Has moo3 release in collectors edition been properly patched

moo3

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

klg54321 #1 Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:36 AM

Ensign

• Players
I recently purchased collectors edition of moo and was wondering if most of the irritating patch's  were included in the collectors edition or is it something we the users have to hunt down.

Mathias_Zealot #2 Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:09 AM

Captain

• Players
It's patched to the last official patch that I know of: 1.2.5. Fan patches and fixes you have to hunt down on your own.
EA4 Weapon Data (5-27-16)

JosEPh_II #3 Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:22 AM

Captain

• Players

I can supply the MoO3Patcher and Most Patches thru Dropbox if anyone would like to have them. There is a hope that they might get included in the Collector's version. But if not I still have the set.

:EDIT: How did you get the 1st 3 games now anyway? They are Not supposed to be available thru the EA yet.

JosEPh

Edited by JosEPh_II, 04 March 2016 - 05:18 PM.

Old and Slow.....Watch Out! It's Not Y'uns Turn!

sdneidich #4 Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:08 PM

Ensign

• Players
JosEPh_II: They are available through Steam when you purchase the collector's edition. If you're playing on a Mac, only MoO1 and MoO2 are compatible-- all three run on windows.

JosEPh_II #5 Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

Captain

• Players

View Postsdneidich, on 08 March 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

JosEPh_II: They are available through Steam when you purchase the collector's edition. If you're playing on a Mac, only MoO1 and MoO2 are compatible-- all three run on windows.

I got my copy thru Gog.com. The 1st 3 moOs have not been released yet with MoO Conquer The Stars.

There is also supposed to be a movement afoot that would integrate Bhruic's MoO3Patcher and Patches into MoOIII. If WG and Bhruic can come to an agreement. I hope they can. Bhruic's patcher and Patches are Must Haves for MoOIII.

JosEPh

JosEPh_II #6 Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

Captain

• Players

Apparently with Gog you just get their version of MoOIII And you have to install it thru Gog Galaxy. And If you had bought MoOIII before Conquer The Stars came out from Gog the New Game totally wrecks your older version. So now I have 3 versions on my computer and only the Gog galaxy version works anymore. I don't like that at all.

JosEPh

JosEPh_II #7 Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

Captain

• Players

Gog's MoOIII version in the Collectors Edition is patchable with Bhruic's Patcher. But you will need to add the MFC71.dll.

Also reminder that some of the Patches/Mods that Bhruic provided with the Patcher has files that need to be placed correctly. Every patch or Mod has the appropriate files and readme to make those work.

This also means that Published Mods for MoOIII will work with this version of III. Many can be found here: The Master of Orion 3 Guardian  .

JosEPh

JosEPh_II #8 Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:26 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostEmP64213, on 22 March 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

Unrelated to the topic, MFC was not the prettiest framework to work with.

Yeah just like Quicksilver's response to additional patches, Time and Money. They got neither.

But the MFC71.dll is essential for playing MoOIII unfortunately.

JosEPh

Ogarious #9 Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
Question, does the MFC71.dll fix the error I keep getting when running MoO3?  The unable to directx something or other.  I could be more vague, I suppose.  Let me run the game real quick and get that error again for additional details.

Ogarious #10 Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

DirectX surface unavailable.  And outside of the game it posts.

Unhandled exception: c0000094

At address:         007bd2d7

JosEPh_II #11 Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:18 PM

Captain

• Players

Ogarious,

You didn't say where you got your MoOIII from?

As to your question, It very could be. The MFC71.DLL is essential for adding in the MoO3 Patcher and some of the bigger Mods.

Directx surface was generally a Graphics problem. If your Vid card won't go down to 800x600 resolution then you may very well get this error. Or if the DirectX version you got with your vid card won't go that low you might have to get the Directx version that came initially with the game and re-install it. That usually fixed many Directx Surface problems.

I thought Gog by using dosbox had overcome this problem. If you are trying to use the Gog version it might be a dosbox adjustment.

But if you are using Steam.....well, I have no idea as i rarely buy games from Steam, but they should have a place to get answers you would think.

JosEPh

JosEPh_II #12 Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

Captain

• Players

I had a DirectX Surface Unavailable with Gog's version yesterday on turn 169. I was Not happy about that.

Now I have to "investigate" why. Grrrr..........

The version Gog has with the new MoO release is a slightly different version that Gog has had in the past, v2.08xx vs 2.10xx. I'm not sure what they changed as the 2.08xx version Was working fine with Bhruic's MoO3Patcher and Patches Plus some other MoOIII Mods. This newer version seemed to be doing alright till the DSU problem yesterday. Maybe it's a 1 time "glitch", hopefully..........

JosEPh :(

Edited by JosEPh_II, 14 April 2016 - 01:10 PM.

JosEPh_II #13 Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostOgarious, on 26 March 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

DirectX surface unavailable.  And outside of the game it posts.

Unhandled exception: c0000094

At address:         007bd2d7

I've been doing some testing and so far it seems the Galaxy Configuration Patch is having trouble with the version of MoOIII supplied with this Collectors version from Gog.com. I can't say if Steam's is running okay as I don't use Steam and did not buy this MoOCtS Collectors edition from them.

I started removing all Patches then adding them back in until I got the DSU and the Unhandled exception.

For those trying to use the Vanilla, Strawberry and Tropical 1.21 Mods there is something with all of them that must be updated. It is the MoO3dll.DLL that comes with these versions. It is an older .dll that was made before some of the last MoO3Patcher Patches/Mods were added. The latest .dll is v1.67 and is what is needed. v1.61 thru v1.65 can not properly patch the last patches by Bhruic.

By this process of elimination I have also been able to re-add my own Random Gov't Mod and my personal Economy mod along with Otsego's Diplomacy Mod. Next I will be adding in Gofur's GUI Mods.

One more note to add, since I use win10 Pro 64 now, I've had to make sure that the MoO3.exe, MoO3Patcher, and the MoO3 Save game folder are all Run as Admin. And for Gog Galaxy users I've started MoOIII outside of GalaxyClient. I just go to File Location and Now double click the MoO3.exe and it loads much faster.

I'll keep trying to get MoO3 thru Galaxy to start better and play better with Mods added.

JosEPh

Edited by JosEPh_II, 18 April 2016 - 03:48 PM.

Also tagged with moo3

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users