Taking Over Planets with Minor Civilizations on Them

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

lorddreacon #1 Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

Ensign

• Players

Ok so I am playing and have met a minor Civ and wanted to conquer the planet.

I sent a group of Battleship so I could mind control them and it never gave me the option.

Let me destroy their station and missile base, but nothing else.

Are those planets bugged so that you can't do anything with them?

Spud_Dastardly #2 Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
You can't invade or mind control them, sadly. The only thing you can do is bomb them out of existence and colonize the planet. 

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Jodet #3 Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Am I correct in thinking the best thing to do with minor races is colonize another planet in their system?   That way you get whatever it is they give to that colony as well as some votes for the Galactic Presidency (or whatever it's called). 

Yes?  

Anguille_1 #4 Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

Captain

• Players
Yes...this is the way to use minor races.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

Lukterran #5 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Ensign

• Players
I personally choose to kill off the minor civilization. They usually are setting on a very valuable planet in ever aspect (bio, size and resources abundance). The bonus the minor race provides to by colonizing a lesser world in the same system, is far less than you would get from just actually colonizing on their planet with your own citizens. Plus the cost of upgrading the benefits the minor race provides is incredibly high for the value you get from the increase.

Edited by Lukterran, 09 June 2017 - 06:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users