Bugs, Unintuitive UI, & Questions (15hrs playtime)

bugs UI problems complaints questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Waywardway #1 Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:44 AM

Ensign

• Players

These are just the things I noticed, and while I wanted to keep this post fairly structured, I start to get too excited about possible Espionage and Diplomatic options.  I played 2 games as Sakkra and Bulrathi

Bugs:

1. had an issue where I could not  issue commands to ships during combat, or they would have a long delayed response.  

2. issue where I was not able to manually upgrade certain single ship designs after a research, but could still upgrade all.

3.Some issues with slightly longer weapon descriptions being cut off in the display when selecting weapons for a ships weapon slots.  

4.Slight issue with repeating decimal numbers for damage as you add more weapons to a slot.

5. issues with captured planet populations not displaying the proper values as they become more accepting of my rule/ returned to full productivity.  I would have to manually move the populace back and forth to get the proper values to display.

6. issue when editing ship blueprints.  After finishing and saving one blueprint and returning to the blueprint screen, the name of the former blueprint, (which has now moved to the bottom because it is the newest updated, good feature by the way) would still appear above the selected blueprint, even though it was now selecting the blueprint on the top of the queue. When I selected that blueprint it would keep the name of the former design, requiring you to rename it and resetting the design number OR exiting back to the blueprint list and clicking on a different blueprint to re-calibrate the name to the proper one of the design selected.

7. possible bug of having vision over a system I had not visited, only discovered through shared charts. Thought at first that it was because I had a trade deal with the bulrathi, but when the Mrrshan took it over it was strange that I could still see everything going on.

8. possible bug for having civilian ships enter combat. I really appreciate that the game recognizes frigates that are only armed with bombs as non-combat vessels and labels them as such at the fleet screen at the start of a battle.  However they then still show up during the battle and because of an earlier mentioned bug about unresponsive ships, they charge forward (being faster than the destroyers) and get shot.

9. If a ship is left to sleep at a planet, if that planet produces new vessels they automatically go to sleep as well, requiring you to manually select them.

Unintuitive features (& suggestions):

1. while the auto upgrade feature is wonderful, however the game takes too many liberties with suggesting how to upgrade (it really wanted to equip all my destroyers with the Displacement, microjump item every upgrade). If there was a little more customization or ability to tweak the Game's suggestions (lock out certain designs, or once rejected it stops suggesting different configurations that aren't a direct upgrade (nuclear bomb to fusion bomb, etc)).

2. the Sakkra racial bonus of needing less food for pop growth is presented in a slightly confusing manner.

3. it seems a little unintuitive to find info on weapons. I can see the range of a weapon when I scroll over it in the tech tree but when I select it for a ship build I can't find it.   It would also be nice to see the weight per single weapon especially as you modify it with upgrades. 

4.  I've seen it mentioned else where, but selecting fleets that are beside a military outpost, especially when it's cramped by a nearby planet is needlessly bothersome

5. Selecting ships to go to a system should not require you to select a precise planet or the indicator for the warp entrance.  This is waaaaaaaaay too tedious and frustrating. You should be able to select a system and the ship move to the nearest warp point entrance within it.

6. For Diplomacy there needs to be more clear when different races disapprove of dealing with rivals.  It's a great mechanic, but you need to be informed right before you make deals, especially for allies/trading partners.  Or at least labelling certain deals as having possible repercussions with race rivals (I think sharing sharing star charts was okay but embassies were bad).  I really need to reiterate how cool of a mechanic this could be, in tandem with espionage you could plant evidence to hurt relations between alliance partners. Or you could use espionage to trade secretly with enemies of allies.  GAHHH this is such a great idea.

7. I wish there was a counter-offer mechanic when other races ask for tech other things, just to soften the blow, and also add a bit of choice.

8. Probably just reiterating what others have said but the tech tree needs a little more choice.  I assume that the tech tree was opened up to allow people to experiment with more.  It makes sense for the early techs to not diversify but there should be more choices later on. The lack of choices means I usually only need to trade with one  race to get the ones I missed out on.

9. teching seems to happen really quickly relative to the build times of ships.  I assume this is to allow early access users to experience all of the content quicker

Questions:

1. Does the pollution of a conquered planet depend on how much devastation there is to capture it? Was trying to take planets thinking that was the case (no bombing just ground forces) but didn't seem to have any effect.

2. I really need to reiterate How excited I am for espionage to interact with diplomacy.  Is there any plans to incorporate espionage options in the diplomatic tree?

3. Does progress in production/growth/research roll over to the next level? this was not clear if it did (if not it should)

4. can we expect more from ground combat? I would enjoy having more control/ more graphical presentation.  having a little bit of strategy would be interesting.  Also some sort of tech for tactical bombing, that has a smaller chance of hitting buildings, and then perhaps another tech that decreases the chance of hitting civilians? also Espionage interacting with accuracy?

Edited by Waywardway, 27 February 2016 - 03:47 AM.

cruton321 #2 Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

To answer question 3, YES, I do believe excess progress does indeed roll over to your next project. I found a number of times the turn length for techs and builds would decrease just after I had completed the project before them, but then later on, if I did not choose that particular choice before, I would go back to it and find that the turn length had increased to what it had been prior. I think this is due to excess work being rolled over to the next project.

Aside from that, you make some pretty great points in terms of suggestions. I feel that 3 especially is significant. To me it just seems overall difficult to get any relevant information about ships' weapons and systems outside of the editor. I feel like I should not need to memorize the stats of every piece of gear I put on my ships, especially when the tech researches so fast that I need to upgrade everything every 5 turns or so.

Menaiya #3 Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

Ensign

• Players
I've only played 2 hours so far but the camera controls during tactical were definitely difficult to use. Also, I still could not issue orders. the game did everything for me and cost me a few ships. Finally, is there a way to retreat if you're getting your tail kicked?

