Galaxy, Wormholes, space hazards and space lanes...

#Galaxy #Wormholes # Space la

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Alain_Vollant #1 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Hello,

Here some suggestion that would enhance the game:

Galaxies: Two type of galaxy should be added to the game setting: the Barred spiral galaxy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barred_spiral_galaxy) and the Irregular Galaxy (Like Large Magellanic Cloud https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Magellanic_Cloud). Those two galaxy would be a great addition and a would represent a different challenges.

Wormholes:  Would it be possible to link the two end of a wormhole by a thin red line? I ask because every time I want to use a wormhole in a late game, I have difficulty to find out which goes where… especially when you have 2 wormhole or more. My suggestion would be to make that line appear only when you click on one end of the wormhole to see where it goes.

Space lanes: Some technology should be available to either help your fleet travelling faster within your empire or to slow down the enemy fleet trying to attack you. If introduce, this would add another layer of complexity that players might enjoy.

Space hazards should be added to make the galaxy more challenging to explore...Hazards like neutron stars, black holes, nebula and cosmic storms. Each of these hazard could represent a different challenge or would require a set of abilities or technology to overcome.

What you do you think of that?

Edited by Alain_Vollant, 14 August 2016 - 12:33 AM.

Omega_Weapon #2 Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:47 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostAlain_Vollant, on 13 August 2016 - 07:29 PM, said:

Hello,

Here some suggestion that would enhance the game:

Galaxies: Two type of galaxy should be added to the game setting: the Barred spiral galaxy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barred_spiral_galaxy) and the Irregular Galaxy (Like Large Magellanic Cloud https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Magellanic_Cloud). Those two galaxy would be a great addition and a would represent a different challenges.

Wormholes:  Would it be possible to link the two end of a wormhole by a thin red line? I ask because every time I want to use a wormhole in a late game, I have difficulty to find out which goes where… especially when you have 2 wormhole or more. My suggestion would be to make that line appear only when you click on one end of the wormhole to see where it goes.

Space lanes: Some technology should be available to either help your fleet travelling faster within your empire or to slow down the enemy fleet trying to attack you. If introduce, this would add another layer of complexity that players might enjoy.

Space hazards should be added to make the galaxy more challenging to explore...Hazards like neutron stars, black holes, nebula and cosmic storms. Each of these hazard could represent a different challenge or would require a set of abilities or technology to overcome.

What you do you think of that?

I like the space hazards idea. I think it only really works though with off road travel. Traveling in open space away from a defined starlane might entail risks that can damage, delay of even destroy a ship.

AHSOG #3 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
Yes.

Alain_Vollant #4 Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
It has been 6 months since the last reply. So I'd like to bring back on the table to see if peoples would be interested by this development. I say this would improve the game but I really don't how difficult it would be to implement in the game.

GhostTX1 #5 Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
I'd like to see a speed bonus in between your own Stargates. It'd be nice if you could use other races stargates when you have open borders or an alliance with them.

Exoclyps #6 Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:36 AM

Captain

• Players
I think the speed bonus thingy can be modded. Currently already is a slight speed bonus between Jump Gates.

Partythenwork #7 Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:26 PM

Commander

• Players

i think the orange warp gates (or the ones that are locked until you get like transoptics) should have a much longer transit time to get through.  it would make building a jump gate around that a strategic investment.

i am still bummed that they don't have much larger nebulas which could affect larger regions of space

Alain_Vollant #8 Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
I just had another idea : Proto solar system - a solar system with a few belts and a lot of asteroids. Too many to terraform. A major hazard to go through but a great place to put a research station.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users