Jump to content


Community Feedback Thread | The Galaxy Map


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

Dsl145 #101 Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

    Ensign

  • Players
  • 2
  • Member since:
    03-18-2016
The audio from going in and out of planet views needs to have its own control... I want the sfx up for space battles, but I don't need to hear a loud ding when just managing colonies.

Endsor #102 Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:11 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 118
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

View PostSuraknar, on 15 March 2016 - 03:22 AM, said:

I do not like Starlanes...if I knew I would not have bought this..and would have waited it out... there are other 4x Space games with starlanes to play...what has made MOO series distinct is precisely the fact that there are not Starlanes in the originals.

How could they have made a Remake like this? Is that supposed to be innovation?

 

Yes starlanes are an abomination and must go, this is not innovation, this is regression back to moo3-levels of bad gameplay.

 

View PostFandangle, on 18 March 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

Its crazy to allow a fleet to go anywhere on the map from the start of the game. In MOO 2 fleets had a limited range from occupied planets. Takes the mystery out of the game when Orion is found so early. In fact everyone is found early in the game in circle galaxy and just a little longer in the spiral galaxy. 

 

This! I still cant believe they design the game this way, it is so dumb and broken and needs to change. The entire galaxy should not be accessible right from beginning of the game.

Francois424 #103 Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:47 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 145
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

There is no category for "Race Balance/Feedback" so I'm going to put this here.

 

It appears that being a "High-G/Low-G" race does not grant any penalties like the in Master of Orion II.


 

In fact the weak Psilons can colonize normal-G planets without penalty.  It's kind of a racial advantage now.

By design?  or not?   But in Old Moo2, being low-G meant 25% penalty on Normal-G and 50% on High-G.  (So not an advantage)

Humans (and other normal-G races) had -25% on Low-G Worlds and 50% on High-G (the usual, 0 points trait)

Bulrathi (and other High-G races) had -25% for low-G  worlds and No penalty for Normal world (it was indeed an advantage).


 

So I'd like to ask if you will make the Low-G race have it's penalties on Normal-G worlds (and turn it into a negative pick worth something like -35pts) ?

Really like the fact you will be able to pick different biomes for the home planet tho, starting on a desert world sound interesting (Tatooine anyone?)



Vahouth #104 Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:00 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Players
  • 1,288
  • Member since:
    10-03-2015

View PostFrancois424, on 20 March 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

There is no category for "Race Balance/Feedback" so I'm going to put this here.

 

It appears that being a "High-G/Low-G" race does not grant any penalties like the in Master of Orion II.


 

In fact the weak Psilons can colonize normal-G planets without penalty.  It's kind of a racial advantage now.

By design?  or not?   But in Old Moo2, being low-G meant 25% penalty on Normal-G and 50% on High-G.  (So not an advantage)

Humans (and other normal-G races) had -25% on Low-G Worlds and 50% on High-G (the usual, 0 points trait)

Bulrathi (and other High-G races) had -25% for low-G  worlds and No penalty for Normal world (it was indeed an advantage).


 

So I'd like to ask if you will make the Low-G race have it's penalties on Normal-G worlds (and turn it into a negative pick worth something like -35pts) ?

Really like the fact you will be able to pick different biomes for the home planet tho, starting on a desert world sound interesting (Tatooine anyone?)

 

That's exactly how I feel. Especially having seen that various races already had homeworlds other than Terran before the EA, makes me wonder why did they change that in the first place? 

 

Also why have only 1 habitable planet in the home system? The other body in the system is either an Asteroid belt or a Gas Giant. Not cool.



Francois424 #105 Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:00 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 145
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

Agreed on starting system randomization.  It should have your best homeworld Type + a gaz giant and randomize the rest.

 

 

«Especially having seen that various races already had homeworlds other than Terran before the EA»

This is what I want this game to have... you say it was so before ?  Where did you see that ?



Vahouth #106 Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Players
  • 1,288
  • Member since:
    10-03-2015

View PostFrancois424, on 21 March 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

Agreed on starting system randomization.  It should have your best homeworld Type + a gaz giant and randomize the rest.

 

 

«Especially having seen that various races already had homeworlds other than Terran before the EA»

This is what I want this game to have... you say it was so before ?  Where did you see that ?

 

Here, look. Sakkra had Swamp, Mrrshan had Desert and Klackon had Arid.

Spoiler

Edited by Vahouth, 20 March 2016 - 10:32 PM.


Francois424 #107 Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:26 AM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 145
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

That is awesome thank you.  So I'd like to petition WG to put these things back in the game and modify the terraforming technology to bring a planet closer to the race's ideal biome (ultimately replace "Gaia Transformation" by "Uber Transformation, which comes after regular terraforming...  Humans could have Gaia as their Über.

