I last played several months ago. There have been a lot of changes for the better between then and now and I am impressed. However, the list below is what I've come across so far in 3 full games in the past week.
1) Pirates shouldn't impale themselves on targets where there is no chance of destroying something. They should be able to judge how a combat might go just like a human player can.
2) On designing a new ship, it should start completely devoid of equipment and/or there should be a button to "clear all" equipment.
3) If I transfer a fleet leader from one ship to another in the same fleet that isn't moving, it shouldn't take 4 turns.
4) A.I. Races should actively try and save enough to make a trade treaty if they are on good terms with another empire.
5) At the start of the game the "show queue" option should default to on. In fact, I don't know why anyone would NOT want to see/use the queue.
6) Explosions in combat should be more extravagant. (i.e. better sound, better visual, chance for a critical explosion with a damaging shockwave).
7) Allow special characters and spaces in ship class names.
8) Allow 5 or so more bytes worth of characters in ship class names.
9) There should be experience levels for ship crews. I.E. "green", "standard", "veteran", "elite". Pick appropriate penalties/bonuses for each level. If this is already in the game it is not evident to the user.
10) Where is boarding combat and ship capturing?
11) I should be able to exit out of a colony screen with empty production. If I do so, the production should default to Trade Goods.
12) What happened to government types (i.e. diplomacy, feudal, dictatorship, unification) ? This was a good system. Why not mirror it?
13) There should be more hull designs per ship class… I believe moo2 had 10-12 for each except DS’s. I know this is just fluff... but how ships look is important!
14) Where are "Natives"?
15) Where are "Splinter Colonies"?
16) It would be interesting if each race had a special building unique to themselves... it would be in the form of a slightly enhanced version of an existing biulding. Perhaps give each race a unique ship ability/system as well?
17) Allow multiple space factories to build structures faster. Perhaps, -1 turn for each factory beyond the first. Minimum time cannot be less than 50% of the normal total time.
18) The Empire Management screen allows sorting by CURRENT production. I would like the option to sort by POTENTIAL MAXIMUM production. Late game it can be somewhat hard to find the right planet where doom star should be queued.
19) There should be a way to sort the ships at a given locale in the "Current Fleet" screen. (i.e. by class)
20) Science needs to be tracked on the victory graph.
21) If you take morale above 100% it should result in a production/science/farming bonus of the same %.
22) There should be some way to see how many turns are left until the next council vote. If this is already in the game it is not evident to the user.
23) Available weapon arcs need improvement (especially the right/left 90) and need to have more choices and be more logical. I'd rather see:
- Forward - 90
- Front Half - 180
- Full Front - 270
- Full - 360
- Full Rear - 270
- Rear Half - 180
- Rear - 90
24) A.I. empires need to better prioritize attacking Orion and space monsters. I had a game where the Quanta left Orion alone the whole game despite having a large fleet.
Edited by Plaid_Dragon, 07 April 2017 - 04:46 PM.