MIRV Travelling Twice

Bug MIRV Missiles Known Issue

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Partythenwork #141 Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:21 AM

Commander

• Players
is there a way to contact the devs and have your patch as the official patch?  it would definitely simplify things.

WhatIsSol #142 Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

Commander

• Players

@Spud_Dastardly:  Cool - at some point that would be nice addition.

@Partythenwork:  No, they did not put my MIRV fix in before they stopped development - and I send them all the code and notes on it.  So not thinking they are going to release an update since they have stopped development.  At some points I will most likely write a simple batch installer  for the unofficial code patch.   But that will come later.

Striking this cause in light of the recent incoming patch this is obviously wrong.

Edited by WhatIsSol, 22 March 2017 - 09:03 PM.

WhatIsSol #143 Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

Commander

• Players

V4 Military Outpost:   http://www.orderofmi...taryOutpost.jpg

Relatively final, I'm a little limited on what I can without spending a ton of time on correcting SWF files.

Anyone know of a good tag for health or hp in the csv files cause I did not find one?  That last number is your health pool for the military outpost.

Partythenwork #144 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostWhatIsSol, on 14 March 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Relatively final, I'm a little limited on what I can without spending a ton of time on correcting SWF files.

Anyone know of a good tag for health or hp in the csv files cause I did not find one?  That last number is your health pool for the military outpost.

looks good, but to save space could you just remove the words 'rating'?  like i think it would fit better just with plain 'attack' and 'defense' instead of 'attack rating' and 'defense rating'

WhatIsSol #145 Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Commander

• Players
Right at the moment, I have only been using the games pre-translated keywords.  Which contains "Attack Rating" and "Defense Rating" but no or at least I did not locate just "Attack" and "Defense".   But, I do agree with you that it would look better.  And given that so far I have not found a good header for that second line, might be time the unofficial code patch gets its own localization file.

WhatIsSol #146 Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Commander

• Players

Small Update:

http://www.orderofmi...bitDefenses.jpg

Something that has annoyed me for awhile - I changed the starbase popup to showup if the planet has ANY orbital defenses.

Partythenwork #147 Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:26 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostWhatIsSol, on 14 March 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

Small Update:

http://www.orderofmi...bitDefenses.jpg

Something that has annoyed me for awhile - I changed the starbase popup to showup if the planet has ANY orbital defenses.

that looks great!  and it is indeed something that i wished was in the main game.

wait on your tooltip did you remove all of the other characteristics for the planet?   like size, biome, and special traits (artifacts,etc)?  because i do still like those

EDIT: nevermind i see what you are talking about... when you mouse over the starbase icon... okay ya what you are doing looks great and i think that should be added

Edited by Partythenwork, 14 March 2017 - 11:33 PM.

WhatIsSol #148 Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

Commander

• Players

Yep, hate when I send a force to a planet and it turns out is has a missile base.  Cause in the normal version - no way to tell.

Spud, did we ever decide on those bio keys (degrade/rating)?  I coded in the pollutionAbsorptionFactor set mine to (0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, and 1.5) just to see what would happen - it defaults to 1.0 so no change.   Looking pretty decent to me.

WhatIsSol #149 Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:38 AM

Commander

• Players

Drop Down placement feedback for Selectable Queue Building

http://www.orderofmi.../QueueBuild.png

Ignore the duplicate label please (the top one if the one I added).

Thinking either on top like that, next to it on the same line, or below your production queue boxes.

Any opinions?

WhatIsSol #150 Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:10 AM

Commander

• Players

Ok last post for a bit (time to go get some food) : 2 different ones with numbers

http://www.orderofmi...sesWNumbers.jpg

Thinking I'm going to go with the bottom one - make the Military Outpost match, just need to figure out the localization files stuff.

Exoclyps #151 Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:51 AM

Captain

• Players

As for biome stuffs.

If you're able to edit the "public function SetRatingByBiome(param1:String, param2:Boolean = false) : void" function in Planet.swf to look for classType keys instead of the biomes. Like instead of "biome_terran" it would look for "PLANET_BIOME_CLASS_B". Then changing the "key" to "classType" instead of the earlier discussed "baseKey" would make things a lot more simple. Also no need to add the part that looks if the key is present or not since "classType" is part of the base yaml.

That'd remove the need for baseKey altogheter. Also I think Spud mentioned something about "biomeDegrationOuter" and "biomeDegrationInner". As far as I know that is all atm.

Your site seems down atm, so will leave feedback on the other stuffs later.

WhatIsSol #152 Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

Commander

• Players

http://www.orderofmi...sesWNumbers.jpg

OK I think this is gonna be final for V4, I'm tired of messing around with tooltips.

Exoclyps #153 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

Captain

• Players

So now that the site is loading again.

