Having Problems with Getting Local Mods to work

mods

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Spud_Dastardly #21 Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:15 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
I have had a couple minor bugs with the new system after the hotfix, but all my stuff seems to be working for the most part.  

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Partythenwork #22 Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:56 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 12 November 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

I have had a couple minor bugs with the new system after the hotfix, but all my stuff seems to be working for the most part.  

i see that you have some total mods out there and so your techtree.yaml file must be working.  i'll have to download your mod from the nexus and see if i can figure out why my techtree file isn't working in the mod.  i keep making changes to it just to see if it works and nada.

trbeier #23 Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:09 AM

Captain

• Players
While the new version is not crashing the game anymore, my tech tree modifications are not working either.  My Jump Gate won't build, even though it is at the beginning of the tree.  So I am guessing that they are just not allowing us to override the TechTree and Racial?
“Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try.”
- Kutless

Spud_Dastardly #24 Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:02 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View Posttrbeier, on 13 November 2016 - 09:09 AM, said:

While the new version is not crashing the game anymore, my tech tree modifications are not working either.  My Jump Gate won't build, even though it is at the beginning of the tree.  So I am guessing that they are just not allowing us to override the TechTree and Racial?

My tech tree and racial stuff are working fine now.  Are you using the mods folder?  They disabled the GameplayData folder entirely.

Partythenwork #25 Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:47 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 13 November 2016 - 02:02 AM, said:

My tech tree and racial stuff are working fine now.  Are you using the mods folder?  They disabled the GameplayData folder entirely.

yes it is working now.  thanks.  i don't know why it was working... then stopped working and now it is working again.

Partythenwork #26 Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:16 AM

Commander

• Players

hey spud and others.  right now i am stuck on trying to modify the range of the weapons, and whenever i change the weaponRange attributes in the WeaponTypes.yaml files, it doesn't seem to reflect in game.

i am guessing that from the mouse over tooltips on the research tech tree.  so my first thing i just wanted to screw around with was increase the neutron blaster range from 50 to 150, just to test it out.  so far that's not working.

have you been able to modify the range for each weapon?

Exoclyps #27 Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

Captain

• Players

Figured I'll drop this here then!

I used to modify GravityTable.yaml to give change Medium Ultra Rich, Large Rich and Huge Abundant to Normal Gravity, but since the hotfix it stopped working :S

Spud_Dastardly #28 Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostPartythenwork, on 14 November 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

hey spud and others.  right now i am stuck on trying to modify the range of the weapons, and whenever i change the weaponRange attributes in the WeaponTypes.yaml files, it doesn't seem to reflect in game.

i am guessing that from the mouse over tooltips on the research tech tree.  so my first thing i just wanted to screw around with was increase the neutron blaster range from 50 to 150, just to test it out.  so far that's not working.

have you been able to modify the range for each weapon?

View PostExoclyps, on 14 November 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

Figured I'll drop this here then!

I used to modify GravityTable.yaml to give change Medium Ultra Rich, Large Rich and Huge Abundant to Normal Gravity, but since the hotfix it stopped working :S

Neither of these work for me either.  I'll let the devs know.

trbeier #29 Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:44 PM

Captain

• Players

So the GameplayData directory doesn't work anymore ?  I know that I had to disable uploading mods and empty the Mods directory .  So that doesn't work anymore ?  Well at least then I only have to have one version of the mods.  before I had the full yaml file version for the GameplayData directory , and the stripped down yaml version with only the changes for the Mods directory . 

“Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try.”
- Kutless

Nicoli_Remii #30 Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

Ensign

• Players

Somehow a mod called Local has been added to my game.  I can see it listed when I view my mods in the Game Menu.  It always comes up as active when I a saved game.  I can set it to deactivated but there is no unsubscribe button.  It does not do anything when loaded, but it won't allow others to join one of my games as no one else seems to have this mod.

I did not add this local mod.  I have downloaded several Steam mods and have been able to unsubscribe them with no problems.  I can not find a way to get rid of this mod and its annoying side effects.

I do not have a local directory for mod files.  

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?

Nicoli_Remii

Spud_Dastardly #31 Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:06 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Check if there are any mods in Documents\Master of Orion\Mods. If there are no mods there, it must be a bug, which you might be able to fix be reinstalling the game.

Also tagged with mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users