Is it over yet?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Omega_Weapon #1 Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:13 PM

Rear Admiral

• Players
So here we are now at Feb 18th 2018. The last post on the website by a Wargaming employee was Feb 17th 2017. The website (like the game itself) has been abandoned for a year and left for dead. Why is this website even up anymore? The patient is long dead and the doctor never even seemed interested in saving their life when they still had time. Wargaming needs to finally admit they failed with this title, and sell the property so another company might actually do it justice. 

Edited by Omega_Weapon, 20 February 2018 - 04:06 AM.

Sykarus #2 Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:35 AM

Ensign

• Players
Unfortunately, I think you are right. I haven't seen any updates to this game in over a year. Also, if you got to the Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars store webpage in Steam, and then go to the updates it looks like some advertising firm hijacked their updates and are trying to sell stuff totally unrelated to MOO or Wargaming in general. Very sad, all they needed to do was spend some more time on it. I'm a bit upset since I bought the expansion pack thinking they were going to continually polish the game. Alas, looks like Wargaming abandoned this game.

Omega_Weapon #3 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:47 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Yup. I spent $50 for the special edition and early access. Have been a World of Tanks player for over 6 years, and even got into Warplanes and Ships a bit. All three were decent games, so I really expected them to do well with this game too. Boy was I wrong. After this experience I decided to never involve myself in another (new) Wargaming title. I quit their Warplane game as well after the 2.0 update reworked the game entirely (in a bad way). I still play Tanks mainly because I've already invested so much time and money at this point, but if I knew then what I know now about Wargaming, I never would have started playing any of these titles... :(

Spud_Dastardly #4 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:55 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
WhatIsSol and I have been keeping it alive with mod updates and the unofficial patch, but yeah, looks like the devs have totally abandoned it at this point. 

Get 5X - The Ultimate Balance Mod on Steam or on Nexus Mods!

Omega_Weapon #5 Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:06 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostSpud_Dastardly, on 27 February 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

WhatIsSol and I have been keeping it alive with mod updates and the unofficial patch, but yeah, looks like the devs have totally abandoned it at this point. 

​I applaud you guys for your efforts. I really wish the devs had cared half as much about this title as you and WhatIsSol do. So much potential wasted... . The game was so promising early on. Just needed some follow through (and a willingness to accept criticism).

ChippedNotBroken #6 Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Thank You, Spud_Dastardly ....

You've done a great job from what I can tell, I suppose the developers are just milking this game for whatever they can get out of it at this point.

I wonder what it take to buy out a franchise like this?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users