Game Launches August 25

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

AHSOG #1 Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

See announcement here:http://steamcommunit...650850588106837

I was hoping for more Early Accesses to improve more before launch...  Sounds like not all planned features will be ready at launch, which is one reason NOT to launch until it's ready.

Archont4000 #2 Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
Sad

Spud_Dastardly #3 Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
That's too bad.  Good to read they're still adding extensive features after release though.  I wonder why they decided to spring it on us so suddenly.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

talshi #4 Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

that is so ridiculous!! No minor races......

what is with the espioange system? Do we get some changes @ august 25th or not?

Vahouth #5 Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:31 PM

Vice Admiral

• Players

No way! 

So many things need change and/or implementation!

This is way too soon! 

RuNeZz #6 Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

Commander

• Players

LOL... well then lets see if this game will offer some interesting features. A wait the game is so God-D.A.M.NED Shallow and incomplete right now that even a failure such as Moo3 offers more replay value just for understanding all the elements. Lets see if combat is fully functional, oh and lets see if spying isn't just a waste of time, oh and All G or Tolerant custom traits what a fail, lets test the differences shale we. THIS GAME IS NOT READY let me just facepalm my head off.

GG... Lets hope the next patches will change everything 

RayFowler #7 Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

Commander

• Players
Most of the reviews for it are pretty positive now, so it's not surprising Wargaming is making this move.
Master of Orion fan since 1993

talshi #8 Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

this game ist a total wasted of time.

- There is no endgame content yet and/or any usefull random events.

- no minoar races with any kind of usefull trades or even quests.

- the espionage system ist a joke.

- diplomacy ist just a copy of civ5.

- A.I..... I have no words.

Michael_Faber #9 Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Bad decision. I did not buy the game. I hoped that they improve combat and starlanes but they failed and now sell an average game that will end up with ratings in the 70 percent range. No reason for me not to continue playing MOO2. 

Last forum contribution from me. By the way I saw lots of posts on steam with similar opinion. This game will not sell not even for 30Dollar. 

Plain fail.

best regards to all the hardcore MOO2 crowd.

Mike

Dizeit_ #10 Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
So they're basically releasing a strategy game which is completely and utterly eclipsed by its 20 year old ancestor in every single way that matters. Essentially there's no reason at all for playing CTS as long as you have DosBox to play Moo2 or even Moo1. Absolutely pathetic effort Wargaming. What a waste of money.

11171971 #11 Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:05 PM

Commander

• Players
Wow. I'd say this game needs at least two more EAs and the fact they can't even wait for one more round of patches ("very soon" after release) does not bode well. Releasing EA6 is a mistake.

Doctor_Psilon #12 Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostAHSOG, on 11 August 2016 - 05:21 AM, said:

See announcement here:http://steamcommunit...650850588106837

I was hoping for more Early Accesses to improve more before launch...  Sounds like not all planned features will be ready at launch, which is one reason NOT to launch until it's ready.

Well, I am assuming that there will be a huge patch before release day that will bring the game up to speed from where it is now to what the release version will be.  

Omega_Weapon #13 Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Saddened and somewhat nauseated that this game will release in such a half a$$ed state... . Soon the MOO brand will mean even less.:(

plasmacannontime #14 Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:47 PM

Commander

• Players

Yea. I got this message on Facebook.

I don't see how they could fix all the issues in 2 weeks.

Maybe, it's a 'get the money while hype is high' kind of thing, before reviews go lower.

I really do hope they improve many things. I'd like to see a more advanced MOO2. The voice actors were a plus.

MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, MOO4 trending downward, getting older waiting for a MOO5 (a modern version of mostly MOO2).

RayFowler #15 Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:13 PM

Commander

• Players

You guys should probably stop grinding your axes now on this game. It's basically done and it is what it is. If you choose to consign it to the dust heap of bad games, along with MOO3, that's your prerogative.

But it's not MOO3, it's not MOO2, and it's not MOO1 -- and it was never going to be any of those games. I figured that out (I was hoping for MOO1) within 5 minutes of reading the first interview with Chris Keeling about the game.

Judge it on its own merits and quit complaining that Wargaming did not spend millions of dollars to create a clone of a game that you can already buy for $3 on GOG. They did not purchase the rights of this great gaming title just to commit economic suicide with it -- which is exactly what a recreated MOO1 or MOO2 would have been.

Master of Orion fan since 1993

fourteenfour #16 Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostDoctor_Psilon, on 11 August 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

Well, I am assuming that there will be a huge patch before release day that will bring the game up to speed from where it is now to what the release version will be.  

Far too many people  put all their faith in "Miracle Patch", usually the MMO crowd has this issue with their most fervent supporters. My disappointment is well known. I was hoping to that this game would eclipse the shame that MOO3 brought upon the franchise but it really adds nothing and in many cases is a greater step back
Wargaming Labs, taking the money and running. Abandons MOO CTS after their contract development staff could not deliver without ever one word to players.

MasterOfOrionConquerTheS #17 Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:21 PM

Captain

• Players

View Postfourteenfour, on 11 August 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

Far too many people  put all their faith in "Miracle Patch", usually the MMO crowd has this issue with their most fervent supporters. My disappointment is well known. I was hoping to that this game would eclipse the shame that MOO3 brought upon the franchise but it really adds nothing and in many cases is a greater step back

Well i've finished several games of this new Moo, Moo3 i couldn't go trough even once. 

Endsor #18 Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:12 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostRayFowler, on 11 August 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Judge it on its own merits

The truth? Judged on its own merit it fails dismally as just another mediocre or below average 4x to add to the growing rubbish heap of poorly-made, mediocre 4x that infest the genre like cancer. A sad end to the mighty MOO franchise which will be forgotten a month after release. WG should hang its head in shame at this slap in the face to all true MOO fans.

Omega_Weapon #19 Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:15 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostRayFowler, on 11 August 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

Judge it on its own merits and quit complaining that Wargaming did not spend millions of dollars to create a clone of a game that you can already buy for $3 on GOG. They did not purchase the rights of this great gaming title just to commit economic suicide with it -- which is exactly what a recreated MOO1 or MOO2 would have been.

​Apparently they purchased this game title just for the name recognition and do not care about living up to the past standards for this series. Substandard products can often make a fast buck, but quality products that actually make customers happy will earn more money in the long run.

trbeier #20 Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:30 AM

Captain

• Players

I thought that MOO:CTS was suppose to be more MOO2 like, but I can understand that would take considerably more work, so releasing a MOO1 like version makes sense, and then releasing a patch or upgrade to MOO2 like at a later date.  It is the MOO2 features that I am personally looking forward to.  I hope that releasing it this soon isn't going to hurt them.

I mean I like the game, but I am not sure that it is a ready for the public.  Unlike a some people who scared away other good people with their hate mail, I understand that it is still in development (Early Access).  I hope that WG is not pushing it out because the haters make it sound like they are the only ones in EA who are important, and they want more people's opinions.  I am annoyed with people who are throwing personal insults at WG and the developers, I think it ruins it for the rest of us.  Now, I am all for free speech, but I think you can still make your point without personal attacks.  I think that the moderators should delete any such hate posts so that people who are interested in contributing don't get turned off by all the hate mail.  People who hate will never be happy, so why listen?

“Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try.”
- Kutless

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users