MOO 3 source code

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Tom_Holsinger #21 Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostEmP64213, on 17 October 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

So MoO 2 source code could be "a live"?

Do you mean the MOO2 source code, or its annotations, or both?  It is MS-DOS code.

MOO2MOD #22 Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:26 PM

Captain

• Players

Block Quote

Do you mean the MOO2 source code

On some websites it has been suggested that MOO2 source code has been lost.

So it would be great news if it is stil "alive".

For me, it would just be great to have access to it, as I am spending much time digging around in the MOO2 exe with a HEX editor and Disassembler. :confused:

Tom_Holsinger #23 Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
I don't know of anything.  It is MS-DOS.

JosEPh_II #24 Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostZeraan, on 18 August 2015 - 12:10 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind looking in MoO 3's source code and tinker with it.  At the very least, have it support different resolutions, and fix the DirectX Surface Unavailable error once and for all.  There could be a git repo, with few people hand-picked to handle the master branch and approve pull requests.  Maybe the community can transform MoO 3 into something wonderful that redeems the name "MoO 3"? You never know!

Zeraan! How you doin' man! Have you kept at it on building your game? Sorry I lost track of you and it. Great to see you posting here.

JosEPh

Old and Slow.....Watch Out! It's Not Y'uns Turn!

Zeraan #25 Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostJosEPh_II, on 22 January 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Zeraan! How you doin' man! Have you kept at it on building your game? Sorry I lost track of you and it. Great to see you posting here.

JosEPh

No problem!  Yeah, I'm still at work on my game!  It has undergone several overhauls.  But now I'm on a pretty good track!  If you remember, it was called Beyond Beyaan, and I worked on it for about 4 years, on and off.  Then I met Jeff and we merged our projects and renamed it to Dominus Galaxia.  Others has also joined!  Things are really picking up, and we have an almost playable version.  We're trying to get the game actually done this year!  This is a work in progress screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mt9tm82i6s7jmsb/WiP.png?dl=0

How about you, how have you been doing?  Long time no see!  I think we lost track of each other around the time Atari messed up the forums :rolleyes:

JosEPh_II #26 Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:17 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostZeraan, on 23 January 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

No problem!  Yeah, I'm still at work on my game!  It has undergone several overhauls.  But now I'm on a pretty good track!  If you remember, it was called Beyond Beyaan, and I worked on it for about 4 years, on and off.  Then I met Jeff and we merged our projects and renamed it to Dominus Galaxia.  Others has also joined!  Things are really picking up, and we have an almost playable version.  We're trying to get the game actually done this year!  This is a work in progress screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mt9tm82i6s7jmsb/WiP.png?dl=0

How about you, how have you been doing?  Long time no see!  I think we lost track of each other around the time Atari messed up the forums :rolleyes:

I followed Beyaan till you stopped showing updates. Then things got away from me. I retired 3 and 1/2 years ago, the Mrs retired Dec 31st. So we're an old pair of retreads now. ;)

I still dabble in modding a bit, I'm a minor modder for a Civ IV BtS mod called Caveman2Cosmos at CivFanatics forum.

Was stoked to see at least a full 1/2 dozen former AtmoO form members post here. I didn't know about the game till just this last week. Saw an advert for it a Matrix Games forum as I check in there to see how Distant Worlds is doing.

Is this Jeff a former MoOIII forum member? Best of Luck on getting your game where you want it to go. I'll keep an eye out for it now that I know it's new Name.

JosEPh :)

Zeraan #27 Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostJosEPh_II, on 24 January 2016 - 02:17 AM, said:

I followed Beyaan till you stopped showing updates. Then things got away from me. I retired 3 and 1/2 years ago, the Mrs retired Dec 31st. So we're an old pair of retreads now. ;)

I still dabble in modding a bit, I'm a minor modder for a Civ IV BtS mod called Caveman2Cosmos at CivFanatics forum.

Was stoked to see at least a full 1/2 dozen former AtmoO form members post here. I didn't know about the game till just this last week. Saw an advert for it a Matrix Games forum as I check in there to see how Distant Worlds is doing.

Is this Jeff a former MoOIII forum member? Best of Luck on getting your game where you want it to go. I'll keep an eye out for it now that I know it's new Name.

JosEPh :)

I don't think Jeff was a MoOIII forum member.  We met when I did kickstarter for Beyond Beyaan.

Yeah, it's awesome seeing old fans get back together :)

Hopefully this version of MoO doesn't repeat MoO III failure :)

JosEPh_II #28 Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:17 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostZeraan, on 27 January 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

I don't think Jeff was a MoOIII forum member.  We met when I did kickstarter for Beyond Beyaan.

Yeah, it's awesome seeing old fans get back together :)

Hopefully this version of MoO doesn't repeat MoO III failure :)

Seeing old forum mates is good. :)

But it seems I've already triggered the dread MoOIII debate and accompanied derision from those that still hate it. Oh well, I do still speak my mind and until banned will continue to do so. :p I've never had another game give me as much fun as it did and I've played many, many other games. Even Civ IV BtS mod Caveman2Cosmos, which I'm part of the mod team comes in 2nd and I've been playing it for over 7+ years too.

Anyway Hope to talk with you more and look forward to your game's release.

JosEPh

Zeraan #29 Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostJosEPh_II, on 28 January 2016 - 01:17 AM, said:

Seeing old forum mates is good. :)

But it seems I've already triggered the dread MoOIII debate and accompanied derision from those that still hate it. Oh well, I do still speak my mind and until banned will continue to do so. :p I've never had another game give me as much fun as it did and I've played many, many other games. Even Civ IV BtS mod Caveman2Cosmos, which I'm part of the mod team comes in 2nd and I've been playing it for over 7+ years too.

Anyway Hope to talk with you more and look forward to your game's release.

JosEPh

Heh, I'm not saying that MoO 3's all bad.  There were certainly interesting aspects, and I even found it fun at times.  But the UI, the low-resolution limit, and other aspects turned me off :(

I actually played MoO 3 network with my brother, but we never finished a game because of its length and the fact it's turn-based which slowed things down a lot.  But I fondly remember rescuing my brother's planet from a bombarding fleet with my technologically superior fleet.  When the two fleets got into contact, my fleet blew them away with one shot.  Ahh, the memories.

That's why I wouldn't mind taking a look at MoO 3's source code and fix things up.

JosEPh_II #30 Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:47 PM

Captain

• Players

QuickSilver still has it in pieces. <Edited out>

JosEPh

Edited by JosEPh_II, 14 April 2016 - 04:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users