Early Access Build 40.13 Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Harper73 #21 Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:30 AM

Commander

• Players
On Planet production screen.

Can we have it default to  SHOW QUEUE instead of having to change it each time I start.

Itharius #22 Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:41 AM

Ensign

• Players

View PostGeneralDirection, on 05 March 2016 - 01:08 AM, said:

How late into the game did you go to war with them, and what turn did you win on?

*cruisers

I won on about turn 250. The snowball started at around turn 150. Only one faction wound up producing cruisers -- everyone else was stuck on frigates and destroyers.

Kidbrewer #23 Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostOrionSol, on 04 March 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

HUGE bug after today's patch. 

happened 2x. 

Ships just *poof* vanish, with no reason.  All over my empire they just disappeared. 

I found the reason behind the disappearance of the entirety of my ships and a massive amount of buildings in a single turn. It is a MAJOR bug.

In my last game I used a mix of default upgraded ships mixed with some custom design. At some point, the game would not recognize some part of my mixed fleet and would only allow me

to pay to refit certain existing ships. The ship it showed me that I could refit were not available just like if I had not the cash to pay for the refitting, which I did more than have (it was only 34 BC).

To try to fix that refitting bug, I customized ALL my ships blueprints ans renamed ALL of them. When I went to pay for the refit of my fleet, it was weird and bugged out and allowed me to refit my fleet

even tho I did not have the credits for it. I clicked on the refit button anyway and it refitted my whole fleet and putting me at -1400 BC. I had a negative treasury. The next turn the tragedy happen.

Some core mechanics would not allow a negative treasury and proceeded to scrap ALL my ships without any warning to pay for the negative treasury. It was not enough and it started scrapping my most expansive buildings

all over my colonies until it went back to a treasury of 15 BC. All this scrapping happened instantly without any warning and agreement.

Here you go, have to fun fixing that horror :D

View PostVahouth, on 04 March 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

It happened to me as well. All of a sudden my fleets were scrapped even though I had a surplus.

Until I found out what was going on... Apparently when I asked the Humans for a research treaty (I barely had the money) they demanded a couple of hundred BC more, I said sure, and I went on the negatives.

My surplus was not enough to get out of the negatives and my fleets were scrapped once I hit next turn. 

I had to use the timeline to jump one turn back and find out what was happening.

Unfortunately I got no warning to up my taxes for that turn and fix it, so I'll have to be extra careful from now on. 

So it seems that there are many ways to get into the negative in this patch. The ship problem is a bit more concerning as it disallow refitting ans thus you have to rebuild your whole fleet...

Edited by Kidbrewer, 05 March 2016 - 05:07 AM.

Kidbrewer #24 Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
Mod delete this post please

Edited by Kidbrewer, 05 March 2016 - 05:06 AM.

fourteenfour #25 Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:28 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
[BUG] you can bomb a planet to where it has marines only and no population, invade, and win yourself a zero population planet. You can move people to it if you have the technology but before then it stays at zero
Wargaming Labs, taking the money and running. Abandons MOO CTS after their contract development staff could not deliver without ever one word to players.

JosEPh_II #26 Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostKidbrewer, on 04 March 2016 - 11:00 PM, said:

I found the reason behind the disappearance of the entirety of my ships and a massive amount of buildings in a single turn. It is a MAJOR bug.

In my last game I used a mix of default upgraded ships mixed with some custom design. At some point, the game would not recognize some part of my mixed fleet and would only allow me

to pay to refit certain existing ships. The ship it showed me that I could refit were not available just like if I had not the cash to pay for the refitting, which I did more than have (it was only 34 BC).

To try to fix that refitting bug, I customized ALL my ships blueprints ans renamed ALL of them. When I went to pay for the refit of my fleet, it was weird and bugged out and allowed me to refit my fleet

even tho I did not have the credits for it. I clicked on the refit button anyway and it refitted my whole fleet and putting me at -1400 BC. I had a negative treasury. The next turn the tragedy happen.

