orbit with 2 planets?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Partythenwork #1 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:12 AM

Commander

• Players

in the startypes.yaml file, you have something like this next to all of the stars:

orbits:
                - orbit: 1
                  planetChance: 20
                  asteroidFieldChance: 0
                  gasGiantChance: 0
                  multipleObjectChance: 0
                - orbit: 2
                  planetChance: 35
                - orbit: 3
                  planetChance: 45
                - orbit: 4
                  planetChance: 65
                  asteroidFieldChance: 20
                  gasGiantChance: 15
                - orbit: 5
                  planetChance: 65
                  asteroidFieldChance: 15
                  gasGiantChance: 20

if you change the multipleObjectChance: 0 to something other than 0 will you get 2 planetary objects or something else?

Spud_Dastardly #2 Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
You can get multiple objects in the orbit. The maximum number of objects per orbit is defined in Globals.yaml. It's a bit unstable and will leader to galaxy generation failures if you put in too many objects. In the latest version of 5X I allow up to 2 objects in orbits 4 and 5, and the multiple object chances for orbits 4 and 5 are 5% and 10% respectively. If you want to consistently get more planets in the system, it's better to use breckwilhite's technique that he used in his 6 planets mod, which adds additional orbits.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Partythenwork #3 Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 28 March 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

You can get multiple objects in the orbit. The maximum number of objects per orbit is defined in Globals.yaml. It's a bit unstable and will leader to galaxy generation failures if you put in too many objects. In the latest version of 5X I allow up to 2 objects in orbits 4 and 5, and the multiple object chances for orbits 4 and 5 are 5% and 10% respectively. If you want to consistently get more planets in the system, it's better to use breckwilhite's technique that he used in his 6 planets mod, which adds additional orbits.

is it possible to generate an asteroid field with a planet in the same orbit.  i messed around with the feature and often got 2 asteroid fields in the same orbit; however, many times i had galaxy generation failures

Spud_Dastardly #4 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
I've never seen it spawn an asteroid field and a planet in the same.

Soylent_Greene #5 Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
So does the multiple objects in orbit path have anything to do with a planet having multiple moons?

Spud_Dastardly #6 Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
No. Moon orbits are separate. I haven't looked into what makes multiple moons appear. I have tried to get more than 2 moons to show up, but the galaxy won't generate.

Gzkejyhkhn #7 Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

Ensign

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 28 March 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

What was his technique? Or hi, I'm fairly new to the game, and I've been trying to do stuff with &Backend.Galaxy.StarType, but so far a tremendously vast majority of my experiments have failed. Usually with something like this:

Spoiler

That is, the galaxy generates, but when you start the game you get a blank galactic background with no stars etc.

Spud_Dastardly #8 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostGzkejyhkhn, on 22 December 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

What was his technique? Or hi, I'm fairly new to the game, and I've been trying to do stuff with &Backend.Galaxy.StarType, but so far a tremendously vast majority of my experiments have failed. 

Sadly, Breckwilhite has removed his mod from the Steam workshop. I have a copy of it though, so I'll paste some of the code here for you to work off of:

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users