Master of Magic series more.  A combination of Civ plus the Magic the Gathering card game into one game, it was pretty awesome!  I still play that game from time to time and was super excited to hear they revamped the original MOO.  

Has there been any word on a revamp of the original classic Master of Magic?

Totally agree, MOM was an amazing game. And sadly no, I haven't heard anything about a remake.

Ilserrad #3 Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Was the Master of Magic IP part of the sale of MoO, or was that sold off separately?

or even sold off at all?

Soylent_Greene #4 Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

There have been a myriad of Master of Magic clones, and none have ever come close to the original.

I have heard that Firaxis was working on a MOD for their CIV V game which would clone the MoM game environment, much like they did with Alpha Centauri without the name.

Bringing the game forward from the eight bit graphics and keeping the core of the game would be fantastic.

I seem to remember a hero that was Dragonkin riding a Drake, and when sufficiently buffed he was incredible! Put him out with a couple of Troll Halberdiers as meat shields, and even if they are clobbered they regen after the battle, meanwhile he flew around using breath weapons!

I just loved the challenge of pumping up a hero so he had like a 50 mana/turn upkeep!

That and crafting your own artifacts to make the hero even crazier!

Ilserrad #5 Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Torin, the Chosen one. That is all.

But, yeah, EmP, I think you're right. I know all the times I play Endless Legend, there never gets a point where a hero isn't being babysat by his army.

I think Elemental was the same way, but that one doesn't run on my PC anymore so I can't replay it.

CecilPaladin #6 Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

Commander

• Players
Torin, the Chosen one once geared and leveled up was a one man army.  Not only that, if he died, you could resummon him.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users