been a while did they release a new patch?

mods patch dev

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Partythenwork #1 Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

Commander

• Players

so it has been a week or so and no don't see an official patch yet.

will the work on the unofficial patch continue?

WhatIsSol #2 Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:54 AM

Commander

• Players

The unofficial code patch is on hold, I do not plan on doing anymore development until the official patch comes out.   Personally, I'm extremely excited about the official patch and I would please ask for patience on it.

Partythenwork #3 Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:08 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostWhatIsSol, on 25 March 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

The unofficial code patch is on hold, I do not plan on doing anymore development until the official patch comes out.   Personally, I'm extremely excited about the official patch and I would please ask for patience on it.

did they list what was going to get patched?

Spud_Dastardly #4 Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Give the official patch some time. They're trying to fix as many bugs as they can before they release it.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

drewklar #5 Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 25 March 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Give the official patch some time. They're trying to fix as many bugs as they can before they release it.

On the Steam forums the moderator ELPOZOLEOLMECAwrote they were working on a "stability patch", and gave no other details.   Did the moderator come back and explicitly say they were also going to provide bug fixes?  I did not see any formal evidence that was stated.

Spud_Dastardly #6 Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View Postdrewklar, on 27 March 2017 - 04:53 AM, said:

On the Steam forums the moderator ELPOZOLEOLMECAwrote they were working on a "stability patch", and gave no other details.   Did the moderator come back and explicitly say they were also going to provide bug fixes?  I did not see any formal evidence that was stated.

One of the devs told me that directly. I can't share more details though.

drewklar #7 Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:31 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 27 March 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

One of the devs told me that directly. I can't share more details though.

These developers are some of the weirdest I've ever encountered, regarding their development and community practices.

Anguille_1 #8 Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 25 March 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

This sounds great. I think that this is the most important.

Stability patch didn't sound that deep.

Still enjoying the game.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

TrueAnothername #9 Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Here would be a confirmation too that they are working on a stability patch from 2 3 weeks ago: https://www.gog.com/...al_update/page1

... is there a global definition of "near future" or is that just another version of Soon™? ;)

Spud_Dastardly #10 Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:35 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Just "soon" I guess. I was hoping they would release it last week, but oh well.

WhatIsSol #11 Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

Commander

• Players
I did decide to post UFC 4.2 on nexus - it is a minor update.  Just adds another tooltip to the Fleet Combat screen allowing you to see the ships blueprints in case you just want to auto-resolve or playing multiplayer.

Partythenwork #12 Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:33 AM

Commander

• Players

is it possible to have a fix type of star that a race spawns in?  i created a mod with a nebula class star system, but i don't want races to ever spawn there.  what's the fix on that?

i know it is possible to set a homeworldbiome type, but is it possible to set a homeworld star type?

Edited by Partythenwork, 11 April 2017 - 05:40 AM.

Laegad #13 Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Commander

• Players

I'm afraid that this patch will not change the game a lot,

I'm afraid that lot of points that should be fixed will be not.

Well... wait & see...

FlyinAlex #14 Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

Ensign

• Players
Would be great to hear an update from the devs. I am planning to start a new game but would love to do it post patch if one is imminent.... Or have they given up on this update?

Spud_Dastardly #15 Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:30 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
They posted patch notes on Friday on one of their Facebook pages. They also uploaded a patch but then rolled it back shortly after. My guess is they planned to release it but something went wrong. I'm hoping they'll get it out this week.

TrueAnothername #16 Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 16 April 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

They posted patch notes on Friday on one of their Facebook pages. They also uploaded a patch but then rolled it back shortly after. My guess is they planned to release it but something went wrong. I'm hoping they'll get it out this week.

If thats the one to expect its... nice fixes but a little bit underwhelming considering the time frame. But thats just me: https://www.facebook...87298341281852/

Block Quote

Master of Orion – Patch Notes v55.1

Today we released an update that addresses certain issues present in the last build. Read on for the full list of changes:
  • Fix for Gnolam Doomstar design attempting to use the “Heavy Mount Modifier” for missiles. It has been modified to use “Heavily Armored Missiles” instead
  • Fix for AI making lopsided trades in order to get trade treaties from the player
  • Fix for Leader bonus not being added to defender’s armor value
  • Fix for incorrect population growth ratio
  • Fix for the inability to abort combat under certain circumstances
  • Fix for defender armor using the wrong constant
  • Fix for Leader bonus not being calculated correctly for the attacker
  • Fix for fighters consuming ammo too quickly and returning for resupply too often
  • Fix for attacking race's trait (beam defense was being added to the defender’s beam defense)
  • Fix for Leader bonus being calculated incorrectly
  • Fix for static defenses not healing
  • Fix for Leaders’ total cost re-displaying fleet upkeep costs
  • Fix for Leaders’ ships ground combat bonuses not having any effect
  • Fix for missing "ship repair" Leader bonus
  • Fix for missing "spy experience" Leader bonus
  • Fix for several malfunctioning achievements
Enjoy the upgrades and Conquer the Stars!

Edited by TrueAnothername, 17 April 2017 - 02:50 PM.

