Game freezes during galaxy generation EVERY time

galaxy generation freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

bpwilbur #1 Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Every time - literally, not figuratively - I start a new game it freezes during galaxy generation. It has been doing this for days. The load bar fills completely, and then nothing. I am never prompted to "press any key to continue."

Anybody else having this problem?

Anguille_1 #2 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:12 AM

Captain

• Players
I had this only once so far, yesterday. I selected a small galaxy, superfast and increased from 2 to 4 opponents. My guess is the number of opponents that i increased. Anyway, i tried the same settings a second time and it worked. What settings did you choose?

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

Laegad #3 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

Commander

• Players

It seems to be this old bug; 

If you create a galaxy with too many occupied systems (players and AI) and if the creation process cannot place them, the galaxy creation freeze.

Try to reduce numbers of players, or remove some AI (include lesser civs), or upgrade the galaxy size, or reduce the distance max between starting systems (by mod this parameter)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users