Ryzen and MoO.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Linkntime #1 Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I just built a new system with a Ryzen 1700x all eight cores overclocked at 3900 Mhz, 16GB 2667 Mhz DDR 4 ram, Samsung EVO SSD, and an AMD RX480 4GB.  I started this bad boy up with a new windows install and it runs slower on the same settings as my ole setup.  The animation is sluggish for instance.  The advisor will talk and twice the time it takes for the sound the animation will finally end.  I lowered the settings from high to medium and it still a little sluggish.  One improvement is the time between turns has improved dramatically late game.  I suspect this has to do with having more ram.

I had A8-5500 quad running 3.2 Ghz, 8GB 1600 Mhz RAM, Samsung EVO HDD, and GTX 760 before and it ran more smoothly.  Is it the video card or the processor?  Perhaps a combination of both?  Are there any settings I might try to get her working more smoothly?

Jevokan #2 Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostLinkntime, on 14 April 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

I just built a new system with a Ryzen 1700x all eight cores overclocked at 3900 Mhz, 16GB 2667 Mhz DDR 4 ram, Samsung EVO SSD, and an AMD RX480 4GB.  I started this bad boy up with a new windows install and it runs slower on the same settings as my ole setup.  The animation is sluggish for instance.  The advisor will talk and twice the time it takes for the sound the animation will finally end.  I lowered the settings from high to medium and it still a little sluggish.  One improvement is the time between turns has improved dramatically late game.  I suspect this has to do with having more ram.

I had A8-5500 quad running 3.2 Ghz, 8GB 1600 Mhz RAM, Samsung EVO HDD, and GTX 760 before and it ran more smoothly.  Is it the video card or the processor?  Perhaps a combination of both?  Are there any settings I might try to get her working more smoothly?

Sounds like an awesome system.  I'm jealous.  :)

Try upgrading all your drivers especially for your videocard, chipset.  Get all the latest Windows updates.  Make sure no other programs are running in the background.

I use a program called Driver Booster 4 to automatically go through all my drivers and update them whenever they're outdated.  Works real well compared to having to go to each company separately and do it one by one.  If you do that and still have problems try checking your videocard's 3d settings and try different settings.  Turning off some things or turning them on to see what works best.  

That kind of sucks because I was thinking of upgrading soon mainly for this game.  Let me know if you get it running smoothly.

Edited by Jevokan, 14 April 2017 - 11:03 PM.

Linkntime #3 Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I have an update.  The power profile for Windows 10 was not optimized for Ryzen.  https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/04/06/amd-ryzen-community-update-3

It gave significant improvements to the FPS and I was able to put it in Ultra settings with no problem.  Admittedly I also overclocked all eight core 3.9 Ghz  in both cases and the ram to its normal clocked 3200 Mhz.  I'm not sure which had a bigger impact but the difference from a previous test was 2666 Mhz to 3200 Mhz might not be the determining factor.  I still had issues at 2666 Mhz Memory Speed until the Power Profile was updated.

Edited by Linkntime, 17 April 2017 - 07:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users