Challenge: Name something you liked from MoO3

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Dizeit_ #21 Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostJosEPh_II, on 14 May 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

You did. And all the MoOIII "haters" on this board have no clue how good it was. And those same posters just plain refuse to see past their own arrogance over their ancient experience with III. Because, of course, they are more "right in their own eyes" than any MoOIII player could ever be. They tell you so all the time.

Good, I can feel your anger! Use your aggressive feelings boy, let the hate flow through you! Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny!

Mikko_M #22 Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:11 AM

Rear Admiral

• Banned

View PostDizeit_, on 14 May 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

Good, I can feel your anger! Use your aggressive feelings boy, let the hate flow through you! Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny!

​Only at the very end you realize the true power of Master Of Orion III. :D

Moreover, I advise that the tactical combat must be made more player controllable and informative for this to become a proper MOO game.

​The long lost formula for space 4X game success = Good tactical combat + good empire management > than just good tactical combat or good empire management alone.

Lucian667 #23 Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View PostDizeit_, on 14 May 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

View PostMikko_M, on 15 May 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

​Only at the very end you realize the true power of Master Of Orion III. :D

Ha ha ha, I laughed so hard at this I cried! Well done guys! :D

JosEPh_II #24 Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostDizeit_, on 14 May 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

LoL, and I'm not your "boy" either. I'm the Head of 3 generations that play ALL the MoO series. Yes, I said ALL, Thank you very much. Disturbing news isn't it! :D

JosEPh

Edited by JosEPh_II, 15 May 2016 - 02:55 PM.

Old and Slow.....Watch Out! It's Not Y'uns Turn!

The_StormWraith #25 Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Grump. I feel that you are out-ranking me as I never got into MoO1, JosePH. And it irritates me - I feel that as My Master you are holding me back...

StormWraith, Feudal Sakkran Researcher

and initiator of Sakkran Security Policy 1126.5 "Capital Punishment for any student who claims a teacher/mentor/advisor is "Holding Them Back" - it just saves time..."

JosEPh_II #26 Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:04 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostThe_StormWraith, on 16 May 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

Grump. I feel that you are out-ranking me as I never got into MoO1, JosePH. And it irritates me - I feel that as My Master you are holding me back...

StormWraith, Feudal Sakkran Researcher

and initiator of Sakkran Security Policy 1126.5 "Capital Punishment for any student who claims a teacher/mentor/advisor is "Holding Them Back" - it just saves time..."

Now is as good a time as any to get acclimated to MoO. You got a copy for buying the Collector's Edition.

And watch out for those swarms of fighters that some AI will send your way.

JosEPh :)

Old and Slow.....Watch Out! It's Not Y'uns Turn!

Anguille_1 #27 Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:11 PM

Captain

• Players

MOO3 had a lot of great ideas:

- DEAs...i think this was much better than the concept they came for Stellaris with the sectors. It allows you to give priorities to the vice-roys without losing the control.

- Leaders at all levels (unfortunately, after the departure of Alan Emrich, you could not interact with them...so they are still there but you can't see them and you can't replace them when they do a lousy job). Each planet had it's own vice-roy with face etc....pretty much what you can find in Stellaris now).

- The largest battles in any 4x (they are ugly) but the concept is just awesome.

- New races. Lots of excellent new races and superb lore.

- Mobilization Centers to create fleets (Task Forces).

- Great intro movie.

- The clock....

Playing MOO since 1993

Playing MOO Conquer the Stars on GOG Galaxy

4x space game CV: Master of Orion, Master of Orion II, Master of Orion III, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Reach for the Stars, Imperium Galactica, Imperium Galactica II, Armada 2526, Distant Worlds, Star Ruler I and II, Endless Space, Horizon, Stardrive, Stradrive II, Sword of the Stars, Sword of the Stars II, Galactic Civilization I - III, LotBS, Lost Empires: Immortals, Space Empires IV and V, Starships Unlimited, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Rebellio, Birth of the Federation and Stellaris.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users