5 X MOD can't research

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jevokan #1 Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

So I had a game going where I turned the 5x mod on halfway through.  Everything was fine until I started being limited in my research options.  I thought maybe I had to fill out that section of the tech tree evenly and I could continue.  

I thought it was something to do with the mod by design.  However I've completed all that right up to where Nanotech starts.  I had nanotech researched before I turned the mod on.  However I can't go further than that column.  It says I've run out of research options.  Is this due to adding the mod in halfway through?  Any solutions or do I need to start a new game if I use the 5x mod?

Spud_Dastardly #2 Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:38 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
5X is supposed to be used from the beginning of the game and shouldn't be turned on halfway through. It extensively modifies the tech tree, so this kind of thing you described can happen if you turn it on mid game. You can rewind your game to before you turned the mod on, but otherwise you'll need to start a new game if you want to use the mod.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Jevokan #3 Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Ok thanks for letting me know.  I will try a fresh new game. 

Jevokan #4 Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Is your Mod compatible with other mods like UFC for example?  I had that installed before I installed your mod.  I don't think they conflicted but I thought I'd ask you.  Are the fixes in the UFC also in your mod or is ok to run both?  What do you recommend?  

I haven't even started the game yet but I"m already liking all the changes you did to the races.  Really well done.  Thank you for this mod.

Edited by Jevokan, 06 April 2017 - 09:00 AM.

Spud_Dastardly #5 Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
UFC is compatible with the mod. The UFC changes aren't included in 5X because UFC is a code patch, not a traditional mod. It's okay to run both and in general I recommend doing so since WhatIsSol has put some really good features into that unofficial patch. However, there is an official patch coming out very soon, so if you start a new game with UFC now, it may no longer work once the new patch comes out. You might want to wait until the next patch before you start a new game. It should be out any day now.

Jevokan #6 Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Ok great thank you I will use both.

I have another question.  I was reading your patch notes but I didn't notice much about AI changes.  Have you implemented AI changes in your Mod to make them more aggressive?  I'd like them to initiate more invasions on me if they should and are stronger.  In my last game where I started off without any mods I was never invaded on Hard difficulty.

So my question is have you tweaked the AI and if not can I add a Mod like Total Rebalance over at Nexus Mods to compensate without overwriting key changes you made?  If you have made changes and this Total Re-balance is unnecessary I will just use your mod instead of both.

Edited by Jevokan, 06 April 2017 - 11:50 PM.

Spud_Dastardly #7 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:20 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Yes I've tweaked the AI. I've tried to make the as aggressive as possible, but it's hard to get them to actually invade you since keeping them satisfied with diplomacy is so easy. I've adjusted their personality settings to be more aggressive, improved their ship blueprint designs, and made it a bit harder to get good diplomacy with them (but not to the point where they're unreasonable diplomatically). I've got more tweaks for them coming in the next version of the mod as well. 

Jevokan #8 Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Awesome sounds great.  Can't wait to try it with a new game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users