Grouping Ships, Formations and Range working as intended?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MacsenLP #1 Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

First of all let me start off by saying the new patch and DLC are great in the fact that they add lots of really good new additions which make the game even more interesting.

However I'm really struggling with combat post patch even simple things like taking on a starbase.  The commands I make don't stick for grouping ships, formation or changing the range.  Its always been finicky but it was possible after issuing orders and selecting a target then repeating those steps after that it wouldn't change but now nothing seems to take it always returns to the default crappy settings.  Are ships not allowed to be grouped together in ways other than how they start the battle in?  I don't think the new combat roles feature is working either.

Anyone else struggling with combat in this regard or am I just missing something?

Other issues I've noticed:

Minors can't be invaded perhaps they're not supposed to be but it would be nice if you could.  There's also no way to know that currently unless you bring some transports along to find the deploy button grayed out.

One of the governors (possibly more) has a buyout reduction, it's bugged it actually makes it cost more not less.  e.g. 10% "bonus" 400 credit building is 440 not 360.

MacsenLP #2 Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
I've been playing around with this a bit more, got things to work orders to stick a bit.  It seems making orders before initially starting combat (unpausing) might cause issues with range/formation etc.  Also clicking on a target after issuing orders immediately without unpausing first also causes issues with orders not sticking.  I don't know if something was changed in the recent patch but it's ridiculously finicky and needs improvement imo but as I said previously imo its always been finicky.

There needs to be a better way to group ships holding shift works to a degree I don't know if there are hotkeys I'm unaware of couldn't see any in the options.  A better visualization of what ships are grouped together in some way would be nice also and clicking on a ship should select the group it's in.  Every patch tactical combat gets some nice changes it seems but it's still harder to control than it should be and not reliable enough imo.  I often get a graphical glitch on the range slider also.  A large fleet tutorial would be nice.

Tempted to make a video to better show the issues I've mentioned would be easier to explain and show, but yeah more work needed on this  imo.  

BmB23 #3 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

Ensign

• Players
It's completely daft that apparantly this was never fixed. Puts a real dampener on the enjoyment of the game. It's impossible to carry out my strategy if the units don't respond properly.

Spud_Dastardly #4 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:40 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
UCP mostly fixes it: https://www.nexusmod...hestars/mods/30

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users