Jump to content


Tech Tree Mod

Mod Technology

  • Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Spud_Dastardly #1 Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:21 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Players
  • 657
  • Member since:
    07-15-2016

This mod is no longer actively supported and may not function on the latest version of the game.  It has been replaced with my new mega mod: 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod, which you can get here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797954504

http://www.nexusmods.com/masteroforionconquerthestars/mods/6/?

 

Original Post:

Spoiler

 


Edited by Spud_Dastardly, 12 November 2016 - 11:11 AM.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

 


mewdego #2 Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28
  • Member since:
    06-11-2015

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 28 September 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

I'm having a lot of fun with these yaml files.  It's like I can fix almost all the balance I don't like in the game.  I hope you all are enjoying my mods as well.  Perhaps eventually I'll combine them into one big mod, but for now I'll keep them separate so you can pick and choose which ones you like.  Anyway, here's another one for you: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32174515/Tech%20Tree%20Mod%20v1.0.zip

 

Instructions:  Move TechTree.yaml and ColonyStructureTypes.yaml to your GameplayData folder.  

 

This mod addresses several issues with technology that I and others brought up in the last general gameplay balance thread as well as a couple others goodies I thought up.  

  • The colony base is now buildable and scrappable once you research it including on your home world.  The maintenance cost has been reduced to 0, so lithovore races need not bother scrapping it.  
  • Removed the maintenance cost from the Geosynchronous Warehouse
  • Spaceport now gives +10 BC.
  • Galactic Currency Exchange now only gives +50% empire credits.
  • Swapped Planetary Supercomputer and Pleasure Dome in the tech tree so you get the Supercomputer sooner, lowered the benefit to 20 rp.
  • Moved Advanced Colony Ship back two tiers to Galactic Trading since the colonization phase was basically over by the time you got to it previously.
  • This made the Galactic Trading tier way too useful for a single tech node, so I moved Advanced Space Factory back to Macro Economics with the lonely Geosynchronous Warehouse.
  • Moved Phasor Rifle back two tiers to Electromagnetic Refraction since previously there were 4 tiers between neutron and phasor rifle but 0 tiers between phasor and plasma rifle.
  • Moved Hyperplanar Transfer Tracking Premises to Temporal Fields, Transponder Control plant to Planar Transcendence, and created a new tier between Planar Transcendence and Evolving Tech just for the Ultraplanar dimorphic transponder.  You now have to research the entire tech tree to get the technological victory, and it takes slightly longer to finish the tech tree.  Moved Phasing cloak back to transwarp fields as a choice tech for node balance.

 

If there are any changes you don't like or you have some of your own you would like me to implement, feel free to say so!  I can move techs around the tree, alter what bonuses particular techs give, make certain tech nodes into choices between techs, alter maintenance costs and build costs, etc.  Any suggestions for other mods I might be able to do are welcome too, though keep in mind I can only modify the existing stuff and change numbers, not create new features.

you have been busy lately... thx for your efforts



EmperorFredd #3 Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Players
  • 94
  • Member since:
    09-01-2016
How about putting Civil Transport and Troop Transport into the first level techs that races begin with?  It's ridiculous you can make colony ships and warships but not simple transport ships.

Laegad #4 Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:59 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 177
  • Member since:
    06-05-2016

Thanks for your work, and yours mods !

 

After some time on an other game i launch Moo again...

I directly installed your mods (Tech tree + Balanced races),

I don't saw details of this mod yet, but i saw some points i asked for in past thread in this forum,

... this is enought for me to directly test this "new version" with these mods (for me it is a new version: My last Moo game was played on previous version).

 

So i will not post lot of messages about gameplay of the "new" official version...

 

For the "Race balance" i have some others ideas to change races... perhaps i will see how to mod this game (if i found the time, and the courage :D )

It seems not too difficult to mod this game... (i already made some mod for other games; age of wonder 3 some mounth ago...)

 


Edited by Laegad, 28 September 2016 - 08:03 PM.


jasonwclark #5 Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:29 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 119
  • Member since:
    09-11-2016
All these mods sound killer! I'd definitely download a bundled up package. As it stands I don't really trust myself to make a bunch of individual modifications without accidentally busting something, so I'd definitely hop in line to grab an ultimate mod sampler of some sort. Especially if it had a simple one click install/uninstaller or very explicite space-chimp style instructions for the clueless like me :)

Spud_Dastardly #6 Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:40 AM

    Rear Admiral

  • Players
  • 657
  • Member since:
    07-15-2016

View PostEmperorFredd, on 28 September 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

How about putting Civil Transport and Troop Transport into the first level techs that races begin with?  It's ridiculous you can make colony ships and warships but not simple transport ships.

