Master of Orion: Revenge of Antares DLC Announcement!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

MasterOfOrionConquerTheS #21 Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

Captain

• Players

I dunno maybe i'm overreacting on the Trilarians and can get used to them...

I do hate the elerian armor and it's collor pallete tough. 

Anguille_1 #22 Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:31 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostMasterOfOrionConquerTheS, on 20 November 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

I do like the Trilarian Advisor a lot. Can we make her the trilarian queen and put the current emperor on janitorial duty ? :D

I agree....i would be happy with her.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

Stelar_7 #23 Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

Captain

• Players
New toys good, new money spent better lead to multiplayer tactical.

Omega_Weapon #24 Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:46 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostStelar_7, on 22 November 2016 - 02:25 AM, said:

New toys good, new money spent better lead to multiplayer tactical.

​Yeah. I probably won't buy any DLC until they address the absence of multiplayer combat. Game not worth playing with friends if we can't fight each-other's ships.

jasonwclark #25 Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:35 PM

Commander

• Players

The main issue with the Elerian queen is that the helmet covers her hair and her ears, which was kind of their main thing. Some sort of telepathic diadem makes sense, if they didn't want to animate the hair, and I get the amazonian angle for armor. But it kind of looses that Vulcan or Elven-like charm without the ears.

Hopefully the advisor gets a nod to the more classic look.

I'm nitpicking though, I'm sure it's all already done at this point. I'm just happy to see them on the scene 4Xmas. 

The desire that players have for a "MOO look "that matches their individual taste, makes me hope for more Mod support, specifically with the art assets. Even if they weren't fully animated, it would be cool to import custom models for things like leaders, heroes, ships, etc. 

I hope the expansion includes more editors.

The challenge I see for expanded custom art assets is more in the animations. If some of the cut scenes could be cut via mod, and replaced with static models or 2 images, that would open  the game up for a heavier sort of aesthetic overhaul modifcation. The animations are more challenging because it's not like Skyrim with base models you can play around with. A leader editor would be cool. Even if it just used the existing animations and phenotypes, but allowed you to alter accessories or colors. But those all seem to be fully rendered. The ideal would be a bunch of stock models, animations and sounds. Taking the "Custom Race" feature the next level.

Spud_Dastardly #26 Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

I was browsing the explorminate MoO thread and saw some interesting stuff.  These are all from the same guy:

Block Quote

Hey Chris, can I tell them about what I'm seeing with the new content? 

I'm really excited about it and want to let these guys know ;) 

Wish the game shipped how it is now. Very few naysayers if it was the case.

Block Quote

It finally adds some strategic decisions. The minors are also redone well. 

Leaders should have been in the game to begin with, too.

Block Quote

I will say that the minors now offer unique bonuses to the race that befriends them and colonizes their systems. It makes for some unqiue strategic choices.

Block Quote

today's update has revamped the espionage and I LOVE IT. You manually choose when to train spies now and the mission process is much more streamlined. 

Goddamn, NGD Studios really listened here.

Block Quote

Funny thing is, I don't have access to the DLC content. This is all part of the free content patch, if I'm seeing this right.

I was very glad to read all of that!  Then I started to wonder, how does this guy know all this stuff?  He doesn't seem to be a developer...  Then I saw the admin post this:

Block Quote

We have an announcement going up with eXplorminate exclusive content. Please don't reveal what you/I have seen.

I'm just waiting on Chris to share with me that "content"

Wait, what?  These guys get exclusive content?  No fair!  Well, I guess I'm a member of the explorminate group now.  Maybe that's how Vahouth got that Antaran picture.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Ghostmanmu #27 Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:49 AM

Ensign

• Players

Has anyone read the announcement?   There is mention of a free dlc.  What is it? 

http://masteroforion...s/revveenngggee

"Additionally, as a response to the dedicated Master of Orion player community, a free expansion will also be offered to all players. This expansion deepens the gameplay by allowing them the ability to recruit new leaders to their side, battle the fourth new, non-playable race; the Antarans and interact with independent civilizations."

MasterOfOrionConquerTheS #28 Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:42 AM

Captain

• Players
I guess the antarans do look like humanized scorpions now while they just looked like Evil cthulu scorpions in Moo2  with 10 stinger tails. . At least ther are not like Moo3 which made them look like cute-scorpions.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users