Galaxy Setup Mod

mod starting age

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Spud_Dastardly #1 Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:05 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

This mod is no longer actively supported and may not function on the latest version of the game.  It has been replaced with my new mega mod: 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod, which you can get here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797954504

http://www.nexusmods.com/masteroforionconquerthestars/mods/6/?

Original Post:

Spoiler

Edited by Spud_Dastardly, 12 November 2016 - 11:11 AM.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Summon3r #2 Posted 29 October 2016 - 03:30 PM

Commander

• Players

thx as usual SPud.

im impatiently awaiting the next patch in hopes it sparks my interest again!

jasonwclark #3 Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:57 PM

Commander

• Players

This sounds rad! Can't wait to check it out. Small galaxy with 8 haha! Genius

Thanks man, these look like a lot of fun!

Ps. Ok I have a clean install with the latest patch. All the mods are downloaded except the Strong Empire Defense mod. The link for that one in Dropbox seems broken at the moment.

I put all the modified files in the appropriate locations per your instructions. About to launch and see how they all work together!

My only suggestion at this point, from an ease of use standpoint, would be for someone to create a simple installer/Uninstaller so all the backups and files and folders can be handled with 1 click for each mod. Or revert to the vanilla game with 1 click. 

I get a little nervous with steam auto-updates. Until now I had been installing the individual mods to take a look, then deleting/reverting back to vanilla, just to make sure I was ready for the official patch when it came. But at this point I'm willing to Uninstall and reinstall the game after the next patch if that proves necessary, since I really want to check this stuff out all together.

Let me know if you get the strong empire defense back up, as I didn't grab a save of that one last time, and now Dropbox is giving me a 404 on that link.

jasonwclark #4 Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:13 PM

Commander

• Players

Pps. Alright, I already love this!!!

Just taking a crack at a Rush game, with a custom race, small galaxy, 7 opponents. It's beautiful.

This is the first time I've seen the Balanced Races, Diplomacy and Tech mod together at the same time (since before I was just looking at them in isolation). And with the new Galaxy set up mod too, it really does feel like I'm playing a nicely updated game right from the initial launch screens.

Thanks again dude!

Oh also, I was able to get the strong empire downloaded and installed. Problem was that the final term "(version" was included as part of the hyperlink. I deleted that and the download began as normal, so I think if you just edit that in the post, everyone should be able to get at it.

Summon3r #5 Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:32 AM

Commander

• Players
spud is your espionage mod part of one those above? far as im concerned it is a must.

Spud_Dastardly #6 Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:04 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View Postjasonwclark, on 30 October 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

My only suggestion at this point, from an ease of use standpoint, would be for someone to create a simple installer/Uninstaller so all the backups and files and folders can be handled with 1 click for each mod. Or revert to the vanilla game with 1 click. 

Pps. Alright, I already love this!!!

Just taking a crack at a Rush game, with a custom race, small galaxy, 7 opponents. It's beautiful.

This is the first time I've seen the Balanced Races, Diplomacy and Tech mod together at the same time (since before I was just looking at them in isolation). And with the new Galaxy set up mod too, it really does feel like I'm playing a nicely updated game right from the initial launch screens.

Thanks again dude!

Oh also, I was able to get the strong empire downloaded and installed. Problem was that the final term "(version" was included as part of the hyperlink. I deleted that and the download began as normal, so I think if you just edit that in the post, everyone should be able to get at it.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!  I fixed the link; thanks for pointing that out.  To be honest, I don't know how to create an installer file.  I'm hoping that when they give us modding tools in the next patch that they implement an easier way to install and uninstall mods.  Otherwise I'll have to learn to do it myself.

View PostSummon3r, on 30 October 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

spud is your espionage mod part of one those above? far as im concerned it is a must.

Yes, it's part of the diplomacy/spying mod.  He said diplomacy, so I assume he got that one.

Edited by Spud_Dastardly, 30 October 2016 - 03:19 AM.

jasonwclark #7 Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:24 AM

Commander

• Players

Yeah I grabbed all the stuff linked in your signature, plus the difficulty mod you posted in that AI thread. I actually think this Galaxy Set Up mod would be a natural place to include a custom difficulty setting. If its possible, it'd be nice to have a custom named difficulty setting, rather than overwriting the existing settings (very hard, extreme etc.) and then make this the core setting for modded play. That way we can use the custom setting for balancing, and also as a quick way to verify that the difficulty mod is working.

Ps. I've been enjoying the "very hard" setting that you modded +100 to everything but food. The AI definitely seems to crank out more ships than it did under the vanilla extreme setting. I haven't tried the modded extreme setting yet. I'm not sure what the sweet spot would be, but +100 percent feels pretty solid for a challenge.

jasonwclark #8 Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

Commander

• Players

"On post warp, you start with a civil transport in your fleet, and on advanced, you start with two civil transpots [sic].  The post warp change will only take effect if you have my tech tree mod installed."

Just a heads up Spud...

In my latest install with the mod bundle (using the older direct method) under v51.2, the civil transports aren't actually delivering any population when deployed. 

Also an edit there for the description.

Any thoughts on how to get the civil transports back up and working as intended? I liked the idea of jump starting the colonization process that way.

Edited by jasonwclark, 11 November 2016 - 09:40 AM.

Spud_Dastardly #9 Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Thanks Jason, I had noticed that as well and have already removed them from my latest build.  I don't think there's any way to get them working as intended unfortunately.  I had also intended to put civil transports in as anomaly rewards but ran into the same issue sadly.  

jasonwclark #10 Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:20 AM

Commander

• Players

Right on. It's too bad about the civil transport anomolies, cause that idea had some definite potential to mix it up with different races. I know the colony ship isn't race specific, so doesn't really work as an alternative. Maybe at some point they'll tweak it in a way we can use.

I'm definitely excited to check out all that new stuff mentioned in the tech thread. The next bundle sounds pretty killer, even without civil transports in the mix, there's a ton of other stuff to look forward to. Can't wait to see those new Races too. Guess that will be a fun time to revisit the race balance mod, when it finally gets implemented. Really hoping the surprise us with a leader system and some combat overhauls in the weeks to come.

4Xmas!

Spud_Dastardly #11 Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

The new mega mod is finally ready!  I call it 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod.  Get it here:

https://steamcommuni...s/?id=797954504

http://www.nexusmods...estars/mods/6/?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users