Need more turnout on the forum

turnout forum civ6

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

plasmacannontime #1 Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:10 PM

Commander

• Players

I just finished watching the Civilization 6 live broadcast.

At the moment that I looked up, there were 528 people on the civfanatics forum.

Probably more if I had checked 30 minutes earlier.

I hope Master of Orion draws these kinds of crowds or I fear a long delay before Master of Orion 5.

MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, MOO4 trending downward, getting older waiting for a MOO5 (a modern version of mostly MOO2).

M002mod #2 Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

Commander

• Players

that was prob the number for the Civ6 subfolder?

civfanatics full forum is easily > 1000

Omega_Weapon #3 Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:51 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Not enough positive reasons for people to be active on the MOO forums. We had good numbers to start, but the majority didn't like what they saw and walked away. Mostly just the diehards (happy and unhappy) who linger here still. Plus the occasional new person before they get scared off.

plasmacannontime #4 Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:30 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostM002mod, on 18 August 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

that was prob the number for the Civ6 subfolder?

civfanatics full forum is easily > 1000

​Yes. It was the Civilization VI / Discussions subfolder.

There was a massive turnout above normal because of the live broadcast showing them play Civ6 as Germany. They answered posts from twitchy.tv users and explained different features. Many leaders and known now too, such as Greece having two leaders, neither Alexander.

Anyway, I don't see a counter here on this forum, so I have no idea how many members and guests are logged in here at any given time. 

The feel is that it is less than Civfanatics forum.

I like Civ and it appears to be succeeding. I would like MOO to succeed too. I just don't see the posts go up as fast as on there.

Note to those who operate the forum:

If the number of members and guests logged in was displayed, this would be some data that would show this forum is more alive than dead.

It would be nice for us to see this information.

MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, MOO4 trending downward, getting older waiting for a MOO5 (a modern version of mostly MOO2).

plasmacannontime #5 Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:36 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostOmega_Weapon, on 18 August 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

Not enough positive reasons for people to be active on the MOO forums. We had good numbers to start, but the majority didn't like what they saw and walked away. Mostly just the diehards (happy and unhappy) who linger here still. Plus the occasional new person before they get scared off.

They need to be encouraged to use these forums as this is the main site.

Outside MOO1, MOO2 and MOO3 forums could migrate here over time. Mods could be posted like on Civ's forums.

I would love to see an active community here.

There is literally a MOO2 section on the Civfanatics forum. You can download version 1.50 there and the ICE mod (which I did both).

I don't think we have a Civilization section here for anyone to download an update from.

Spud_Dastardly #6 Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View Postplasmacannontime, on 19 August 2016 - 05:30 AM, said:

Anyway, I don't see a counter here on this forum, so I have no idea how many members and guests are logged in here at any given time. 

The feel is that it is less than Civfanatics forum.

I like Civ and it appears to be succeeding. I would like MOO to succeed too. I just don't see the posts go up as fast as on there.

Note to those who operate the forum:

If the number of members and guests logged in was displayed, this would be some data that would show this forum is more alive than dead.

It would be nice for us to see this information.

There is a counter.  It's at the very bottom of the page.  At the time of this posting, 87 people online: 3 members and 84 guests.  Also on the main page there's a box that says "most online 6413," and when you mouse over it says "August 15."  I might guess that means 6413 people were online visited the forums on August 15.  Seems we have a lot of lurkers...

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Mikko_M #7 Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:19 PM

Rear Admiral

• Banned
The game is soon to be released incomplete and very shallow overall. Why should more people care about your average 4X game with not much else to offer except a famous name?

Moreover, I advise that the tactical combat must be made more player controllable and informative for this to become a proper MOO game.

​The long lost formula for space 4X game success = Good tactical combat + good empire management > than just good tactical combat or good empire management alone.

plasmacannontime #8 Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:16 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 19 August 2016 - 02:04 AM, said:

There is a counter.  It's at the very bottom of the page.  At the time of this posting, 87 people online: 3 members and 84 guests.  Also on the main page there's a box that says "most online 6413," and when you mouse over it says "August 15."  I might guess that means 6413 people were online visited the forums on August 15.  Seems we have a lot of lurkers...

​Oh yea. I see it now. Thanks. :)  

It is a low daily amount. :(

To answer Mikko_M's question.

I don't know.

You are right. From this point it does appear to be an incomplete mediocre game. I do like the famous name. I still play MOO2 at least once a week. My whole family if asked, they know it's my favorite game of all time. I expected better. I had hope for The MOO1.75 that MOO3 was not. I hoped that whoever bought the name would remember how much joy MOO1 and MOO2 brought so many people. All the excitement so many of us had when we heard that they were making a MOO3. And the massive disappointment the vast majority of us had when MOO3 failed to live up to expectations.

I would have thought they would have understood to not bring any single thing from MOO3. Pretend it did not exist. And make the sequel those buyers expected over a decade ago.

I created the login for Wargamming's site for the sole purpose of coming on here, like I did in the past on Lord Brazen's MOO2 BlogSpot (as Time).

Mikko_M, I don't know.

With some luck, there will be enough improvements to keep reviews positive and a MOO5 appears years form now. We'll see.

Mikko_M #9 Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

Rear Admiral

• Banned

View Postplasmacannontime, on 20 August 2016 - 05:16 AM, said:

I created the login for Wargamming's site for the sole purpose of coming on here, like I did in the past on Lord Brazen's MOO2 BlogSpot (as Time).

So did I since I hoped that developers might actually listen to us fans and make this game great, but it is now quite obvious that didn`t happen. So the worse this tablet MOO for kids sells the better as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Mikko_M, 20 August 2016 - 10:20 AM.

Moreover, I advise that the tactical combat must be made more player controllable and informative for this to become a proper MOO game.

​The long lost formula for space 4X game success = Good tactical combat + good empire management > than just good tactical combat or good empire management alone.

Dizeit_ #10 Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostMikko_M, on 19 August 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

The game is soon to be released incomplete and very shallow overall. Why should more people care about your average 4X game with not much else to offer except a famous name?

U R so right, there's zero reason why any real Moo fan would be interested in this pale excuse for a Moo sequel. No wonder the forums are so dead.

Also tagged with turnout, forum, civ6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users