Extreme Races

Extreme Races

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

trbeier #1 Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:53 AM

Captain

• Players

I am writing a mod to make the game more interesting by making the races as extremely different as possible, but keeping balanced by being different.  I want to know what you think about each race.

1. What tech would that race have already?
  2. What would make that race more unique?
  3. What would make that race more deadly?
    Also:
  4. What about the race penalties and bonuses of -25%, 25% and 50%?  Are they too small, what would you like to see?
  5. How many points should the new penalties and bonuses be?
  6. What about Command Points, Assimilation power, Espionage & counter espionage, Trade Treaty & Trade Goods, Diplomacy = -0.6, 0.6?

All your thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks in advance!  :-)

“Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try.”
- Kutless

Exoclyps #2 Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:11 AM

Captain

• Players

Do you have a basic mod going? I'd first try a few games with just doubled numbers perhaps. The issue is that some things does not scale well. For example +production would not mean much due to pollution. Extra food would give insane pop-boost early but later give very little reward. Higher Science would give a great boost and be quite interesting though.

The problem comes then when you have races like the Silocoids that benefits more from static bonuses, what do you give them? One thing you could do is to make the difference in production between Ultra Poor and Ultra Rich planets bigger and thus that would make the Ultra Rich bonus worth more and you could give that to the Silocoids.

Fleets, +50, +150, +300. At what point do you always hit and increasing it further would be moot? Too much and you'd never ever need a computer, what would the side-effect be of that? Same with Beam Defense, too high and no matter the computer you just can't hit them. Would that be a fun addition where you have to get missiles to deal with them or boring hurdle that you have to  deal with?

trbeier #3 Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:14 AM

Captain

• Players

So, are you thinking -50%, 50% and 100% bonuses?

Yep, I can change the beam defense as well.

I'll have to look into the Silicoids growth, but that sound like a good idea.

You can try the Extreme Races mod, and let me know what you think and what needs to change.  I am still working on the DLC udate, but you can download it from Steam or go to http://tonybeier.com/moocts/mods/

- Kutless

Exoclyps #4 Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:39 AM

Captain

• Players

I'm personally not interested in playing with extreme races atm since I wanna make sure my races are balanced for my own mod-testing purposes, but figured I'd drop my feedback either way.

The -50, 50%, 100% I figured could be a decent starting point, keeping it at vanilla values would make no difference and going to far would throw the game off completely xD

talshi #5 Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Hello trbeier,

some ideas for the Darlok:

1. What tech would that race have already?
  2. What would make that race more unique? I think, the stealth element in this game is by far to weak for the Darlok. Maybe a cloaking device baseline for Darlok ships?
  3. What would make that race more deadly? More efficiency in spying :), more level for Darlok spys (7 instead of 5), a huge buff for darlok only in terms of colony missions. (some millitary missons would be great, but I have no clue if this is possible)
    Also:
  4. What about the race penalties and bonuses of -25%, 25% and 50%?  Are they too small, what would you like to see? penalties for assimilation (-25%), maybe some penalties for Command Points (-20%, but in this case, espionage need a really huge buff as I sad before)
  5. How many points should the new penalties and bonuses be?
  6. What about Command Points, Assimilation power, Espionage & counter espionage, Trade Treaty & Trade Goods, Diplomacy = -0.6, 0.6? Command Points (-0.6), Assimilation power (-0.6), Espionage & counter espionage (0.6) Trade Treaty & Trade Goods (-0.6), Diplomacy (0.6)

What about unique buildings? some commando spys/soldiers (trainable to level 7, should be expensive in the upkeep)?

trbeier #6 Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

Captain

• Players
That is the exact kind of thing I am trying to do with the Darloks.  However, the previous version of the game, none of my spy changes seem to have any effect.  I have to review the changes to this version and see if I can find the level settings, etc.  Thanks!  :-)
- Kutless

Also tagged with Extreme, Races

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users