Is retreat EVER anything but 'commit suicide'?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jodet #1 Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Seriously, why even have it for an option.   I have never made a successful retreat. 

Is it even possible? 

Spud_Dastardly #2 Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
The unfortunate thing about retreating is that they made it so if your ship doesn't have any moves left, you can't retreat. As for those times when you can retreat, I recommend always going into the tactical battle and retreating manually after the mandatory wait time is up. The reason is that, as far as I can tell, using the retreat button from the auto-resolve screen makes your ships fight the battle as normal for the required wait time (is it 20 seconds? I forget) and then has them retreat, as opposed to having your ships avoid the enemy for as long as possible and then retreating. 

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Anguille_1 #3 Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• Players
I don't use the retreat option either. Like Spud, i launch the battle and try to keep my ships from doing something stupid. I find the AI in the battles fairly basic.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

WhatIsSol #4 Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:28 AM

Commander

• Players

Never give up, never surrender!

By Grabthar's hammer, by the Sons of Warvan, you shall be avenged.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users