Plaid's Master Improvement List

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Plaid_Dragon #1 Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I last played several months ago.  There have been a lot of changes for the better between then and now and I am impressed.  However, the list below is what I've come across so far in 3 full games in the past week.

1) Pirates shouldn't impale themselves on targets where there is no chance of destroying something.   They should be able to judge how a combat might go just like a human player can.

2) On designing a new ship, it should start completely devoid of equipment and/or there should be a button to "clear all" equipment.

3) If I transfer a fleet leader from one ship to another in the same fleet that isn't moving, it shouldn't take 4 turns.

4) A.I. Races should actively try and save enough to make a trade treaty if they are on good terms with another empire.

5) At the start of the game the "show queue" option should default to on.  In fact, I don't know why anyone would NOT want to see/use the queue.

6) Explosions in combat should be more extravagant.  (i.e.  better sound, better visual, chance for a critical explosion with a damaging shockwave).

7) Allow special characters and spaces in ship class names.

8) Allow 5 or so more bytes worth of characters in ship class names.

9) There should be experience levels for ship crews.  I.E. "green", "standard", "veteran", "elite".  Pick appropriate penalties/bonuses for each level.  If this is already in the game it is not evident to the user.

10) Where is boarding combat and ship capturing?

11) I should be able to exit out of a colony screen with empty production.  If I do so, the production should default to Trade Goods.

12) What happened to government types (i.e. diplomacy, feudal, dictatorship, unification) ?  This was a good system.  Why not mirror it?

13) There should be more hull designs per ship class…  I believe moo2 had 10-12 for each except DS’s.  I know this is just fluff... but how ships look is important!  :)

14) Where are "Natives"?

15) Where are "Splinter Colonies"?

16) It would be interesting if each race had a special building unique to themselves... it would be in the form of a slightly enhanced version of an existing biulding.  Perhaps give each race a unique ship ability/system as well?

17) Allow multiple space factories to build structures faster.  Perhaps, -1 turn for each factory beyond the first.   Minimum time cannot be less than 50% of the normal total time.

18) The Empire Management screen allows sorting by CURRENT production.   I would like the option to sort by POTENTIAL MAXIMUM production.  Late game it can be somewhat hard to find the right planet where doom star should be queued.

19) There should be a way to sort the ships at a given locale in the "Current Fleet" screen.  (i.e. by class)

20) Science needs to be tracked on the victory graph.

21) If you take morale above 100% it should result in a production/science/farming bonus of the same %.

22) There should be some way to see how many turns are left until the next council vote.  If this is already in the game it is not evident to the user.

23) Available weapon arcs need improvement (especially the right/left 90)  and need to have more choices and be more logical.  I'd rather see:

- Forward - 90
- Front Half - 180
- Full Front - 270
- Full - 360
- Full Rear - 270
- Rear Half - 180
- Rear - 90

24) A.I. empires need to better prioritize attacking Orion and space monsters.   I had a game where the Quanta left Orion alone the whole game despite having a large fleet.

Edited by Plaid_Dragon, 07 April 2017 - 04:46 PM.

When  you have to shoot, shoot.   Don't talk.

Omega_Weapon #2 Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:05 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostPlaid_Dragon, on 07 April 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

I last played several months ago.  There have been a lot of changes for the better between then and now and I am impressed.  However, the list below is what I've come across so far in 3 full games in the past week.

1) Pirates shouldn't impale themselves on targets where there is no chance of destroying something.   They should be able to judge how a combat might go just like a human player can.

2) On designing a new ship, it should start completely devoid of equipment and/or there should be a button to "clear all" equipment.

3) If I transfer a fleet leader from one ship to another in the same fleet that isn't moving, it shouldn't take 4 turns.

4) A.I. Races should actively try and save enough to make a trade treaty if they are on good terms with another empire.

5) At the start of the game the "show queue" option should default to on.  In fact, I don't know why anyone would NOT want to see/use the queue.

6) Explosions in combat should be more extravagant.  (i.e.  better sound, better visual, chance for a critical explosion with a damaging shockwave).

7) Allow special characters and spaces in ship class names.

8) Allow 5 or so more bytes worth of characters in ship class names.

9) There should be experience levels for ship crews.  I.E. "green", "standard", "veteran", "elite".  Pick appropriate penalties/bonuses for each level.  If this is already in the game it is not evident to the user.

10) Where is boarding combat and ship capturing?

11) I should be able to exit out of a colony screen with empty production.  If I do so, the production should default to Trade Goods.

12) What happened to government types (i.e. diplomacy, feudal, dictatorship, unification) ?  This was a good system.  Why not mirror it?

13) There should be more hull designs per ship class…  I believe moo2 had 10-12 for each except DS’s.  I know this is just fluff... but how ships look is important!  :)

14) Where are "Natives"?

15) Where are "Splinter Colonies"?

16) It would be interesting if each race had a special building unique to themselves... it would be in the form of a slightly enhanced version of an existing biulding.  Perhaps give each race a unique ship ability/system as well?

17) Allow multiple space factories to build structures faster.  Perhaps, -1 turn for each factory beyond the first.   Minimum time cannot be less than 50% of the normal total time.

18) The Empire Management screen allows sorting by CURRENT production.   I would like the option to sort by POTENTIAL MAXIMUM production.  Late game it can be somewhat hard to find the right planet where doom star should be queued.

19) There should be a way to sort the ships at a given locale in the "Current Fleet" screen.  (i.e. by class)

20) Science needs to be tracked on the victory graph.

21) If you take morale above 100% it should result in a production/science/farming bonus of the same %.

22) There should be some way to see how many turns are left until the next council vote.  If this is already in the game it is not evident to the user.

23) Available weapon arcs need improvement (especially the right/left 90)  and need to have more choices and be more logical.  I'd rather see:

- Forward - 90
- Front Half - 180
- Full Front - 270
- Full - 360
- Full Rear - 270
- Rear Half - 180
- Rear - 90

24) A.I. empires need to better prioritize attacking Orion and space monsters.   I had a game where the Quanta left Orion alone the whole game despite having a large fleet.

​Great suggestions. Unfortunatley it seems likely that all development has stopped and the game is practically abandoned by the developers now. There should be a stability patch still coming that may or may not include some bug fixes, but nothing about new content or reworking aspects of the game. If you look at the official posts by Wargaming, there was nothing in all of January, one post in February, and nothing since then. Its an empty ghost town with cobwebs and tumble weeds.

Zharik #3 Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

Ensign

• Players

The vast majority of this list is spot on, but unfortunately we're left with few options as only the modders are actively changing the game. (I know there is a stability patch coming, but they called it a "stability" patch for a reason.)

I can address #14 though, as minor civilizations are "natives".  Compared to MoO2 though this is inferior since they only modify other planets in the same system. Often it is better to just wipe them off the planet and colonize it yourself for a better bonus, though of course the situation changes from race to race and/or map to map.

As for #6, sound doesn't travel in space. So as far as realism goes zero sound makes the most sense. However, I have always excused Hollywood's blatant mistakes for this with a simple mental work-around. I imagine that the ship the people are standing in detects the movement/explosions/etc and pumps sound into the cockpit to give the pilot more sensory information. Like when the Falcon is being chased by an ISD, the Falcon's sensors note the laser fire and emulates a sound to indicate this so Han/Chewie know they are being shot at. So if you want bigger/boomier explosions I say go for it. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users