How do you get the AI to vote for you?

diplomatic alliance victory

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Jodet #1 Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

The Alkari voted for me once, I'm not even sure how that happened. 

Can you beat the hell out of the AI in a war and then offer peace with 'you vote for me'? 

Do you have to be in an Alliance?   Massive bribery?  

I had a deal with I think it was the Meklar once.   But that deal ended and one turn later the vote came and they didn't vote for me.    How do you know when the vote is coming? 

Thanks for any info..... 

Spud_Dastardly #2 Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:36 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
If they're allied with you, they'll vote for you unless they are the other candidate. If they like you a lot, they might also vote for you. If you make a deal for them to vote for you, it should last until the next election and they usually honor it. If I recall the council meets every 35 turns.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

WhatIsSol #3 Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Commander

• Players

I'm thinking of mixing this up a bit in one of my releases - calling the Hillary vs Trump Enhancement, where the AI has a chance of instead of abstaining it will vote for the candidate it hates the least.   Not all the time just occasionally.  To add some more random chance to the vote.

Anguille_1 #4 Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

Captain

• Players

It's better to be in an alliance. It's the MOO where it's the most difficult to get people to vote for you. AIs abstain more than in the previous games. I agree with WhatIsSol and this is a comment i made during EA.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

Spud_Dastardly #5 Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostWhatIsSol, on 21 May 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

I'm thinking of mixing this up a bit in one of my releases - calling the Hillary vs Trump Enhancement, where the AI has a chance of instead of abstaining it will vote for the candidate it hates the least.   Not all the time just occasionally.  To add some more random chance to the vote.

To be fair, half the country did abstain during the election. I think this is a good idea though. I would only have them vote for the opponent if they really hate the other one though. Maybe if they're at war with one candidate but not the other, then they vote for the other. 

WhatIsSol #6 Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:03 AM

Commander

• Players

Thinking something along the lines of :

At war with both candidates - no change from current implementation

At war with one and at least Calm with the other - chance to vote for the other (small chance - increasing slightly as relationship goes up)

At war with neither, but Hate with both - no change from current implementation

At war with neither, but Hate one and at least Affable with the other - chance to vote for the other

Just think it would make things at least a little more interesting then they are now.  I recall in the old master of orion series losing to the vote as being at least a possibility, in this game, I have yet to see it.

Spud_Dastardly #7 Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Sounds good. That actually reminds me of another old Master of Orion mechanic that would be nice to have back here. In MoO2 if someone else won the diplomatic vote, you could choose to reject the galactic council, and the entire galaxy would go to war with you and refuse to make peace, but you could still win if you fought off the whole galaxy. Could we do something like that here? 

Anguille_1 #8 Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

Captain

• Players

Last week, i lost a MOO2 game because one the AI races won the elections. Actually, most of the times i lose a game of MOO or MOO2 is because i lose elections.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

WhatIsSol #9 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:39 PM

Commander

• Players
Yep, that is where this was headed towards.  First need to make it possible for you to loss, then adding in I think they called that TOTAL WAR would be really cool.

Jodet #10 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I beat the Meklars up pretty bad and was right next to their homeworld. 

I offered truce and return of their two colonies if they voted for me. 

They accepted and I won a diplomatic victory.  

I'm enjoying this game a lot - more than any other space game I can recall playing in many, many years.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users