The multi-monitor thread.

bug game-breaking

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

hcf64 #1 Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:08 AM

Ensign

• Players

Update 2016-July-22:  Confirmed in v46.4, possibly done as early as v45.3 (Jun 24), Multi-Monitor (EyeFinity, Surround) rigs can now start the game, and click down the EULA (w/out reading it, just like everyone else does), as it is presented in a pop-up before changing graphics modes.  Within the game, 5760x1080 appears to work just fine, but does feel "zoomed in" and cramped.  You may want to change video settings.

As I was surprised to be unable to find a thread about this by searching, I decided to start one.

This is the experience of starting MOO on an AMD Eyefinity rig;

The wargaming logo/splash-intro/thing plays on center screen only.  The Steam reminder to access features is on the bottom right screen.

The next (unreadable) logo is center-zoomed, scaled to fit all three displays.

A EULA click-down (presumably) next appears, and is similarly center-zoomed, scaled to fit all three displays, but inconveniently whatever 'I accept' buttons are not included in the field the mouse can cover.

Rendering the game completely unplayable; this click-down prompt cannot be escaped except by alt-tabbing and closing the game.  It does not appear any combination of tab, up, down, left, right arrows repeatedly interspersed with spacebar presses and carriage returns (in a vain attempt to get keyboard based menu focus to randomly click either 'accept' or 'cancel' buttons that may or may not appear on this EULA click-down).

What I've tried so far;

I found the MOO config in the steamapps\etc folder and confirmed it is set to 1920x1080 by default, which explains the first wargaming splash screen.  Originally it was Fullscreen=False.  I tried toggling this to True with no change in behavior (it also appears to still be using windowed mode, judging by the way alt-tab behaves).  I'm unable to find any config option I can set to accept the EULA and see if the next menu is similarly afflicted.  I'm unable to find a config option to coerce it to my standalone single display.

I have no problem with the game not running in wide-screen mode.  But if it doesn't support wide-screen mode, it should start itself in a mode it supports, and also not make the option available in the config menu.

I presume "Nvidia Surround" players are similarly affected.  I mention them here only in the vain hopes someone will find this thread by way of the search function, and in so doing avoid starting a duplicate.

Rig details, for WG folk;

Spoiler

Edited by hcf64, 23 July 2016 - 02:17 AM.

Crump232000 #2 Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

Ensign

• Players
I'm using Nvidia Surround, having the same issue.

hcf64 #3 Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:30 PM

Ensign

• Players

Just noting: no change in behavior on 42.6, despite the line item indicating a change to the EULA.

hcf64 #4 Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:05 AM

Ensign

• Players
No change in behavior on 42.8.

hcf64 #5 Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:44 AM

Ensign

• Players
No change on 43.6.

LeadfootSlim #6 Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:53 AM

Commander

• Players

Thorough detailing is always nice.

...On a tangential and possibly silly note, I'd love to have GNN prompts show up in a second monitor if we ever get the ability to use two monitors for the game itself, rather than for multi-tasking while "End Turn" processes.

AHSOG #7 Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
Try running it in Windowed mode (not full screen)?

RonMar_1 #8 Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:45 PM

Ensign

• Players

My PC computer is connected to two monitors.  I play with windowed mode.  With some other games I play, I can take notes in a program displaying on my second monitor without disturbing the display on my main monitor, using the mouse with the left button down to move the map on my main monitor.  With Moo EA when I move the mouse cursor to my second monitor the galaxy map moves to the edge of the screen before I can get to the program on the second monitor.  This results in my being unable to read the material I was looking in the game, the material I want to may notes about.

I do not see any settings in the Options screen which allow me to change this behavior.  Is there any other way to configure the behavior I need: any command line switches or configuration file settings, for example.  I like to record my progress from game to game without having to write it on paper the old-fashioned way.

hcf64 #9 Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:51 PM

Ensign

• Players

View PostAHSOG, on 04 May 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

Try running it in Windowed mode (not full screen)?

Is there a way to enable windowed mode without being able to start the game?  The EULA appears before any other UI items, so no settings/options/anything is presented.  I've tried setting the graphics options in the INI files appropriately.  As far as I can tell, the graphics options are ignored by whatever software is running at the EULA stage.  But if you know of a way, I'd be happy for the workaround.

