Strong Empire Defense Mod

mod empire defense

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Setlec #21 Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:53 PM

Ensign

• Players

you should publish your mods either on moddb or nexusmod...

by the way how could i add the guardian ship into a species that colonize orion?

Spud_Dastardly #22 Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:27 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostSetlec, on 01 October 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

you should publish your mods either on moddb or nexusmod...

by the way how could i add the guardian ship into a species that colonize orion?

The next patch, which is expected in the next couple weeks, is probably going to mess up my mods because it is a major feature update.  Once the next patch comes out and I verify the compatability of all of my mods, I'm going to compile them into one big game re-balancing mod, which I'll then upload to moddb and maybe nexusmod.  

If I understand you correctly, you want to create a sort of independent faction that has a population on and controls Orion; is that right?  They have temporarily disabled all of the independent race features in the game.  Once they add them back in, it might just be possible to create one for Orion, though it may end up being beyond my ability if it requires hard coding it into the game's DLL files.  You certainly can't do it with the current yaml files.

Back to the missile discussion, I'm getting a little lazy with the weapon rebalancing, so I don't think I'll have it done before the next patch.  I'll look closer at missiles then.

Edited by Spud_Dastardly, 02 October 2016 - 03:29 PM.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Setlec #23 Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

Ensign

• Players
hmmm my original intent was to add the orion guardian ship as a reward for colonizing Orion, but the idea of having a civilisation of some sort seems nice but not feasible for someone like you being alone. Maybe you could but your mods are more important to me atm.

Summon3r #24 Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostSetlec, on 02 October 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

hmmm my original intent was to add the orion guardian ship as a reward for colonizing Orion, but the idea of having a civilisation of some sort seems nice but not feasible for someone like you being alone. Maybe you could but your mods are more important to me atm.

this is a good point, it was super cool to get that special ship in MoO 2 when you conquered orion

Setlec #25 Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:08 PM

Ensign

• Players
that's my point! since the ship is freaking huge you could mod it as you whished!

Spud_Dastardly #26 Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:13 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostSetlec, on 02 October 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

Oh, I see.  That's a neat idea!  It's kind of like getting the Avenger in Moo2 but cooler.  I have an idea of how I might do it, but you would have to build the ship yourself.  I guess that makes sense since you blow up the original guardian in the fight anyway, but maybe it's like you were able to recover the blueprints for it.  Straight up giving you the ship after the battle would be harder and would require some coding.  WIth what I'm thinking, defeating the guardian would unlock the ability to build the guardian as an empire unique ship that you couldn't design the blueprint for.  I guess I could give you the ability to design the blueprint, but it wouldn't be as cool if you could just take off all the death rays and just fill it with missiles or something. I'd certainly make the player version of the ship have a smarter blueprint design than the actual guardian.  

Anyway, it would be incompatible with my Tech Tree mod unless I combined both mods into one.  Also given the amount of work that would need to go into it, I'd rather wait until after the next patch for this one.  Since I'm planning on combining all my mods at that point, this would be ideal anyway.  Thanks for the idea.

Setlec #27 Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

Ensign

• Players
you have my approval for doing whatever you feel better to do! if you merge it would be great! i can't complain at all, only wish for the best. but i'm already thankful that you are considering doing it!

Laegad #28 Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:04 PM

Commander

• Players

I'm not tested this mod yet,

I'm afraid the IA could have some difficulties to adapt to this mod, and lost its fleet by attacking too strong defenses.

Someone can tell me if i'm wrong ?

Summon3r #29 Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostLaegad, on 05 October 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

I'm afraid the IA could have some difficulties to adapt to this mod, and lost its fleet by attacking too strong defenses.

so far this mod is outstanding imho (playing on hard/very hard) i think spud has actually nailed the numbers perfect on the defenses. i had an outpost the other day actually barely turn the tide in a battle for me that before hand would have been dead in teh first volley.

on the flip side i had a enemy star fortress barely hold the line vs one of my fleets has made game much more fun for me. all imho.

infact spud if you read this i actually think the battlestation and most definitely the star fortress could much stronger defensively, shields are pathetic lol

Spud_Dastardly #30 Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:48 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostLaegad, on 05 October 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

As far as I can tell, the AI makes decisions about going into battle based on the victory chances algorithm, which is based on the combat power and defense numbers.  Those numbers have increased with the strengthened defenses, and so I think the AI has been able to handle those decisions just fine.  

View PostSummon3r, on 05 October 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

infact spud if you read this i actually think the battlestation and most definitely the star fortress could much stronger defensively, shields are pathetic lol

Because most mod updates I do involve starting a new game for testing, I haven't actually seen a battlestation or star fortress in action yet.  I'll definitely look into improving them.  Have you had a chance to see how advanced military outposts perform?

Laegad #31 Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:00 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 05 October 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

As far as I can tell, the AI makes decisions about going into battle based on the victory chances algorithm, which is based on the combat power and defense numbers.

Those numbers have increased with the strengthened defenses, and so I think the AI has been able to handle those decisions just fine.

You're probably right,

There is no other (easy) way to design an "AI" to take decision to engage or not.

