Tactical combat screen way to small.

Tactical Space Combat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Size of Tactical Space Combat screen! (4 members have cast votes)

Is the current tactical screen to big/small or just right?

1. Too big, make it smaller and let the chips fall as they may. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Too small, give us a bigger screen, and let us have room to Maneuver as we move to contact. (4 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. It's just right, leave it alone. (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Other, will explain in thread. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

voidstalker_woe #1 Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:02 PM

Captain

• Players

Hi folks, as we get closer and closer to the end of EA3, I feel obligated to start posting more and more of the things I see that are wrong.

Here I am just going to talk about the SIZE of the area that we have for tactical combat, and not anything else, like it being RT, nor the lack of instructions, tutorials, or whatnot, but JUST the size.

For me, good tactical combat needs to start with the opposing fleets beyond the maximum weapons range of any weapons in the game (except in one case, which I will not mention here), and the need to be able to have "Room to Maneuver" before getting into range.

Right now, in EA3, the combat screen loads up with pause enabled, which is an improvement over EA1, but we still have the opposing fleets in far to close proximity to one another.  There is very little time/space to try to out maneuver the enemy, and this greatly curtails the options open to a player.

What do we need to fix this?

Further more, I believe that we must start building a better MoO5 now, for only by doing so can we get tomorrow's game, today!

CecilPaladin #2 Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:30 PM

Commander

• Players
I think your title is misleading.  It should read, fleet distances should be increased at the start of battle or something like that.  At first I thought you had an issue with the screen size.

fourteenfour #3 Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:43 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
deleted

Edited by fourteenfour, 26 May 2016 - 01:07 AM.

Wargaming Labs, taking the money and running. Abandons MOO CTS after their contract development staff could not deliver without ever one word to players.

Arent11 #4 Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

Commander

• Players
I would say it should be slightly larger, but not extremely. I would also like to have a "placement area" where I can place my fleet before combat starts. This would allow for little tricks to outmaneuver the enemy.

Mikko_M #5 Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:19 PM

Rear Admiral

• Banned

View Postvoidstalker_woe, on 16 May 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

What do we need to fix this?

We need the devs to actually do something to these multiple irritating issues still in the game.

I have also heard the complaint about too small of a battlefield often, and if there isn`t enough room to try some tactical maneuvers, then the combat isn`t all that tactical to begin with.

Moreover, I advise that the tactical combat must be made more player controllable and informative for this to become a proper MOO game.

​The long lost formula for space 4X game success = Good tactical combat + good empire management > than just good tactical combat or good empire management alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users