A different MoO2 discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

voidstalker_woe #1 Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:57 AM

Captain

• Players

Hey there, I am wondering if there is any interest in discussions about:

1)  Alternatives to race customization in MOO2, either for their own sake or in the hopes that maybe somewhere down the line a software company is going to be able to make use of ideas like these.

2)  Expanded and modified tech trees and technologies for a different MoO2 playing experience.

3)  A good long look into how good (and bad) MoO2 handled ship design and tactical combat.

4)  The rather rudimentary save game functionality, and some ideas for how to improve it.

There are of course many other things that would get a look at, but I just wanted some feedback before diving into this one.

Any thoughts?

Droid thread

Sociology thread

Edited by voidstalker_woe, 06 February 2016 - 10:40 PM.

Further more, I believe that we must start building a better MoO5 now, for only by doing so can we get tomorrow's game, today!

voidstalker_woe #2 Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:21 AM

Captain

• Players

I had in mind that the save games feature would have to allow for creating and editing of folders, and auto extracting a starting screen shot of the game, and allowing for text, voice, and visual files to become an integral part of the process.  Basically, when hitting the save game button, you would get a window filled with folders, each of which would display the map, either of the start of the game automatically, or of any game map image 'taken' manually, and then the software should automatically sort by starting map image, meaning that all maps would have their own tree of saved games.

So, basically any and every map would be stored as a tiny thumbnail, on turn 3500.0 and all subsequent saved games on that map would be placed into their own sub-folders.  I would really, really, really want at least a map thumbnail to give me a quick glance at the map, as a picture is worth a thousand words, and if I could get the ability to also include text and audio content, such as a basic rundown of the races in the game, their traits, and some info on noteworthy difficulties within a given game...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/stwfogerbhw11n8/Bad%20folder%20example.bmp?dl=0

Don't seem to remember how to use my dropbox, but the image shows what I am not trying to do, lol.  I want folders, that each have a single map as their displayed image, so you get a visual of the saved game's map, without having to actually load the game.

Edited by voidstalker_woe, 05 February 2016 - 03:52 AM.

Further more, I believe that we must start building a better MoO5 now, for only by doing so can we get tomorrow's game, today!

voidstalker_woe #3 Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:09 AM

Captain

• Players
I have placed links to two additional threads in the OP here, so that folks will be better able to navigate back and forth between my various threads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users