Governments, should we have them in MOO:CtS?

Government Racail Traits Traits Races Cutstomization

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Governments as Additional Racial Traits? (24 members have cast votes)

Should we include Governments in MOO:CtS?

1. Yes, add Governments (14 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Yes, and allow Government switching (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

3. No, Governments are not needed. (3 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Omega_Weapon #21 Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostArchont4000, on 02 August 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

RuNeZz, you are certainly aware that 17 votes do not represent MoO:CtS players very well? They just show number of active users on this forum, which is rather low unfortunately

​I wonder why we lost so many people from the forums. Almost like they didn't like where the game was going and bailed out.

diehardtwinsfan #22 Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:42 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
well, back to the topic at hand...  Government types I think is good, as they have pros and cons... switching should be massively expensive, and somewhat limited based on your starting government type, even the upgrading scenario should come at a cost. Look how governments switch on this planet. It's rarely pretty or peaceful (unless you count switching from Rep to Dem or something like that, but that isn't on par of going from democracy to dictatorship).

voidstalker_woe #23 Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:15 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostOmega_Weapon, on 03 August 2016 - 07:23 AM, said:

​I wonder why we lost so many people from the forums. Almost like they didn't like where the game was going and bailed out.

Cannot speak for anyone else, but in my case I just got "Burned out" by the end of EA4.  I liked the fun I could have in MoO2 turn based tactical space combat, where weapons & shields had arcs and facings, and you could pick which weapons to fire at which targets, and even when to fire them.  I remember the first time I used my underdog ships to beat down an enemy BB's forward shields, moved several ships to fire Neutron Blasters to kill/attrition their crew, then used my transporters to attempt to take their ship, and if that attempt failed, then I would toss the swarm of missiles with the EG modification, and just blow it up before it could fire again.  Great fun when playing as a telepathic race, so retreat immediately and gain their best ship without them getting a chance to destroy it.

Then we got CTS, with real time combat instead, and...

I too long for a return of MoO2 governments.

Edited by voidstalker_woe, 05 August 2016 - 06:33 AM.

Further more, I believe that we must start building a better MoO5 now, for only by doing so can we get tomorrow's game, today!

plasmacannontime #24 Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostOmega_Weapon, on 03 August 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

This was me. I checked back after a few months. I am not seeing many changes.

MOO4 appears to be targeted for new players to the series, not those of us who have purchased earlier versions.
I accept that and hope there are enough positive response that a MOO5 is made. I do hope then, that that version is made more advanced to impress past owners as well.

As far as Governments go, yes add them. Probably not going to be in the vanilla version. More likely in DLC or Expansion packs.

MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, MOO4 trending downward, getting older waiting for a MOO5 (a modern version of mostly MOO2).

Mithlas #25 Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View Posttrbeier, on 20 July 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

I would like to see free government types have the advantage that population can move themselves to less populated colonies on private transports.  Maybe even private corporations setting up mining outposts, or setting up a resort colony, and of course they might even have their own military to defend it.

I think this is getting into Stellaris-level "more detail than helpful or necessary". Governments are a quaint idea, but not necessary. I agree that they could add some options for players that want them, but I think many would be incompatible with several races and wouldn't help the game in general. I think this MoO would be better off with no government than that implied with the race fluff. That being said, I would not mind government-themed bonuses and maluses to races to help round out and balance the different species. Right now the races are not balanced.

RuNeZz #26 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:52 AM

Commander

• Players

Yep i know, but you have to admit it deserves to be up there right. Since its a good idea. Yes it is hardly considerable but you never know maybe someone on the other side will notice it and indirectly spread the word. 

But your right i can't keep going like this its an idea that is bound to be absolutely ignored anyways.

Edited by RuNeZz, 11 August 2016 - 01:53 AM.

Argordon #27 Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

I am still VERY underwhelmed by this version of MOO. I am quite pleased with the graphics (although I am not liking space lanes as a means of travel between stars), but graphics itself does NOT a game make!

When I compare this version of MOO to the old MOO2 and look at what MOO2 was offering as far as game challenges and perks, this New MOO is falling very short of the mark. The old MOO2 did not do everything perfectly and there was certainly room for improvement, but my expectations are that THIS version of MOO should have everything to offer a player insofar as challenges and decisions as the old MOO2... THAT would include governments as well as Colony Officials and Fleet Officers. It just adds a dynamic to the game and a variable to make each game more personal and unique to play.

WG is looking at releasing the game Aug 25.... this is a decision based on economics. The hard-core fans of MOO have already purchased pre-release.... to release the game EARLY without more content (like governments) will be a big mistake....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users