Some core mechanics would not allow a negative treasury and proceeded to scrap ALL my ships without any warning to pay for the negative treasury. It was not enough and it started scrapping my most expansive buildings

all over my colonies until it went back to a treasury of 15 BC. All this scrapping happened instantly without any warning and agreement.

Here you go, have to fun fixing that horror :D

So it seems that there are many ways to get into the negative in this patch. The ship problem is a bit more concerning as it disallow refitting ans thus you have to rebuild your whole fleet...

My very 1st game was abandoned due to this Bug. And that was Prior to this 1st Patch. I almost abandoned my second because it happened again this time on turn 379 but luckily I had saved at turn 363. So I moved back to play from that turn. Then the Patch came out and I did not finish the 2nd game but started a new one.

So this Bug (which I reported both times) has been there since release. Too bad it was not fixed then if it's happening post Patch. :(

JosEPh

Old and Slow.....Watch Out! It's Not Y'uns Turn!

NinjaLA #27 Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:02 PM

Commander

• Players

I haven't had any of the bugs yet..  

I played a game as the psilons last night and for the first 150 turns the alkari did a pretty good job of matching my military power, but I built colonies twice as fast as any of the AI and by turn 200 I was getting a new technology every 4 turns again.. so by 350 it was all over (I had orion and nobody else could challenge me)

highlights:

• the bigger tactical map allowed me to take a titan into places where the asteroids could soak some of my inbound damage and I won a fight I didn't otherwise have a prayer of winning.
  • the money costs were pretty nice.. there were several times where my empire went into deficit because I was colonizing planets rapidly.
  • often, instead of spamming fleet build queues, I was dealing with pollution which made the alkari into a very real threat for a while.
  • I got to fight me a space squid,

lows:

• tactical combat still feels pretty static..   it's more about the number generator than the strategy at the moment..  it'd be different if we could have weapon fire hotkeys for each weapon group on a ship..  especially with the larger ships..   I can't tell you how many times I've seen my ship throw 200 damage down the throat of a frigate that has, at maximum, 40 health..   c'mon titan.. spread that damage around a bit, yo.
  • as cool as it was having my empire go deficit for a while at first..  it was never really a situation where I couldn't just raise my tax rate for a few turns and compensate..   this makes it probably a little too easy for me to colony spam. 
  • I had an alkari fleet bouncing back and forth between 2 points on a starlane..  if I'd send my fleet to one end, he'd send to the other.. this went on for like 25 turns until I could build another fleet and trap him in...   

still much improved from version1.    good job guys and thanks for listening to the crowd! :D

North_Haunt #28 Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

AI behavior after new patch (Large Map, random seed) Turns = 250

The AI still stagnating on colony expansion after getting 5-7 for the most part. Although the Humans actually made it to 12 colonies; not sure why only the humans decided to expand.

After Occupying some of the Sakkra colonies, I found the following:
(I can only assume outputs are low due to occupation? )

Invaded Sakkra on turn 245: 
Huge Tundra Abundant
74% Pollution
9 Pop in food, producing 0 food
1 Pop in production
0 Pop in Research
0 Pollution Buildings
0 Planetary improvements (terraforming and such)
Biospheres and Hydroponic farms were the only food buildings 

Production buildings were on point at least up to Robo Miners.

Invaded Sakkra Capital Turn 248:
0 Moral Buildings
91% Pollution (The AI still can't deal with pollution)
0 Planetary improvements
Colony Focus was set to Production
Biospheres and Hydroponic farms were the only food buildings

Production buildings up to Robo Miners

Psylons stagnated at 5 colonies with no expansion since turn 90, way behind on research. (not at war)

Other races pretty much the same.

Balance:

Money is still too easy to generate after Colonial Revenue Service

Fleets don't seem to have upkeep. Fleets should cost money to maintain, no matter what size.

AI knows exactly when you have researched a Mutually Exclusive tech without espionage. Will try to trade for it the very next turn. 

Odd:

Sharing Starcharts lowers Disposition on the race in question.