Vahouth #4 Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:29 PM

Vice Admiral

• Players

So far, there are no ways to retreat which is unfortunate to say the least. 

Also if the game is playing for you, maybe the automate AI button is turned on.

HsojVvad #5 Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostVahouth, on 27 February 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

So far, there are no ways to retreat which is unfortunate to say the least.

Also if the game is playing for you, maybe the automate AI button is turned on.

Where is this button you speak of?

Vahouth #6 Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:24 PM

Vice Admiral

• Players

Top left of the battle screen.

Menaiya #7 Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

Ensign

• Players
I tried clicking that off and it still controlled my ships for me.

shaunn228 #8 Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostWaywardway, on 27 February 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

These are just the things I noticed, and while I wanted to keep this post fairly structured, I start to get too excited about possible Espionage and Diplomatic options.  I played 2 games as Sakkra and Bulrathi

Bugs:

1. had an issue where I could not  issue commands to ships during combat, or they would have a long delayed response.  

2. issue where I was not able to manually upgrade certain single ship designs after a research, but could still upgrade all.

3.Some issues with slightly longer weapon descriptions being cut off in the display when selecting weapons for a ships weapon slots.  

4.Slight issue with repeating decimal numbers for damage as you add more weapons to a slot.

5. issues with captured planet populations not displaying the proper values as they become more accepting of my rule/ returned to full productivity.  I would have to manually move the populace back and forth to get the proper values to display.

6. issue when editing ship blueprints.  After finishing and saving one blueprint and returning to the blueprint screen, the name of the former blueprint, (which has now moved to the bottom because it is the newest updated, good feature by the way) would still appear above the selected blueprint, even though it was now selecting the blueprint on the top of the queue. When I selected that blueprint it would keep the name of the former design, requiring you to rename it and resetting the design number OR exiting back to the blueprint list and clicking on a different blueprint to re-calibrate the name to the proper one of the design selected.

7. possible bug of having vision over a system I had not visited, only discovered through shared charts. Thought at first that it was because I had a trade deal with the bulrathi, but when the Mrrshan took it over it was strange that I could still see everything going on.

8. possible bug for having civilian ships enter combat. I really appreciate that the game recognizes frigates that are only armed with bombs as non-combat vessels and labels them as such at the fleet screen at the start of a battle.  However they then still show up during the battle and because of an earlier mentioned bug about unresponsive ships, they charge forward (being faster than the destroyers) and get shot.

9. If a ship is left to sleep at a planet, if that planet produces new vessels they automatically go to sleep as well, requiring you to manually select them.

Unintuitive features (& suggestions):

1. while the auto upgrade feature is wonderful, however the game takes too many liberties with suggesting how to upgrade (it really wanted to equip all my destroyers with the Displacement, microjump item every upgrade). If there was a little more customization or ability to tweak the Game's suggestions (lock out certain designs, or once rejected it stops suggesting different configurations that aren't a direct upgrade (nuclear bomb to fusion bomb, etc)).

2. the Sakkra racial bonus of needing less food for pop growth is presented in a slightly confusing manner.

3. it seems a little unintuitive to find info on weapons. I can see the range of a weapon when I scroll over it in the tech tree but when I select it for a ship build I can't find it.   It would also be nice to see the weight per single weapon especially as you modify it with upgrades. 

4.  I've seen it mentioned else where, but selecting fleets that are beside a military outpost, especially when it's cramped by a nearby planet is needlessly bothersome

5. Selecting ships to go to a system should not require you to select a precise planet or the indicator for the warp entrance.  This is waaaaaaaaay too tedious and frustrating. You should be able to select a system and the ship move to the nearest warp point entrance within it.

6. For Diplomacy there needs to be more clear when different races disapprove of dealing with rivals.  It's a great mechanic, but you need to be informed right before you make deals, especially for allies/trading partners.  Or at least labelling certain deals as having possible repercussions with race rivals (I think sharing sharing star charts was okay but embassies were bad).  I really need to reiterate how cool of a mechanic this could be, in tandem with espionage you could plant evidence to hurt relations between alliance partners. Or you could use espionage to trade secretly with enemies of allies.  GAHHH this is such a great idea.

7. I wish there was a counter-offer mechanic when other races ask for tech other things, just to soften the blow, and also add a bit of choice.

8. Probably just reiterating what others have said but the tech tree needs a little more choice.  I assume that the tech tree was opened up to allow people to experiment with more.  It makes sense for the early techs to not diversify but there should be more choices later on. The lack of choices means I usually only need to trade with one  race to get the ones I missed out on.

9. teching seems to happen really quickly relative to the build times of ships.  I assume this is to allow early access users to experience all of the content quicker

Questions:

1. Does the pollution of a conquered planet depend on how much devastation there is to capture it? Was trying to take planets thinking that was the case (no bombing just ground forces) but didn't seem to have any effect.

2. I really need to reiterate How excited I am for espionage to interact with diplomacy.  Is there any plans to incorporate espionage options in the diplomatic tree?

3. Does progress in production/growth/research roll over to the next level? this was not clear if it did (if not it should)

4. can we expect more from ground combat? I would enjoy having more control/ more graphical presentation.  having a little bit of strategy would be interesting.  Also some sort of tech for tactical bombing, that has a smaller chance of hitting buildings, and then perhaps another tech that decreases the chance of hitting civilians? also Espionage interacting with accuracy?

i had a bug or might just be me.i learn the tech for advance space factory but i cant find how to build it.i try to check see if the normal space factory would have something new to build but notin new.the feature might not be in the game yet i dont know. is anyone  else having this problem or its just me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users