Well, I think this mod can make the game better; I think i will play with it.

Summon3r #32 Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:04 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 05 October 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

Because most mod updates I do involve starting a new game for testing, I haven't actually seen a battlestation or star fortress in action yet.  I'll definitely look into improving them.  Have you had a chance to see how advanced military outposts perform?

unfortunately i have not been in battle with the advanced outposts, that said i would bet a pay cheque the shields could be boosted and given shield capacitors at the very least.

as for battlestation and fortress actually orbital battery and missile platform could all be stronger defensively imho especially shield wise. are you able to add specials to them? pulsars woul dbe pretty cool on all the platforms and or lightning field. star fortress would be cool with huge fleets of heavy fighters (do they have them now?)

Spud_Dastardly #33 Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:22 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostSummon3r, on 06 October 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

unfortunately i have not been in battle with the advanced outposts, that said i would bet a pay cheque the shields could be boosted and given shield capacitors at the very least.

as for battlestation and fortress actually orbital battery and missile platform could all be stronger defensively imho especially shield wise. are you able to add specials to them? pulsars woul dbe pretty cool on all the platforms and or lightning field. star fortress would be cool with huge fleets of heavy fighters (do they have them now?)

I can put specials on them, but if I put too many specials then there won't be space left for weapons.  Right now I have mostly offensive specials, but I can look into trading some of them out for defensive ones.  I know I gave the star base automated repair unit and the star fortress energy absorber at least, though they only get outfitted with that if you have the tech.  I will consider lightning field; right now they just have tons of PD weapons for missile defense.  Currently the star fortress doesn't have heavy fighters, but I could add them.  As far as shields go, I may just need to boost the strength of shields in general which I can do once I combine this mod with my tech tree mod.  I'm waiting for the next patch before I merge the mods though.

Summon3r #34 Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:45 AM

Commander

• Players

awesome spud.....

i dunno about you but imho the star fortress should be the pinnacle of defense and should be able to hold its own vs a significant fleet, and also make you think twice before you engage a planet that has a fleet plus a fortress and defensive platforms defending it?

Spud_Dastardly #35 Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:31 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

Version 1.3 update:

Now Battlestation is 50% stronger than normal and Star Fortress is 70% stronger than normal.  As it stands now, the Star Fortress has about the same space as a titan does but 50% more HP. 

After the next patch when I'm going to combine my mods, I plan to move missile base and orbital defense further up the tech tree and make them stronger in order to better balance early game defenses with later game defenses.  I'm going to put missile base with global DNA scanner, and I haven't decided where to put orbital defense yet.  I also plan on improving the strength of shields across the board.

EmperorFredd #36 Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
Has anybody else noticed that missile bases seem to be a lot harder to kill than other defenses, including star bases (generic game)?  Their shields seem to be turbocharged.

Summon3r #37 Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 11 October 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

Version 1.3 update:

Now Battlestation is 50% stronger than normal and Star Fortress is 70% stronger than normal.  As it stands now, the Star Fortress has about the same space as a titan does but 50% more HP. 

After the next patch when I'm going to combine my mods, I plan to move missile base and orbital defense further up the tech tree and make them stronger in order to better balance early game defenses with later game defenses.  I'm going to put missile base with global DNA scanner, and I haven't decided where to put orbital defense yet.  I also plan on improving the strength of shields across the board.

hey spud is it possible to have a "missile/orbital II" or advanced versions further down teh tech tree? seems to me at least the missile base should be available fairly early in the game as its pretty basic in terms of technology?

Spud_Dastardly #38 Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostEmperorFredd, on 11 October 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Has anybody else noticed that missile bases seem to be a lot harder to kill than other defenses, including star bases (generic game)?  Their shields seem to be turbocharged.

Their defensive stats are identical to orbital defenses and weaker than star bases.   In the vanilla game I found that they died extremely quickly.

View PostSummon3r, on 11 October 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

hey spud is it possible to have a "missile/orbital II" or advanced versions further down teh tech tree? seems to me at least the missile base should be available fairly early in the game as its pretty basic in terms of technology?

I think it's possible, but it requires some extensive work.  I think it's a good idea, but it will have to wait until after the next patch.  My plan was to put the missile base with global DNA scanner, which is on the 3rd tier in the tech tree, so it would be pretty early still.

EmperorFredd #39 Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 12 October 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Their defensive stats are identical to orbital defenses and weaker than star bases.   In the vanilla game I found that they died extremely quickly.

I should rethink the way I approach them, then.  It must be an illusion based on consistently devoting a minor force to them while the main force works on the starbase/fleet.  Hm.  No shield special, eh.  Thanks.

diehardtwinsfan #40 Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

Lot of really cool stuff in here.  Once that next patch comes out, I'm downloading that compiled mod... loving what you're doing here spud... wish the Devs would just take this and add it in.  You fixing the Mrrshan too?

I'd add that the Silicoids could use some tweaking... slightly faster pop growth or a way to allow them to focus on said things... they grow too slow and usually get swallowed up.  Never had a game where they weren't easy targets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users