Issues adding planet resources, ect. to the game.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ogdinmar #1 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

Ensign

• Players

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add more resources to the game I can get them in the text files, but when I go to add the description text to the backend exel sheet it messes up all my button names. like the ok buttons become button_ok or something like that.  I am having this issue with other things that require this step.  Is there a work around or am I doing something wrong.

Spud_Dastardly #2 Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:57 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

Excel will mess up the format on the .csv files. You can use Notepad ++ to edit them (which is a bit of a pain because it doesn't separate them into cells) or use Google Sheets which can preserve the format.

By the way, have you seen this mod? It adds 75 different resources. It's pretty fun, though a little unbalanced.

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Ogdinmar #3 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

Ensign

• Players
Thank you so much for your reply.  I assumed since my pc decided they were excel files automatically that that's how it was. Yeah I did which made me realize that I could be done successfully lol. Ive been building my own version of a mod that balances it out in different ways, but I wanted to add rare things to find in the galaxy. I really appreciate the help.

Spud_Dastardly #4 Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:03 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
You're welcome. Let me know if you have more modding questions.

Strider__2020 #5 Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 28 October 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

Excel will mess up the format on the .csv files. You can use Notepad ++ to edit them (which is a bit of a pain because it doesn't separate them into cells) or use Google Sheets which can preserve the format.

By the way, have you seen this mod? It adds 75 different resources. It's pretty fun, though a little unbalanced.

Is this mod compatible with your mod?

Spud_Dastardly #6 Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Yes it is, mostly anyway. You should load it below 5X in the mods menu for it to work properly. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users