Describe this game to me.....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

arman516 #1 Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:14 AM

Ensign

• Players
So what is it like? Is it worth it? Is it available on Mac?

Omega_Weapon #2 Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:36 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
If you are a casual gamer or like easy games that aren't hard to learn, this might be something you would like. I personally find that it lacks enough depth to keep me engaged. Four play throughs and I'm completely tired of it.

Spud_Dastardly #3 Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

I would suggest watching a let's play video.  You can find a ton of them on YouTube.  You might also check out this review: https://explorminate.net/2016/08/25/master-of-orion-conquer-the-star-review/

To give a broad description, this is a 4X game, which is a type of turn based strategy game.  You choose your race, your galaxy, and your opponents, and then starting with just a couple ships and your home world you eXplore the galaxy, eXpand to new planets, eXploit their resources, and eventually eXterminate your opponents (there are other ways to win too).  This game is designed to be a good introduction to people not familiar with 4x games but doesn't contain as much as the strategic depth as some hardcore 4x players demand.  The game has only just come out, and it is arguably pretty good, but not great.  As development of features continue, we're hoping it will improve significantly to be as great as the first two games in the Master of Orion series (released long ago).  In my humble opinion, the standard edition ($30) is worth it, but the collector's edition ($50, comes with an art book, soundtrack, extra race, and the first three master of orion games) is not worth the extra $20, but others may disagree.  

It is available for mac, but you do need a fairly modern computer to run the game effectively.  You can check out the minimum and recommended specs here: http://masteroforion.com/editions

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Lucian667 #4 Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:11 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
MOO-CTS can best be summed up as "Master of Orion for Dummies". A  shallow, casual-friendly game, more simplistic and less deep in every single way (except graphics of course) than its 20+ year old successful predecessors. On the plus side its better than MOO 3 but then what isn't?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users