I think that the "autobuild" shuld be below the "use autobuild" area. Preferably grayed out when not ticked.

Also is it possible to make "Show queue" ticked by default?

And tooltip for the defenses looks good.

Spud_Dastardly #154 Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostWhatIsSol, on 14 March 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

Frontend.csv has just about everything. Take your pick:

FE_HIT_POINTS_DOTS,,Hit Points:

FE_ARMOR_DOTS,,Armor:

FE_SHIELD_DOTS,,Shield:

FE_TOTAL_HULL_POINTS,,Total Hull Points

FE_TOTAL_SHIELD_POINTS,,Total Shield Points

FE_SHIP_HULL,,Hull

FE_HULL_POINTS,,Hull Points

FE_SHIELD_POINTS,,Shield Points

View PostWhatIsSol, on 15 March 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

Yep, hate when I send a force to a planet and it turns out is has a missile base.  Cause in the normal version - no way to tell.

Spud, did we ever decide on those bio keys (degrade/rating)?  I coded in the pollutionAbsorptionFactor set mine to (0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, and 1.5) just to see what would happen - it defaults to 1.0 so no change.   Looking pretty decent to me.

What Exoclyps said. Read the class type to set the class of the planet, and use innerBiomeDegrade and outerBiomeDegrade for biome degradation (the inner one is used if the planet index is less than half the number of planets per star (5 by default) and the outer one is used if the planet uindex is more than half. On exactly half it's a 50/50 chance, similar to how biome degrade is selected for Terrans.)

Edited by Spud_Dastardly, 15 March 2017 - 10:21 AM.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

WhatIsSol #155 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

Commander

• Players

Launch All Available Fighters

Current Fighter Tactics:  http://www.orderofmi.../FighterBad.m4v

V4 Fighter Tactics: http://www.orderofmi...FighterGood.m4v

When the ship blows up and they return - that is actually a coincidence - they just happen to have ran low on ammo at that point.

Edited by WhatIsSol, 15 March 2017 - 09:54 PM.

WhatIsSol #156 Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:10 PM

Commander

• Players

@Exoclyps: I definitely like the idea but that function is in at least a few SWF files:   UncolonizedPanets.SWF, Planets.SWF, and OverPlanetInfo.swf.    I need to check all of them to see if the would have an issue with that change.  But I will take a look cause not adding unneeded keys is a great idea.

Edited by WhatIsSol, 15 March 2017 - 11:10 PM.

WhatIsSol #157 Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

Commander

• Players

Here is another video I did, this time of bombers. You can note that the defender's PD weapons did fire against the attacking fighters. The fighters also attacked targets of opponunrity between them and the target.

Right now they do return after the primary target is destroyed. Could go daunghtless on them but that gives the player less control. Thinking i'm going to leave that the same way for now and see how what other opinions are on the new improved fighter AI.

http://www.orderofmi.../V4/Bombers.m4v

Spud_Dastardly #158 Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:16 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
My problem with no dauntless is there's been cases where the fighters were launched automatically, the target was destroyed shortly after they were launched, and the fighters flew across the map and back attacking nothing. At the very least, it would be nice if they automatically re-targeted when they have at least half their ammo left.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

WhatIsSol #159 Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:42 AM

Commander

• Players

@Spud - You are probably right, I'm just worried about making them too powerful.  With the change i made they are doing insane damage.   Only fighter buff I'm using is a small one that increases their speed.  My fighter only play through - just got done taking out the Guardian.  I'm open to change it - just wanted to give people like you a chance to play with it first.   In the beginning of my testing it seemed to be not needed, but now in later battles I'm rethinking that issue cause I'm seeing them fly out and come back again after killing a single target.   I did track down the location that re-targeting would be done, so i know the insert location which given this code base is most of the battle.

There is something whacked in the games calculations for determining attack strength of fighters, right now I injected a silly multiplication to make it come out to what I think it should be.  I don't like that solution but without it, the game thinks my carries are super weak when they are not.  I actually think this game does not calculate DPS correctly maybe for beam/cannon weapons but I'm not sure. 

I have also in V4 made an adjustment to attacker strength against a colony for invasion.  The attacker size will now be constrained to 2x defender OR size of 1 drop ship whichever is greater.  I was fighting a planet with a single tank and only being able to attack with 2 infantry it killed like 22 of my guys in a row.  The planet did have like a +50 strength over me but I thought that was silly.

WhatIsSol #160 Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Commander

• Players

Sounds like we have an official Patch incoming so I'm stopping development of this for a bit

For anyone that wants it I did release V4 with the improved fighter tactics.   Not final but much better than what the base game had.

Edited by WhatIsSol, 17 March 2017 - 06:06 PM.

Also tagged with Bug, MIRV, Missiles, Known Issue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users