 

Good idea.  I'll add that to the mod.  Check back here later.

 

View PostLaegad, on 28 September 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

Thanks for your work, and yours mods !

For the "Race balance" i have some others ideas to change races... perhaps i will see how to mod this game (if i found the time, and the courage :D )

It seems not too difficult to mod this game... (i already made some mod for other games; age of wonder 3 some mounth ago...)

 

 

You're welcome.  It is pretty easy to mod.  Get the yaml files here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/298050/discussions/0/371918937268262049/?ctp=3#c350542145697942835.  You can edit them in Notepad ++.

 

View Postjasonwclark, on 28 September 2016 - 11:29 PM, said:

All these mods sound killer! I'd definitely download a bundled up package. As it stands I don't really trust myself to make a bunch of individual modifications without accidentally busting something, so I'd definitely hop in line to grab an ultimate mod sampler of some sort. Especially if it had a simple one click install/uninstaller or very explicite space-chimp style instructions for the clueless like me :)

 

Once I have them all balanced and working properly, I'll be sure to bundle them together.  I don't really know how to create an installer, especially given that there are different versions of the game (Steam/GoG) and different operating systems to work with.  Hopefully when they officially release modding support, they'll make an easier way to apply them without having to dig around in the local game files.

 

 

By the way, ElPozoleOlmeca wants to know whether all of you would like a new subforum just for mods.  Respond to his poll here: http://forum.masteroforion.com/index.php?/topic/2053-poll-new-subsection/


Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

 


Sevyc #7 Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016

I haven't had time to look into this myself, but since you've been poking around in the tech tree stuff, I was wondering if you have an idea about something I've been wanting to do:

 

How tough would it be to add some tech research nodes at the end of the tree that continue the miniaturization of the ship systems, similar to what used to happen in Moo1 (and maybe moo2, I don't remember for sure)?  If I ever get some free time to take a crack at this, I would like to, but perhaps you have some time to look into it before that (or maybe you have already).

 

I like the work you've been doing on the other mods, keep it up!

 



Spud_Dastardly #8 Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Players
  • 657
  • Member since:
    07-15-2016

View PostSevyc, on 29 September 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

I haven't had time to look into this myself, but since you've been poking around in the tech tree stuff, I was wondering if you have an idea about something I've been wanting to do:

 

How tough would it be to add some tech research nodes at the end of the tree that continue the miniaturization of the ship systems, similar to what used to happen in Moo1 (and maybe moo2, I don't remember for sure)?  If I ever get some free time to take a crack at this, I would like to, but perhaps you have some time to look into it before that (or maybe you have already).

 

I like the work you've been doing on the other mods, keep it up!

 

 

I'll look into it.  I know I can add more nodes, but I'm not sure I can create more miniaturizations.  

Edit: Done!  I hope you're happy with the result.  Do let me know if the miniaturizations are working properly since I probably won't get a chance to test them.


Edited by Spud_Dastardly, 29 September 2016 - 01:59 PM.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

 


Sevyc #9 Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 29 September 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

 

I'll look into it.  I know I can add more nodes, but I'm not sure I can create more miniaturizations.  

Edit: Done!  I hope you're happy with the result.  Do let me know if the miniaturizations are working properly since I probably won't get a chance to test them.

 

Awesome, I'll try to grab it when I get to a location that isn't blocking dropbox :\.  Hopefully I will have some time to play this weekend, and I'll let you know what I find as far as how it works.

PLA_123 #10 Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:59 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Players
  • 51
  • Member since:
    09-08-2016

Going to try v1.2 tonight. Love the old Moo2 feeling with miniaturization upgrade at end of the Tech Tree.


 

Also, the must have Battlepods tech is now a definite for AI, so hopefully they will be able to design more powerful ships.



EmperorFredd #11 Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Players
  • 94
  • Member since:
    09-01-2016

Something else I would like to do with the tech tree is encourage big ships over frigate swarm.  One way would be to refocus the Space Academy.  Rather than reduce CP cost of little ships by 50%, reduce the CP cost of the big ships by 25-30%.  Besides, isn't that kind of what a "Space Academy" would be more geared toward?

