Antaran attacks

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Helzbelz58 #21 Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

Ensign

• Players
Yea the Antaran attack is FUCKING BROKEN.  Either take it out or fix this shit.  I played a full game where the Antaran did nothing but attack me, they attacked NO ONE ELSE.  Yet I was about to win with 200K points ahead of the next person yet 1 attack with the antarans with 200+ ships wiped my entire fleet out without a single ship of theirs destroyed yet I was favorable to win.  Now I am going to fucking loose because the have attacked no one else and other players knew if they kept their scores low the Antaran would never fucking attack them.  Now one person will win not because they took any system or didnt fight anyone else no they win because the Anataran attacked me should have lost and won.  This is a SHITTY game design to use in a game where no one does anything and keeps themselves useless the entire game only to let the computer use a randomly generated attack with a randomly generated number make someone win.  

Helzbelz58 #22 Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

Ensign

• Players

View PostOrionSol, on 10 December 2016 - 11:56 PM, said:

If you win, they keep coming back to you until you lose.  

No they fucking dont.  I lost a few times and guess what they kept coming right back after me.  I had a fleet of over 100K Attack and Defense the next person had a fleet of 10K, I got my ass handed to me where I was favorable to win the game 20 turns from 500.  I LOST because the fucking Antaran not because of skill but because an enemy that I cannot kill that is randomly generated and you have 0 chance at ever beating because they continuously are stronger than you and you can never launch a full scale war on anyone because of random the antarans come at you.  They are strong enough to kill off your systems one at a time if you do not defend yourself and beat them from most of the time.  And no they NEVER went after someone else.  WE counted 24 times they attacked and 100% of the time they attacked me.  This is fucking stupid.

Exoclyps #23 Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

Captain

• Players

They are just too strong, yes. Hence why I modded my game to reduce their strength. They should really change how the Antarans work. Should be strength based of the top average military power. So say you had 100K and the 2nd had 10k. Currently they would also send 100k (sometimes more), but with a good formula it would be say 55k instead. This makes it possible to beat up the 2nd best and still have a fleet to defend with, as well as it forces you to build a fleet if you're the biggest to match the other races or the Antarans will wreck you.

But nah... the game gotta be simple.

JCPC17 #24 Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

Ensign

• Players
You guy need to reduce your fleets a lil bit as the antarans only go after the empire with the strongest fleet. I noticed that pattern in my games since i often play cluster galaxies so i can delay my encounter with other races. One day I decided to not rebuild my destroyed fleet since i'd secured all my custer's systems, and watched as the antarans went after the NPCs. In the late game i also stopped trying to make a stand since my fleets are often split in 2 and 3 seperate fleets, instead choseing to evacuate my warships and all the population i can before the antarans hit. And it works since i only lose SOME population and the space structures.

DrakosDJ #25 Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostHelzbelz58, on 16 January 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Yea the Antaran attack is FUCKING BROKEN.  Either take it out or fix this shit.  I played a full game where the Antaran did nothing but attack me, they attacked NO ONE ELSE.  Yet I was about to win with 200K points ahead of the next person yet 1 attack with the antarans with 200+ ships wiped my entire fleet out without a single ship of theirs destroyed yet I was favorable to win.  Now I am going to fucking loose because the have attacked no one else and other players knew if they kept their scores low the Antaran would never fucking attack them.  Now one person will win not because they took any system or didnt fight anyone else no they win because the Anataran attacked me should have lost and won.  This is a SHITTY game design to use in a game where no one does anything and keeps themselves useless the entire game only to let the computer use a randomly generated attack with a randomly generated number make someone win.  

You do know that you can turn them off right.  Just disable the Antarian Victory condition and they go away.

Personally, I get attacked often by the Antarians but they really aren't that hard to beat.

RobTheHood #26 Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

Ensign

• Players
They've only ever attacked me in all the games I have played.  I don't put them in the game anymore.  The last game I allowed them, I had lost two fleets to two different races so I only had two ships left while I can verify that two other races had at least 8 ships.  I was still the target and my home-world was bombed.

TrueAnothername #27 Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
Have Antarans changed since they where introduced to MoO4? They where interesting in MoO2 but at release here they where just plain annoying. Have they become "better" as in maybe a bit more random in fleet size and points of attack; more random gaps with bigger time to pass to next attacks?

Spud_Dastardly #28 Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:13 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
They haven't changed much. Everything you mentioned except point of attack is moddable though, and there are mods out there which change those things.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users