Still broken in 44.4.

sjwt #10 Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Reported a multi monitor bug ages ago on the GOG thread, re mentioned it in a number of posts.. still no word on even reading the thread or putting it on the known issues thread.

I cant get the game to play full screen on a second monitor, it just jumps to the primary one every time. 

hcf64 #11 Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:18 AM

Ensign

• Players
Confirmed fixed in v46.4, possibly fixed (according to relnotes) as early as v45.3.

Antotha_Gaming #12 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:23 PM

Ensign

• Players

View Posthcf64, on 04 March 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

Update 2016-July-22:  Confirmed in v46.4, possibly done as early as v45.3 (Jun 24), Multi-Monitor (EyeFinity, Surround) rigs can now start the game, and click down the EULA (w/out reading it, just like everyone else does), as it is presented in a pop-up before changing graphics modes.  Within the game, 5760x1080 appears to work just fine, but does feel "zoomed in" and cramped.  You may want to change video settings.

As I was surprised to be unable to find a thread about this by searching, I decided to start one.

This is the experience of starting MOO on an AMD Eyefinity rig;

The wargaming logo/splash-intro/thing plays on center screen only.  The Steam reminder to access features is on the bottom right screen.

The next (unreadable) logo is center-zoomed, scaled to fit all three displays.

A EULA click-down (presumably) next appears, and is similarly center-zoomed, scaled to fit all three displays, but inconveniently whatever 'I accept' buttons are not included in the field the mouse can cover.

Rendering the game completely unplayable; this click-down prompt cannot be escaped except by alt-tabbing and closing the game.  It does not appear any combination of tab, up, down, left, right arrows repeatedly interspersed with spacebar presses and carriage returns (in a vain attempt to get keyboard based menu focus to randomly click either 'accept' or 'cancel' buttons that may or may not appear on this EULA click-down).

What I've tried so far;

I found the MOO config in the steamapps\etc folder and confirmed it is set to 1920x1080 by default, which explains the first wargaming splash screen.  Originally it was Fullscreen=False.  I tried toggling this to True with no change in behavior (it also appears to still be using windowed mode, judging by the way alt-tab behaves).  I'm unable to find any config option I can set to accept the EULA and see if the next menu is similarly afflicted.  I'm unable to find a config option to coerce it to my standalone single display.

I have no problem with the game not running in wide-screen mode.  But if it doesn't support wide-screen mode, it should start itself in a mode it supports, and also not make the option available in the config menu.

I presume "Nvidia Surround" players are similarly affected.  I mention them here only in the vain hopes someone will find this thread by way of the search function, and in so doing avoid starting a duplicate.

Rig details, for WG folk;

Spoiler

Antotha_Gaming #13 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

Ensign

• Players
Hey I use NVIDIA Surround for my multi monitor setup, and it works great. I don't know how eyefinity works cause I've nevery tried it, but I'll try to help anyway.

Have you set your resolution to accomadte all the pixels for your 3 monitors in game, and in eyefinity?(again I'm not sure how eyefinity works but this is a crucial step for multi monitor gaming) With Nividia I just calculate the pixels of my monitors together adjust the bezzels then choose the bezzels corrected resolution that matches my setup as well as the hz for example my 3 34" ultrawide are 100hz Overclocked with 10545x1440, and my 35" ultrawide is 200hz overclocked.

Some games do not support multi monitors, and some require you to have the game playing with borderless windowed. If the game supports multi monitors you also have to set the correct resolution/hz in the games video settings, and you should be good to go.

I'm making a Youtube video on setting up multi monitors for gaming/productivity on my new Youtube channel sometime in the near future. If anyone's interested in seeing a gameplay on my old(but still really good) 3 27" curved multi monitor setup running off a GTX1080, and i7-7700 then please ask, because I don't want to post a link if nobody wants to see it. My new setup screens have arrived, and I started a new gameplay on them, and my duel 1080 ti ftw3, i7-6950x 10 cores, on the MSI x99a titanium motherboard, in a Corsair Obsidion chassis pc(everything inside has RGB lighting) is almost finished and ready to go. I'm guessing I'll have it setup with the rest of my system and in my videos in the next two weeks.(Ill be making video about the pc, and the overall setup as well).

I hope this helped but if it didn't please let me know, and I'll try to help some more!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users