 

Or, the basic one could be left alone and create an Advanced Space Academy upgrade that adds the above mod.



Spud_Dastardly #12 Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:48 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Players
  • 657
  • Member since:
    07-15-2016

View PostEmperorFredd, on 30 September 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

Something else I would like to do with the tech tree is encourage big ships over frigate swarm.  One way would be to refocus the Space Academy.  Rather than reduce CP cost of little ships by 50%, reduce the CP cost of the big ships by 25-30%.  Besides, isn't that kind of what a "Space Academy" would be more geared toward?

 

Or, the basic one could be left alone and create an Advanced Space Academy upgrade that adds the above mod.

 

Wow, I never realized space academy only affected frigates and destroyers.  I definitely want to change that.  I might be able to add a new tech, but I can't guarantee it will function properly.  I'll make a note of this for my next update.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

 


EmperorFredd #13 Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Players
  • 94
  • Member since:
    09-01-2016

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 30 September 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

 

Wow, I never realized space academy only affected frigates and destroyers.  I definitely want to change that.  I might be able to add a new tech, but I can't guarantee it will function properly.  I'll make a note of this for my next update.

 

It affects all the small ships, including colony ships, transports, etc, but the destroyer is the largest warship.

Sevyc #14 Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:59 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016

I tried to make a similar mod, because I just wanted the miniaturization parts (and I had a slightly different idea about how to make it that I wanted to try), but I keep getting errors parsing the yaml files.  I can't figure out what I've done wrong, but I'm a little bit frustrated.  Spud, if you have a little time to maybe look at what I did and share some insight, please let me know and maybe we can coordinate offline.

 

Thanks!

 



Spud_Dastardly #15 Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:03 AM

    Rear Admiral

  • Players
  • 657
  • Member since:
    07-15-2016

View PostSevyc, on 01 October 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

I tried to make a similar mod, because I just wanted the miniaturization parts (and I had a slightly different idea about how to make it that I wanted to try), but I keep getting errors parsing the yaml files.  I can't figure out what I've done wrong, but I'm a little bit frustrated.  Spud, if you have a little time to maybe look at what I did and share some insight, please let me know and maybe we can coordinate offline.

 

Thanks!

 

 

Sure, I can take a look.  You can either post a download link for the files here, or I can pm you my email.  To make the miniaturiazations, you need to edit Miniaturizations.yaml (defines the miniaturization), TechApps;yaml (defines the tech that unlocks the miniaturization), TechTree.yaml (defines where the tech is on the tree), Technology.csv (defines the name of the tech node), and Backend.csv (defines the name of the miniaturization).

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

 


Spud_Dastardly #16 Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Players
  • 657
  • Member since:
    07-15-2016
Version 2.0 is now available!  I have added new endgame techs as well as a much requested feature: the ability to terraform volcanic planets!  I hope you enjoy it.  Please let me know if any features are not working properly.  See the full patch notes and the download link in the updated original post.

Edited by Spud_Dastardly, 01 October 2016 - 05:46 PM.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

 


Summon3r #17 Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 211
  • Member since:
    06-26-2015

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 01 October 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Version 2.0 is now available!  I have added new endgame techs as well as a much requested feature: the ability to terraform volcanic planets!  I hope you enjoy it.  Please let me know if any features are not working properly.

 

your genius has yet to dissapoint!! now where can i download 2.0?

 

can we terraform toxic now to please? :D


Edited by Summon3r, 01 October 2016 - 05:04 PM.


Spud_Dastardly #18 Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:36 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Players
  • 657
  • Member since:
    07-15-2016

View PostSummon3r, on 01 October 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

 

your genius has yet to dissapoint!! now where can i download 2.0?

 

can we terraform toxic now to please? :D

I changed the download link in the original post to version 2.0.  

 

You were always able to terraform toxic planets, even in the original game.  You just have to build a Toxic Processor to convert it to a barren first.


Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

 


EmperorFredd #19 Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Players
  • 94
  • Member since:
    09-01-2016
Terraforming volcanic?  WOW!  Awesome, Spud!

Summon3r #20 Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:12 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 211
  • Member since:
    06-26-2015

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 01 October 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

I changed the download link in the original post to version 2.0.  

 

You were always able to terraform toxic planets, even in the original game.  You just have to build a Toxic Processor to convert it to a barren first.

 

hah no kidding eh?well dont i feel like a horses patoot





Also tagged with Mod, Technology

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users