What to do with the Mrrshan?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Poll: How should Mrrshan be? (45 members have cast votes)

How should Mrrshan be?

1. Leave them as they are (Uber Planet, 50% Ground Combat, Barracks) (1 vote [2.00%])

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

2. Give them Beam Attack (Uber Planet, 50% Beam Attack) (28 votes [56.00%])

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

3. Give them better Ships/Elite Crews (Uber Planet, +25% Beam Attack, +25% Beam Defense) (16 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

4. Other (Specify in Comment) (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Prrsha #81 Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:13 AM

Commander

• Players
Well... still no reply about the Mrrshan problem yet.  Not even an official statement on if it was intentional or not.  Now that the sales numbers are in, do you have a roadmap of issues that can be addressed to the public?  It would be really nice to do so instead of suggesting things to thin air.

Spud_Dastardly #82 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:52 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

Rejoice Prrsha, for I have modded the game for you!  You can download the modded YAML file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32174515/RaceTypes.yaml

Simply move the file to your GameplayData folder, located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Master of Orion\MasterOfOrion_Data\StreamingAssets\GameplayData.  This mod only changes the Mrrshan.  Here's what I did:

Removed traits: Warlord, Improved Negotiations, Improved Marine Training Rate

Added traits: Beam attack +50%, Command points +20%, Rich homeworld (per MoO2)

Unchanged: Plains dweller, Starting tech: Engineering.

Get it while it's hot.  There's a good chance this mod won't function after the next patch.  Warning: this will change the Mrrshan traits for any existing saved games.  I don't know how that works with rich homeworld.  

I was able to see that they do have dispositions toward particular races specified.  For example, the Mrrshan disposition to the Alkari is set to "restless." I also noticed they have all three MoO2 races set up in the files, but they're all disabled.  In addition to changing the race traits of the vanilla races, I can also change the custom race screen to get rid of the dumb combos and give all the options, though I'm limited by the space available on the screen, so I can't enable everything at once.  Yay for modding!  Kudos to Mensmans on the Steam forums for extracting the YAML files and Mewdego on these forums for pointing me to the Steam thread.  To mod the file yourself, just open the YAML with Notepad++ (free program).  

I think I'll make a mod to balance all the races and make them cost 10 race points each.  That'll mean slimming down a lot of traits.  Any suggestions on other race traits?

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Vahouth #83 Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:37 PM

Vice Admiral

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 24 September 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Rejoice Prrsha, for I have modded the game for you!  You can download the modded YAML file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32174515/RaceTypes.yaml

Simply move the file to your GameplayData folder, located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Master of Orion\MasterOfOrion_Data\StreamingAssets\GameplayData.  This mod only changes the Mrrshan.  Here's what I did:

Get it while it's hot.  There's a good chance this mod won't function after the next patch.  Warning: this will change the Mrrshan traits for any existing saved games.  I don't know how that works with rich homeworld.  

I was able to see that they do have dispositions toward particular races specified.  For example, the Mrrshan disposition to the Alkari is set to "restless." I also noticed they have all three MoO2 races set up in the files, but they're all disabled.  In addition to changing the race traits of the vanilla races, I can also change the custom race screen to get rid of the dumb combos and give all the options, though I'm limited by the space available on the screen, so I can't enable everything at once.  Yay for modding!  Kudos to Mensmans on the Steam forums for extracting the YAML files and Mewdego on these forums for pointing me to the Steam thread.  To mod the file yourself, just open the YAML with Notepad++ (free program).  

I think I'll make a mod to balance all the races and make them cost 10 race points each.  That'll mean slimming down a lot of traits.  Any suggestions on other race traits?

Great stuff, thanks!

BTW I noticed this under some of the races:

Block Quote

government: government_dictatorship
            government_advanced: government_imperium

Is this for reals???

XeeleeNightfighter #84 Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

Ensign

• Players

@Spud_Dastardly: Thanks for asking that question in the other thread. I managed to change the Mrrshans to my liking and was just about to post my findings here, but you beat me to it.

I changed Warlord to +30% Command Points and +25% Beam Defense. Added +50% Beam Attack to Mrrshan and removed that diplomatic trait.

Edit: typos

Edited by XeeleeNightfighter, 24 September 2016 - 03:45 PM.

Spud_Dastardly #85 Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostVahouth, on 24 September 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Great stuff, thanks!

BTW I noticed this under some of the races:

Is this for reals???

I saw that too.  They have one specified for every race.  It's either a leftover from an early build, or we're eventually getting governments!  In the RacialTraits.csv file which has all the trait descriptions, I found these:

DEMOCRACY_DESCRIPTION,,"This system of government is open and encourages free trade and liberty, but suffers in security and (to be completed)"

UNIFICATION_DESCRIPTION,,"This race is unified. One single mental entity in constant communication with itself; allowing no dissent, but providing all of the comfort of racial memory."

No dictatorship or feudal though.

Edit:  I found a "GovernmentTypes.yaml."  Here's what's in it:

Spoiler

Looks like they really have worked on it.

I also found the omnicient, lucky, and aquatic traits in racialtraits file.  The omniscient trait is apparently fully functional too!

View PostXeeleeNightfighter, on 24 September 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

@Spud_Dastardly: Thanks for asking that question in the other thread. I managed to change the Mrrshans to my liking and was just about to post my findings here, but you beat me to it.

I changed Warlord to +30% Command Points and +25% Beam Defense. Added +50% Beam Attack to Mrrshan and removed that diplomatic trait.

Edit: typos

I'm glad I could help.  I having fun playing around with these files.  

Edited by Spud_Dastardly, 24 September 2016 - 05:14 PM.

Arent11 #86 Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 24 September 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

YES!!! I actually already thought about modifying *all* races because I feel many advantages do not change the playstyle significantly enough.

Prrsha #87 Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:37 PM

Commander

• Players
Thank you so much for your contribution!  I myself, was personally looking forward to this.  Now I can test them properly in an in-house multiplayer match (single player too) too see how they stack up against the other stock races!

Spud_Dastardly #88 Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostPrrsha, on 07 October 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

Thank you so much for your contribution!  I myself, was personally looking forward to this.  Now I can test them properly in an in-house multiplayer match (single player too) too see how they stack up against the other stock races!

You're welcome.  Be sure to check out my Balanced Races mod too which rebalances all of the races as well as the custom race picks.  I ended up having to drop plains dwellers for the Mrrshan because starting on an arid homeworld is a huge disadvantage for them.  Let me know what you think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users