All ships mysteriously scrapped in starlane (colony ship, destroyer, 2 scouts) I see I'm not alone here.

Redundant information: Pirate Fleet Detected/Threatening Fleet detected will appear on the same turn about the same pirate fleet.

Putting combat on AI in tactical with the same odds Automatically Resolve, will yield different results (Auto = Win, AI Tactical = Loss)

I have over 200,000 victory points to the next highest of 23,000.

Edited by North_Haunt, 05 March 2016 - 09:30 PM.

Itharius #29 Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:52 PM

Ensign

• Players

View Postfourteenfour, on 05 March 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

[BUG] you can bomb a planet to where it has marines only and no population, invade, and win yourself a zero population planet. You can move people to it if you have the technology but before then it stays at zero

I'm pretty sure that's intended. You can move your own guys onto the planet with a civil transporter.

And above poster, I've seen the AI exhibit the same behavior. And strangely enough, it was only the humans who have ever attempted to expand beyond 5 or 6 colonies. The AI need to be trying to grab whatever non-barren planets they can... they should expand very aggressively.

Edited by Itharius, 05 March 2016 - 10:54 PM.

OrionSol #30 Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:34 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostVahouth, on 04 March 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

It happened to me as well. All of a sudden my fleets were scrapped even though I had a surplus.

Until I found out what was going on... Apparently when I asked the Humans for a research treaty (I barely had the money) they demanded a couple of hundred BC more, I said sure, and I went on the negatives.

My surplus was not enough to get out of the negatives and my fleets were scrapped once I hit next turn. 

I had to use the timeline to jump one turn back and find out what was happening.

Unfortunately I got no warning to up my taxes for that turn and fix it, so I'll have to be extra careful from now on. 

Yup, just happened again, and I had enough command points and surplus of money. 

Jedi Master Or-ion Sol

Founder of THE JEDI ORDER | Community of Guilds 

www.jediswtor.com 

ZePwnage #31 Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
From my experience, the AI is only a tiny bit better.  Won on turn 205 with large galaxy (had 9 planets, 400+science, 130-140k fleet strength).  Initially attacked the mrrshans @ turn ~140, and they only had about a single 4K fleet vs my initial 12K fleet.  

Also, psilons are pretty broken.  In PvP, I time-rushed 2 cruisers (9K power each) @ turn 104.  I think you could get within 20 turns of this playing as the Sakkra, but I don't think you could really come close with any other race.  The racial bonuses need to be at least...a little balanced.  So...I suggest nerf-batting the psilons, haha.  50% more science seems far far too over the top.

(note: I keep diplo victory off, as it can be super lame atm).

Edited by ZePwnage, 06 March 2016 - 09:45 AM.

www.twitch.tv/zepwnage
MOO1-3 vet, Total War competitive commentator/player, Civ V immortal/deity player/streamer

ReallyDeepMan #32 Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Block Quote

[Galactic Council] Changed trigger condition from all races knowing both candidates to all races knowing each other

I'm playing Medium Spiral galaxies.  On one hand, I like the unstable warp points for gating exploration, and that I always encounter one race in my 'arm'. 

Unfortunately it takes /forever/ for other races to meet each other, especially if one of them gets pinned down by the other race in it's 'arm'.  If, for example, the Bulrathi and the Sarlac get together in one arm and the Bulrathi get pushed back into the corner, it makes it difficult for some races to make it to the Bulrathi, and now that the change is live they all have to.

Combine that with the dearth of victory conditions available and we need diplomacy.

I'd suggest you revert this change back to the way it was.

forum_account #33 Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I have had multiple occasions where an enemy is automatically bombing a colony where it should not be able to.  (Unless I am missing something)

With ships guarding a planet and a missile base in place.  Just see the enemies bomb count on the left and nothing of mine is available.  Just shows my structure(s) to be bombed.

In one case the psilons were at the warp point and were able to auto-bomb my defended colony.  Is this supposed to be possible with missiles now or something to that effect?

