been a while did they release a new patch?

mods patch dev

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

TrueAnothername #21 Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 25 April 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

The posted patch notes are incomplete. See this thread: https://steamcommuni...61868335794488/

Here's some additional changes they didn't mention (copied from my Steam post): 

Turn processing times have been vastly reduced
Personally I have seen late game times go down from 1 minute before the patch to about 5 seconds after. 

But also all of the bugs in my bug fix mod and most of the bugs fixed in WhatIsSols unofficial patch have been fixed plus more. The ones I can recall off the top of my head are:

• The notorious MIRV bug where they were immune to PD and the warheads would spawn at the original ship instead of where the original missile disappeared.
  • Fixed the fact that the AI would never use leaders.
  • Made the AI be more careful when fighting monsters so they don't throw their fleets away over and over.
  • Fixed revolt lasting forever instead of 20 turns
  • Fixed leader buyout cost increasing cost instead of decreasing
  • Fixed Gnolam leader Arne providing a colony research bonus instead of an empire one (he is a ship leader).
  • Fixed Antarans sometimes spawning in the middle of the galaxy
  • Made traders and fantastic traders mutually exclusive so the traits don't conflict.
  • Made shapeshifters and telepathic mutually exclusive so the assimilation traits don't conflict (otherwise they cancel out).
  • Fixed Stealth Suit increasing missions risk instead of decreasing
  • Fixed radiated, toxic, and volcanic biomes having low enough pollution tolerance for you to be able to build up pollution and degrade the biome (the biome wouldn't actually degrade; the pollution just reset to 0). Set tolerance to 500.
  • Fixed dronespergroup in fighter bay tooltip on weapon screen.
  • Removed continuous modifier from laser cannon because laser cannon has 0 armor penetration. Now it's not wasted on AI designs.
  • Fix for Firing Race's Racial Trait - Beam Defense was being added to the defenders beam defense
Some new modding features were added as well:
  • Fixed changes to WeaponTypes.yaml not showing up in game
  • New galaxy ages and planetary density settings can be ordered using a parameter in those yamls
  • Biomes resulting from terraforming and pollution degradation can be modded in PlanetBiomeTypes.yaml
  • Fixed incorrect defense min globals in AntaranSettings.yaml

Oh and this one requires explaining from the patch notes: "Fix for incorrect population growth ratio." You see, in order to grow population, you need to reach a certain amount of surplus food. The forumla used to subtract bonuses, so if you needed 100 food originally, 25% growth would mean you only need 75 food, and 90% growth means you only need 10 food. If you do the math, that means that 90% growth actually gives you 1000% as much population. The formula has been changed, so now +25% growth means you need 100/1.25 = 80 food, and + 90% growth means 100/1.90=52.6 food. This means that 90% growth means 90% more population instead of 1000%. It was a huge problem before the patch.

Awesome, thanks :)

totensburntcorpse #22 Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:42 AM

Ensign

• Players
creative under custom races is broken now

Huckleberry_Caine #23 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:16 AM

Ensign

• Players

View Posttotensburntcorpse, on 27 April 2017 - 02:42 AM, said:

creative under custom races is broken now

It's not just creative that's broken.  Lithovore custom races are out there starving.  Silicoids played as normal don't need food, but if lithovore is chosen as a custom option it doesn't work.  I believe the same thing is true of a lot of the custom race choices.  Personally, I think it's everything on the right side list of the custom choices, but I haven't experimented with all of the choices yet.  This seems to have happened last weekend.  I wish someone would let us know what's going on.  I purchased my copy through GoG, and I've synced my copy through the GoG galaxy interface, which didn't help.  In short, this really sucks.

Spud_Dastardly #24 Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostHuckleberry_Caine, on 30 April 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

It's not just creative that's broken.  Lithovore custom races are out there starving.  Silicoids played as normal don't need food, but if lithovore is chosen as a custom option it doesn't work.  I believe the same thing is true of a lot of the custom race choices.  Personally, I think it's everything on the right side list of the custom choices, but I haven't experimented with all of the choices yet.  This seems to have happened last weekend.  I wish someone would let us know what's going on.  I purchased my copy through GoG, and I've synced my copy through the GoG galaxy interface, which didn't help.  In short, this really sucks.

Custom race traits that have subtraits are broken, including lithovore, creative, telepathic, omniscient, uber biomes, etc. The devs will be releasing a hotfix soon to fix it, most likely early this coming week. The hotfix was going to be released last week, but they delayed it so they could fix more issues such as tactical battles sometimes freezing.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

TrueAnothername #25 Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostHuckleberry_Caine, on 30 April 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

Turn off auto-patching (click the round gog com logo in the upper left corner, click "settings" -> "features" and remove the mark from Auto-update games) then rollback to the previous version till the fix is out (click game -> choose "More" in the game card -> "Settings" (right below "Overview" ) . It would really suck if you where on the steam version which AFAIK does not allow both. ;)

Edited by TrueAnothername, 30 April 2017 - 07:27 AM.

Spud_Dastardly #26 Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
The steam version does have an option to roll back to v54.11. 

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Anguille_1 #27 Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

Captain

• Players
You can also roll back on GOG (to any version). Should be under more, manage installation. I did it once as i wanted to finish a campaign (i think it was when they released the dlc).

Edited by Anguille_1, 01 May 2017 - 08:09 AM.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

TrueAnothername #28 Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Dumb question. Is that the newest version of MoO; that is: Including the fixes for the previous patch that broke the custom races?

I actually screencapped the corner with the version number; but for some odd reason tiny pic deleted it immediately and why the f can this forum not link to links from picture uploads that suck less like postimg.org ? *sigh*

Imagine a nice screenshot telling the following:

55.1.1 2.1.41258W64G (28/04/2017 12:18)

T_Knightcrawler #29 Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:20 PM

Ensign

• Players

Good to see they reduced turn processing time. I dunno how anyone could claim late-game turns only took 1 minute to process. My computer is pretty great, and it took about 10 minutes per turn eventually. Very annoying. If the turns can process in under 1 minute, that's great; if it's just 50% faster, that's okay I guess. Next time I play a game will be more fun.

They should have allowed heavy mount point defense weapons, though, since late-game missiles can't be shot down by PD. At least, it seemed that way to me on my previous playthroughs.

Edited by T_Knightcrawler, 26 June 2017 - 10:21 PM.

Also tagged with mods, patch, dev

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users