 

This is so good a mechanic it really needs to be in the game so much !  It was one of the few redeeming qualities of Moo3, and it was pretty sweet...

Think about the competition to keep terraform planets muhaha.  Better hope nobody despises your biome (I can think of Trilarans hating Desert planets lol).


 

I just hope it was taken out for EA and will be put back in.   It has to !

Thanks again !

 

Edit: Those Klackons look do [edited] good !


Edited by Francois424, 21 March 2016 - 12:28 AM.


Provinfistoris #108 Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 175
  • Member since:
    02-27-2016

View PostFrancois424, on 21 March 2016 - 12:26 AM, said:

That is awesome thank you.  So I'd like to petition WG to put these things back in the game and modify the terraforming technology to bring a planet closer to the race's ideal biome (ultimately replace "Gaia Transformation" by "Uber Transformation, which comes after regular terraforming...  Humans could have Gaia as their Über.

 

This is so good a mechanic it really needs to be in the game so much !  It was one of the few redeeming qualities of Moo3, and it was pretty sweet...

Think about the competition to keep terraform planets muhaha.  Better hope nobody despises your biome (I can think of Trilarans hating Desert planets lol).


 

I just hope it was taken out for EA and will be put back in.   It has to !

Thanks again !

 

Edit: Those Klackons look do [edited] good !

 

Yeah, I really want each race to have their ideal biome. I know the devs said they were avoiding that, but it would add flavor. 

Vahouth #109 Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:52 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Players
  • 1,288
  • Member since:
    10-03-2015

View PostProvinfistoris, on 22 March 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

 

Yeah, I really want each race to have their ideal biome. I know the devs said they were avoiding that, but it would add flavor. 

 

For that to work though, we need controlled terraforming. For example, Sakkra players should be guaranteed that terraforming or polluting a planet will lead to a swamp.


Francois424 #110 Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 145
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostVahouth, on 22 March 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

 

For that to work though, we need controlled terraforming. For example, Sakkra players should be guaranteed that terraforming or polluting a planet will lead to a swamp.

 

Well in Moo2, it would happen sometimes that you ended-up with desert instead of Swamp.  All it meant is that it needed another terraforming step to get it.  Like missing a step and trying again.

So if terraforming does not bring it to your ideal, them you simply run another terraforming and you'll eventually get the sweet spot.

So although not guaranteed on the first try, you'd get it eventually.


 

I thought about that some more yesterday, from a Trilarians point of view... how do you introduce enough water to turn a barren into ocean worlds ?

I came to the conclusion that terraforming is such a long and advanced prospect that having ice comet crashing on the planet would do.  So yeah.

Anything is possible and terraforming should reflect that.


Edited by Francois424, 22 March 2016 - 04:42 PM.


Vahouth #111 Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Players
  • 1,288
  • Member since:
    10-03-2015

The problem is when you terraform and get an Arid instead of a Swamp, they are both the same level. So if you terraform again, you'll end up with a Terran or Ocean instead.

And since polluting a planet is not a guarantee that you'll get Swamp eventually, it becomes really tedious to go back and forth multiple times.



Francois424 #112 Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 145
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostVahouth, on 22 March 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

The problem is when you terraform and get an Arid instead of a Swamp, they are both the same level. So if you terraform again, you'll end up with a Terran or Ocean instead.

And since polluting a planet is not a guarantee that you'll get Swamp eventually, it becomes really tedious to go back and forth multiple times.

 

Not like it cannot be fixed depending on what Ideal your race has.  I was fine with doing it a few times, but if it's too tedious to some ppl, just fix it depending on what your ideal biome is.

That's not a hard problem to fix.



Provinfistoris #113 Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:05 PM

    Commander

  • Players
  • 175
  • Member since:
    02-27-2016

View PostFrancois424, on 22 March 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

 

Well in Moo2, it would happen sometimes that you ended-up with desert instead of Swamp.  All it meant is that it needed another terraforming step to get it.  Like missing a step and trying again.

So if terraforming does not bring it to your ideal, them you simply run another terraforming and you'll eventually get the sweet spot.

So although not guaranteed on the first try, you'd get it eventually.


 

I thought about that some more yesterday, from a Trilarians point of view... how do you introduce enough water to turn a barren into ocean worlds ?

I came to the conclusion that terraforming is such a long and advanced prospect that having ice comet crashing on the planet would do.  So yeah.

Anything is possible and terraforming should reflect that.

 

I certainly agree with this. I really liked that transforming could take you all over the place. Yes it could become tedious, but think of it as just missing a step. It happens. Honestly Uber terraforming is already in, so I doubt directed terraforming would be difficult. Endless space already has this.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users