North_Haunt #34 Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I once took a planet from the AI Sakkra. I then left it undefended for kicks and giggles. 2 turns later, the AI Sakkra retured. Instead of retaking it's own colony with all Sakkra population, it bombed them all into the ground over the course of 20 turns.

I guess they were all tainted by the smell of Mrrshan.

NinjaLA #35 Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:35 AM

Commander

• Players

the way the transport mechanic is right now.. it is way more efficient just to bomb a planet to dust than to try to occupy it

this is actually a thing that needs to be fixed, btw..   I get that when you build transports. the troops on world need to be retrained before you can build more.. but each turn is a year... the training should be much faster..  otherwise you have to build transports all accross your empire to take one or two worlds and wait 30 or 40 turns to mass them.      

by then you can already have a healthy population of (insert your own species here) built in the rubble left behind when you nuke the planet from orbit.

Cnidarex #36 Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I would really really like for there to be bigger differences between the factions.  As is stands they are basically the same, only the Psilon and Sakkra have meaningful differences.  The description says that the Bulrathi have heavily armored ships, but they don't have any kind of actual defense bonus.  Also the Bulrathi as some kind of nature loving guys, maybe they should have some sort of enhanced ability to deal with pollution, or get increased penalties for having pollution.

One of the more militant races should have some kind of offensive bonus.  I don't understand the Alkari beam defense, they should have a speed bonus or something instead.  I haven't been able to get the Grassland thing to work for the Mrrshan.  Its a little corny.  I like the tropical thing better.  Instead of level one starting tech, bump that up to level 2 or three so it actually means something for strategy, not just a 5 turn research advantage in a 300 turn game.

Each faction needs some kind of paradigm changing benefits and drawbacks.  Currently there is very little replayability between factions cause they are all the same except for the great voice acting and animation. 

For instance, the Psilons are overpowered, they should be on a low grav planet, get a slight bonus (10%) for low gravity and have a partial punished (-25%) for standard gravity environments, and start with level 3 physics.  Instead of the Psilons the Sakkra should be the ones with a large planet (tropical), and another level or two up on biology tech, but maybe some kind of research penalty, like -1 research per dude (min 1) on non-tropical planets.  Maybe the Alkari start with level three engines and 3 scouts instead of 2, and get a combat speed bonus, but have a ground combat disadvantage.  The Bulrathi could be immune to high gravity (preferring it), Maybe have a -25% bonus to pollution, but suffer a 75% penalty if the planet becomes polluted, and have 25% higher ship armor.  Not sure exactly how the humans diplomatic bonus works, but maybe they should start out with level 3 government tech, and get some kind of reduced BC threshold for treaties ( like -50% cost for treaties), maybe they start out with fewer ships, like a single scout (like they are the newcomers, need to work a little hard to catch up).  I think the Mrrshan should get an additional offensive bonus, and maybe their morale degrades over time and new colonies have to be established or capture others colonies boosts morale.  Maybe they could also start out with the ability to make troop ships.

Just some ideas.  So the game stays fun for longer.  It is a fun game though.  Looking forward to the new races.

VengefulTick #37 Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostOrionSol, on 04 March 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

HUGE bug after today's patch. 

happened 2x. 

Ships just *poof* vanish, with no reason.  All over my empire they just disappeared. 

I had this same issue.  Reported it in a bug report.

Artis_Aboltins #38 Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:01 PM

Ensign

• Players

Often enough when I bomb the enemy colony and then send my own colony ship in, I end up with a lot of pollution on colony - not sure if it is a leftover from previous owners, or result of nuking the crap out of the place?

Vahouth #39 Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:03 PM

Vice Admiral

• Players

View PostArtis_Aboltins, on 09 March 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

Often enough when I bomb the enemy colony and then send my own colony ship in, I end up with a lot of pollution on colony - not sure if it is a leftover from previous owners, or result of nuking the crap out of the place?

It seems it is leftover from the previous owners. The AI really likes to abuse the pollution mechanism.

Tasunke82 #40 Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Why is pollution such a big thing? I sometimes let it go to 98% and then do terraforming which clears it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users