Tech Tree Mod

Mod Technology

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Partythenwork #101 Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 23 November 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

I suppose I could add the Orion techs to the end game tech tree, but the thing is they're all inferior technologies by that point in the game, so what's the point?  On a related note, I'm thinking of making the Orion tech trade-able and spyable.  What do you think?

it could be an option to grab orion techs if you don't take out orion... if it is too far away to get there with enough force, orion disabled, or in multiplayer etc

Exoclyps #102 Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 23 November 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

I suppose I could add the Orion techs to the end game tech tree, but the thing is they're all inferior technologies by that point in the game, so what's the point?  On a related note, I'm thinking of making the Orion tech trade-able and spyable.  What do you think?

Not sure I'd want the Orion Tech in the tree to be honest, kind of takes away some of it's charm. I'm on the other hand all open for it to be tradeable and spyable. Heck, why isn't it already?

I think you'd have to keep an eye on the RP cost though, as that is related to how much it is valued in a trade.

Edited by Exoclyps, 25 November 2016 - 09:53 AM.

Spud_Dastardly #103 Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:18 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
I'm inclined to agree with Exoclyps on this one.  Part of the charm of the Orion techs is that they are uniquely reserved for when you take Orion.  Besides, only the Black Hole Generator would be of any use at that point in the game anyway.  I feel like making them tradeable and spyable is probably a good compromise so that you still have a chance of getting them even if you don't take Orion yourself.  Also that's a good call on checking the RP cost; I would have overlooked that.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Also tagged with Mod, Technology

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users