Spud_Dastardly #17 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

Those patch notes are incomplete. I worked with the devs a bit on the new patch, and I know for a fact that this list omits some of the most important fixes. I'm not allowed to share any details, but I'm pleased with the amount of work they got done, and I don't understand why they would post an incomplete list. I just wish they would release the patch already. I wonder why it's been delayed...

Anguille_1 #18 Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 17 April 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Those patch notes are incomplete. I worked with the devs a bit on the new patch, and I know for a fact that this list omits some of the most important fixes. I'm not allowed to share any details, but I'm pleased with the amount of work they got done, and I don't understand why they would post an incomplete list. I just wish they would release the patch already. I wonder why it's been delayed...

Yes...its really strange. It seems there was a misunderstanding between the Facebook team and the others. I also find it strange that there hasn't been any comments be the team since then.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

TrueAnothername #19 Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Well... my gog patcher just gave me the update to 55.1 2.1.40241 option, but the galaxy patch notes where not much bigger.

edit: This according to launcher notes:

Patch 55.1.2.1.40421 (25 April 2017)

• Greetings Explorers,

• Today we released an update that addresses certain issues present in the last build. Read on for the full list of changes:

• Fix for Gnolam doomstar design attempting to use the “Heavy Mount Modifier” for missiles. It has been modified to use “Heavily Armored Missiles” instead
  • Fix for AI making lopsided trades in order to get trade treaties from the player
  • Fix for Leader bonus not being added to defender’s armor value
  • Fix for incorrect population growth ratio
  • Fix for the inability to abort combat under certain circumstances
  • Fix for defender armor using the wrong constant
  • Fix for Leader bonus not being calculated correctly for the attacker
  • Fix for fighters consuming ammo too quickly and returning for resupply too often
  • Fix for attacking race's trait (beam defense was being added to the defender’s beam defense)
  • Fix for Leader bonus being calculated incorrectly
  • Fix for static defenses not healing
  • Fix for Leaders’ total cost re-displaying fleet upkeep costs
  • Fix for Leaders’ ships ground combat bonuses not having any effect
  • Fix for missing "ship repair" Leader bonus
  • Fix for missing "spy experience" Leader bonus
  • Fix for several malfunctioning achievements

• Enjoy the upgrades and Conquer the Stars!

Does not look like it added more. Maybe in the future.

Edited by TrueAnothername, 25 April 2017 - 06:40 PM.

Spud_Dastardly #20 Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players

The posted patch notes are incomplete. See this thread: https://steamcommuni...61868335794488/

Here's some additional changes they didn't mention (copied from my Steam post): 

Turn processing times have been vastly reduced
Personally I have seen late game times go down from 1 minute before the patch to about 5 seconds after. 

But also all of the bugs in my bug fix mod and most of the bugs fixed in WhatIsSols unofficial patch have been fixed plus more. The ones I can recall off the top of my head are:

• The notorious MIRV bug where they were immune to PD and the warheads would spawn at the original ship instead of where the original missile disappeared.
  • Fixed the fact that the AI would never use leaders.
  • Made the AI be more careful when fighting monsters so they don't throw their fleets away over and over.
  • Fixed revolt lasting forever instead of 20 turns
  • Fixed leader buyout cost increasing cost instead of decreasing
  • Fixed Gnolam leader Arne providing a colony research bonus instead of an empire one (he is a ship leader).
  • Fixed Antarans sometimes spawning in the middle of the galaxy
  • Made traders and fantastic traders mutually exclusive so the traits don't conflict.
  • Made shapeshifters and telepathic mutually exclusive so the assimilation traits don't conflict (otherwise they cancel out).
  • Fixed Stealth Suit increasing missions risk instead of decreasing
  • Fixed radiated, toxic, and volcanic biomes having low enough pollution tolerance for you to be able to build up pollution and degrade the biome (the biome wouldn't actually degrade; the pollution just reset to 0). Set tolerance to 500.
  • Fixed dronespergroup in fighter bay tooltip on weapon screen.
  • Removed continuous modifier from laser cannon because laser cannon has 0 armor penetration. Now it's not wasted on AI designs.
  • Fix for Firing Race's Racial Trait - Beam Defense was being added to the defenders beam defense
Some new modding features were added as well:
  • Fixed changes to WeaponTypes.yaml not showing up in game
  • New galaxy ages and planetary density settings can be ordered using a parameter in those yamls
  • Biomes resulting from terraforming and pollution degradation can be modded in PlanetBiomeTypes.yaml
  • Fixed incorrect defense min globals in AntaranSettings.yaml

Oh and this one requires explaining from the patch notes: "Fix for incorrect population growth ratio." You see, in order to grow population, you need to reach a certain amount of surplus food. The forumla used to subtract bonuses, so if you needed 100 food originally, 25% growth would mean you only need 75 food, and 90% growth means you only need 10 food. If you do the math, that means that 90% growth actually gives you 1000% as much population. The formula has been changed, so now +25% growth means you need 100/1.25 = 80 food, and + 90% growth means 100/1.90=52.6 food. This means that 90% growth means 90% more population instead of 1000%. It was a huge problem before the patch.

Also tagged with mods, patch, dev

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users