Is there any chance a scout can retreat?

Scout Retreat

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

trbeier #1 Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

Captain

• Players
I put shields on my scouts via my mod, and no matter what I do, the scout still does not have the chance to retreat!  Why does the original upgrade the armor if there is still no chance to retreat?  Why bother with the expense?  Will this be fixed in upcoming releases?
“Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try.”
- Kutless

Doctor_Psilon #2 Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
I definitely agree that the scout should have a chance to retreat.

diehardtwinsfan #3 Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
any ship should have that chance... with fast enough engines, they can stay away long enough to warp out.  Worst is that I've built sole purposed bombers loaded to the core with shields and defensive tech and they get caught with the same bug.

Alain_Vollant #4 Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

My only complain about MOOCTS, scout are great early unit (fast, cheap and easy to build), perfect for exploring... but are pretty much useless in mid or late games... My suggestion, remove the from the game and replace them with explorer ships. a frigate size ship that could be armed and modify as the tech improve. In MOO (the original game) there was a laboratory that could be added to a ship... making a ship generate research point. This could be done in this version of the game. In fact, with a little tweak, explorer ship could do recon (as of now) but also do exploratory missions if artifacts or special resources are present in the system. This could also lead to a 5 or 6 X experience: By exploring the galaxy and investing in exploratory missions, we could uncover the History of Orion.

with a new ship class, we could open a new way of playing the game :)

Alain_Vollant #5 Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Just thought of something... Scouts could still have a use in the mid or late game if they came with some special abilities such as bypassing a blocking fleet or a advanced post. also, if they could be equiped with a battle pod, cloaking device, ecm or the like... they could be worth the investment.

But I still think we should have exploration ships :)

trbeier #6 Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

Captain

• Players
My new T-Best Uber Unbalanced Mega Mod has a Corvette ship, which is between a scout and a frigate size.  I tried it for scouting, but with even just 1 attack point, it survived pirates, but the other races see them as a threat and shoot them down immediately.
“Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try.”
- Kutless

Shooter_Macgavin #7 Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
Scouts aren't as useful late-game, true. I like to build troop transports instead. For a few extra hammers and the same command point cost you can have a scout that can also invade planets when the time comes. As they have no weapons AIs that you are not at war with tend to ignore them like scouts... which seems weird as they are definitely a possible threat.

Edited by Shooter_Macgavin, 28 January 2017 - 01:29 AM.

Shooter_Macgavin #8 Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

How do I quote people? And how do I deleted my own posts when I make mistakes? I know I can edit but I cannot seem to remove my own post completely.

Edited by Shooter_Macgavin, 28 January 2017 - 01:31 AM.

Also tagged with Scout, Retreat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users