I Found it!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

BaddParrot #1 Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:41 AM

Ensign

• Players

One thing about being a Pack-rat,  When you  do decide to go through things to get rid of, Its like opening a time capsule- 

& even OLDER- (!986)

I figured someone here would get a Kick out of it =)

Joshuashalo #2 Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:19 AM

Commander

• Players
lol nice !

MASTER OF ORION CONQUER THE STARS Helper

Rumh #3 Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
And Starflight, too!  Loved that game.  :)
Silicoids!

OrionSol #4 Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

Captain

• Players
MoO 3?  Really?  Really? 

Jedi Master Or-ion Sol

Founder of THE JEDI ORDER | Community of Guilds 

www.jediswtor.com 

Varadhon #5 Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:41 PM

Captain

• Players
Got a kick out of the 5.25" diskettes.  I don't think I have any of those lying around anywhere.  On another note, I had totally forgotten that Homeworld was a Sierra product.  

General_Squish #6 Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:44 AM

Commander

• Players

View PostOrionSol, on 27 August 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

MoO 3?  Really?  Really? 

I understand if you had MoO3 just because it was the next in line. I think it came out when reviews were not so public on the internet... at least it seemed for me. But I have to ask ONE question... did ANYONE actually COMPLETE a full campaign in MoO3? I never did, even after days of really trying to get into it, I couldn't finish a single play through. I either got trounced by the computer, or it took SOO long to progress, and I had no clue what my empire was really doing. IT saddened me, because I wanted the next in line to be so great. Here's hoping this new one makes up for it ;)

Varadhon #7 Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:56 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostGeneral_Squish, on 28 August 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

I understand if you had MoO3 just because it was the next in line. I think it came out when reviews were not so public on the internet... at least it seemed for me. But I have to ask ONE question... did ANYONE actually COMPLETE a full campaign in MoO3? I never did, even after days of really trying to get into it, I couldn't finish a single play through. I either got trounced by the computer, or it took SOO long to progress, and I had no clue what my empire was really doing. IT saddened me, because I wanted the next in line to be so great. Here's hoping this new one makes up for it ;)

I completed it a number of times.  I mostly won by discovering the Xs.  

Mind you, much of the reason for my having played it as much as I did was that I fell ill with a long-term illness that took over a month to get over and the Iraq war had just started, so my choices were to play the game, watch endless war coverage on TV or feel sorry for myself.  Between the three options, I played the game.

I wanted very much to like it, especially because it tried so many innovative things and I had watched its development very closely in the years prior.  Alas, the game provided so little feedback on what the consequences of the player's choices were that it was mostly unplayable.  It was also just missing a lot of immersion.  The game simply felt too distant and mechanical.  It wasn't even all that pretty, even for its time. 

SIEGE109 #8 Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I just decided to ignore the botched managerial system and micromanage the hell out of everything.  I did very well SLOWLY grinding out the turns until I realized about turn 100 that the computer empires were totally incompetent and had barely any colonies.  Some only had their homeworld.

And it was during the Iraq War.  I'd be watching the coverage of cruise missiles and tanks, and I'd be listening to this song on my headphones: http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/master-of-orion-iii-original-soundtrack-lustmord/00-species-ichthytosian-conflict.mp3 And it was like an awesome music video.

Anguille_1 #9 Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:58 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostSIEGE109, on 28 August 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

I just decided to ignore the botched managerial system and micromanage the hell out of everything.  I did very well SLOWLY grinding out the turns until I realized about turn 100 that the computer empires were totally incompetent and had barely any colonies.  Some only had their homeworld.

And it was during the Iraq War.  I'd be watching the coverage of cruise missiles and tanks, and I'd be listening to this song on my headphones: http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/master-of-orion-iii-original-soundtrack-lustmord/00-species-ichthytosian-conflict.mp3 And it was like an awesome music video.

The problem was not the AIs but bugs that prevented it to expand. Once patched, the AIs offer a very good challenge.

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

JosEPh_II #10 Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostGeneral_Squish, on 27 August 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

To the OP,

I have all those still except Star Light.

Yes I completed all 3 Victory conditions multiple times. And a couple of Senate and X wins on Pbem  succession games. Of course all the ppl I played with had the Game Patched by Bhruic's MoO3Patcher and his Patches. This MoO3Patcher fixed all the Major bugs. Bhruic actually saved MoOIII for many of us that actually liked the game. (To ALL--Please no flaming cause I like a game you despise, Please)

JosEPh

Edited by JosEPh_II, 30 January 2016 - 03:43 PM.

Old and Slow.....Watch Out! It's Not Y'uns Turn!

Endsor #11 Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:28 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostJosEPh_II, on 30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

(To ALL--Please no flaming cause I like a game you despise, Please)

Dude you are such a drama queen, like anyone cares.

JosEPh_II #12 Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostEndsor, on 30 January 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

Dude you are such a drama queen, like anyone cares.

:rolleyes::p:D

JosEPh

Old and Slow.....Watch Out! It's Not Y'uns Turn!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users