Long standing MOO fan and games designer: My Feedback and thoughts for improvment

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

law086 #41 Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
I like all the ideas posted here, but there's one that I would like to call out as a specific point of interesting for me.  The player defined build queue is something the MOO series has needed all along.  I'm pretty glad you guys added auto-build, but it's hard to auto build to match a players style.  I'm sure the UI would be tricky to design, but I would create a concept of a custom build queue or a build queue template.  That way, with a click or two I can fill up by queue with some predefined list.  Oh, and I would make the queue a bit larger :-)  This one feature would make so much of my MOO dreams come true :-)  

CypherNilNA #42 Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View Postlaw086, on 04 March 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

The player defined build queue is something the MOO series has needed all along. 

Exactly, handling new colonies during mid to late game is a boring and time-consuming affair but was always necessity to win. Creating a way to define a colony's job (industry, research, ship manufacture) would be great for this game.

Void2258 #43 Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

Ensign

• Players
The UI suggestions here are very good and well illustrated. Bumping this until the suggestions are implemented.

JosEPh_II #44 Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

Captain

• Players

Would like to add this; In the tech tree you can pick a tech and then hold shift and pick the next tech that is dependent upon the 1st tech you selected. You can then add the next forward tech in that progression as well.

But what you can Not do, currently, is Pick a tech and then select a tech in another line as the 2nd Tech you want researched,i.e. no lateral assignments.

Would Love to be able to assign techs in the progression I would like to have as long as Prerequisite techs have been researched, = lateral assignments.

Not good at adding visuals so I hope you understand what I'm saying.

And Cudos to OP, and I Hope you find "work" soon too! :)

JosEPh

Old and Slow.....Watch Out! It's Not Y'uns Turn!

rhohltjr #45 Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:41 AM

Ensign

• Players

Good to see your name again back in a Moo forum Joseph_II .

rhohltjr aka BeerSnorkel.

:teethhappy:

Void2258 #46 Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

Ensign

• Players
The UI suggestions here are very good and well illustrated. Bumping this until the suggestions are implemented.

Xerada #47 Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:27 PM

Ensign

• Players

BUMP. 

I played the original for probably more time than I've played any other game until WoW.  These suggestions should be seriously considered and integrated into the game.  

Ease of access to menus and information while making selections is absolutely paramount to removing tedium form the game.  This is a great step towards recapturing the original feel.  I've always loved the simplicity of the original, and as I've tried numerous space 4x games over the years I simply cannot find one that matches MOO.  I think you've got a chance to add just a bit more complexity to this to make an actual improvement over the orginal, but you must implement a lot of the OP's suggestions.

For certain, ship design needs to be more fully fleshed out with significantly more information provided as changes are made, real-time feedback is key.  Tooltips on design changes should also be more fleshed out as well.  Obviously this is way early access, so I understand the lack of design options but more than 2 ship versions should be available.  Or make that a modable aspect.  This version with mods allowing star trek and star wars mads would be an absolute killer success in my view.

I understand the need for some map control but I do have two gripes that I liked from the original.  1.  stargates are instant and 2. I hate space lanes, MOO was fully open the limits on you reach was based on tech, not whether you could get thru a choke point.  However, I accept that perhaps the openness would simply be too much for a multiplayer style, but I think knowing an enemy could bypass your frontier actually adds to the strategy.

Good luck and seriously, give the OP some serious consideration.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users