Game Launches August 25

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Mikko_M #41 Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

Rear Admiral

• Banned

View PostElPozoleOlmeca, on 19 August 2016 - 10:37 PM, said:

​Hmm just to see if I understand this, are you asking if we will have EA for future content? 

​Why would you as you have already decided to release the game in an incomplete state?

Moreover, I advise that the tactical combat must be made more player controllable and informative for this to become a proper MOO game.

​The long lost formula for space 4X game success = Good tactical combat + good empire management > than just good tactical combat or good empire management alone.

trbeier #42 Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostElPozoleOlmeca, on 19 August 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

​Hmm just to see if I understand this, are you asking if we will have EA for future content? 

Maybe the question is, will we EA people be able to receive beta test releases before the general public?
“Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try.”
- Kutless

Omega_Weapon #43 Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:04 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View Posttrbeier, on 20 August 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

Maybe the question is, will we EA people be able to receive beta test releases before the general public?

​Doubtful. Early access is meant to allow people to try the game out and give feedback while still in development. After release that's that and EA ends.

diehardtwinsfan #44 Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:02 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostElPozoleOlmeca, on 19 August 2016 - 10:37 PM, said:

yeah pretty much.  You've said you have more things planned.  Will we be able to test that?

diehardtwinsfan #45 Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:05 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

Side note, and I don't want to sound rude, but this game is not ready for release. I know you guys are working hard on it, and I really hope I'm wrong, but there's way too much not finished and way too many bugs, not to mention some rework on some of the features that really needed to happen before the game went live. This might not be MOO3 colossal bad, but I'd be surprised if the community reaction was anything more than tepid.

Anguille_1 #46 Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:08 AM

Captain

• Players

View Postdiehardtwinsfan, on 24 August 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:

Side note, and I don't want to sound rude, but this game is not ready for release. I know you guys are working hard on it, and I really hope I'm wrong, but there's way too much not finished and way too many bugs, not to mention some rework on some of the features that really needed to happen before the game went live. This might not be MOO3 colossal bad, but I'd be surprised if the community reaction was anything more than tepid.

Maybe...but what can they do? Endless Space 2 is coming out for EA in september, Dawn of Andromeda is going to be released in September as well...they just cannot wait longer for the release. They said they will continue to work on it so it's ok for me.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

Vahouth #47 Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

Vice Admiral

• Players

Since what is done is done and the game launches tomorrow, what I'm interested is, what this entails when it comes to gameplay and balance improvements afterwards. And what are those?

Or maybe they'll let the mods carry the burden?

Edited by Vahouth, 24 August 2016 - 08:51 AM.

Dizeit_ #48 Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View Postdiehardtwinsfan, on 24 August 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:

As they've repeatedly proven, they couldn't care less about the community reaction. The only reaction they care about is that of the game's target audience, namely casual gamers. Here's to hoping the game's reception will be equally tepid with them and it sends a loud and clear message to the suits at the top who are otherwise deaf to anything except the sound of money.

mikeva1 #49 Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

The way things are as of 8/24 - I will not buy the game 

Here are my ratings on the 4 MOO games (11-worst, 10-highest)  (anything  under a 5 is a game I will not buy)

MOO 1  6

MOO 2  7 or 8

MOO3: 2

MOO:CTS : 4

In my opinion, the game has MOO 2 elements along with MOO 3  elements. If this game was titled "Conquer The Stars" and had different names for races, etc, I might have considered it if I could get it for 15 to 20 dollars. Once I can get it for under $15 ON gog then I will consider getting it.......  but I doubt that I would pay more then $10 for it.

Edited by mikeva1, 24 August 2016 - 04:09 PM.

Omega_Weapon #50 Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Hey, after a long long absence, Master of Orion is finally bursting back onto the world stage tomorrow. This is a big deal right? (insert sound of crickets chirping)

Prrsha #51 Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:33 PM

Commander

• Players
If only they included Moo1 and 2 so that people could get a bang for their buck, but I digress, I don't understand why they would spend so much money on a youtube promo video when a ground combat cut scene is needed so badly.

trbeier #52 Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostPrrsha, on 26 August 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

If only they included Moo1 and 2 so that people could get a bang for their buck, but I digress, I don't understand why they would spend so much money on a youtube promo video when a ground combat cut scene is needed so badly.

I think that you can upgrade from the Standard Edition to Collector's Edition, which has Moo1 & 2.
“Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try.”
- Kutless

Balanced_Integer #53 Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostDizeit_, on 24 August 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

As they've repeatedly proven, they couldn't care less about the community reaction. The only reaction they care about is that of the game's target audience, namely casual gamers. Here's to hoping the game's reception will be equally tepid with them and it sends a loud and clear message to the suits at the top who are otherwise deaf to anything except the sound of money.

Sorry, but this post is not supported by the facts. NGD has repeatedly rejiggered this game in response to feedback from the community. From the more intricate controls available in tactical combat, to re-working the tech table progressions, to re-balancing the way that early colonization works to prevent colony spamming, just to name three. 

Just because NGD did not include content that you and others would prefer, =/= NGD turning a deaf ear to community feedback. This isn't to say that negative comments are unwarranted for this game, but NGD has been quite attentive to feedback IMHO.

"​I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nebiir, 'round the Antares Maelstrom, and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!"  --Khan Noonien Singh

"We tried it once your way, Khan. Are you game for a rematch?"  --Admiral James T. Kirk

Dizeit_ #54 Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostBalanced_Integer, on 27 August 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

Sorry, but this post is not supported by the facts. NGD has repeatedly rejiggered this game in response to feedback from the community. From the more intricate controls available in tactical combat, to re-working the tech table progressions, to re-balancing the way that early colonization works to prevent colony spamming, just to name three. 

Just because NGD did not include content that you and others would prefer, =/= NGD turning a deaf ear to community feedback. This isn't to say that negative comments are unwarranted for this game, but NGD has been quite attentive to feedback IMHO.

Lol, what a joke! NGD totally used the Moo community to find and fix bugs during EA but as for changing or modifying any important gameplay elements that fans were screaming about? Well EmP64213's estimate of 1% is about right but I would argue that they deviated even less from what they had already planned to do anyway. This game is and always was intended purely for casual gamers, the Moo community was just used to bug test.

At EA release tactical combat was a chaotic, hard to control mess and now that the game is finally released its STILL chaotic, messy and hard to control with only a few minor tweaks. The game started with a linear CIV-clone tech tree, the fans begged them to switch to a more Moo-like randomized tech tree and now after screaming their throats raw for months we STILL have a linear CIV-clone tech tree. Absolutely pathetic. Hopefully even the casual audience will end up passing on this poor, lazy, inept effort.

But its great that there's always no shortage of brown-nosing White Knights who will happily crawl out of the woodwork on any forum to defend ANY company's actions no matter how low or heinous. There were certainly no shortage on this board and I'm sure NGD thought it was just hilarious that they essentially did all their PR obfuscation work for them. Thanks White Knights for doing your small part to help make this game the simplistic, lazy, casual-friendly triumph to mediocrity it is today.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users