Spies are a one time use thing?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jodet #1 Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

I train all these spies and give them an assignment.   Then after awhile they're gone. 

What up with that?  

Spies don't seem to be that valuable.   If you give them any worthwhile assignment they fail.  

Any tips on spies?  

Spud_Dastardly #2 Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
It sounds like they're catching and killing your spies. Keep them on counterespionage until they reach at least level 2, maybe level 3. Only send them out to do low risk missions. Expect losses. Unless you're playing a spying race, you probably won't be able to do much more than steal charts and steal tech.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Anguille_1 #3 Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

Captain

• Players
If they have been captured (and it happens), you can exchange them (money, spies, techs, etc.) in the diplomatic screen with the empire you sent your spies to.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

Jodet #4 Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I don't see any 'return spies' in any of the diplomatic screens.   And my spies are just gone, maybe four of them.

Do you get a notice when a spy is caught or killed?  

Zharik #5 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

Ensign

• Players
Yes you get a popup as well as a red indicator in the summary list on the right for the failed mission. The popup tells you if the spy was killed, captured or deported (returned).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users