how is this game?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TheBishop #1 Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

still have MoO2 on my pc.  matter of fact, just finished a game.  i have been considering buying this game......BUT!!!!......i really love MoO1/2, HATED 3.  i literally threw the disk away!!!  MoO3 was such a hodge-podge and muddled up, that it made no sense whatsoever.  i gave it a chance, tried playing several times, but the user interface was atrocious, combat was horrible, and the planetary AI was useless.

is this game reminiscent of MoO2 or is going the way of #3?

Troile00 #2 Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

Ensign

• Players

Well, I felt the same way about MoO3, but loved 1 and 2.  I feel like this game has potential, but there is quite a bit that needs to be worked on. For example, I recall playing MoO2 for hours not realizing the time was flying by. Currently this game becomes unplayable for me at around turn 150 due to the length of time it takes for each turn to process. I don't know if this is a problem for many people, but I've seen a few people complain about it. 

I suspect that If I didn't have this issue I could play this game for hours since It does remind me of MoO2, and before the turns get bogged down I do enjoy playing it. 

P.S. I'm playing the game using an awesome MOD, not the vanilla game. I cannot really recommend a game that i'm not able to enjoy due to the above issue knowing that whoever I recommend it to could also experience that issue, but I wouldn't discount the game entirely. I say keep an eye on it.

Omega_Weapon #3 Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
I too loved MOO 2 and hated the abomination that was MOO 3. This new MOO game is not a complete failure like MOO 3, but it is kind of mediocre. Its like a graphically updated MOO 2, but then dumbed down and simplified so people don't need to think too hard to figure it out. I bought the game as soon as it was available for Early Access and played half a dozen games. Haven't bothered to play in several months though because it just lacks the depth MOO 2 had and so the replay value isn't there. I think it has potential but so far the developers refuse to budge from their vision of simplified MOO for dummies.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, 22 December 2016 - 10:38 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users