Any chance on expanding the racial option

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Fader48080 #1 Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
I noticed many of the races that were options throughout the previous games are no longer available. namely the Elerians, and Trilarians though other races are missing as well. will their be any possible chances of their return? 

The_StormWraith #2 Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

<drool...> Oh yes, we do miss the Trilarans... they filled a unique ecological niche, you could fit LOADS of them on any wet planet, and with just a flat rock and a focussed heat-projector they were *delicious*...

StormWraith, Feudal Sakkran Researcher

and Diplo-Culinary Ambassador

Fader48080 #3 Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostThe_StormWraith, on 10 March 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:

<drool...> Oh yes, we do miss the Trilarans... they filled a unique ecological niche, you could fit LOADS of them on any wet planet, and with just a flat rock and a focussed heat-projector they were *delicious*...

truth is I am just hoping for the concept of multidimensional and telepathic racial traits.

Vahouth #4 Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

Vice Admiral

• Players

The devs have said that this is a MoO reboot not MoO2, even though it borrows a lot from the latter. That's why Gnolams, Trilarians, Elerians and Antarans are not in the game.

I could definitely see them popping up in a later dlc though.

Fader48080 #5 Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostVahouth, on 11 March 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

The devs have said that this is a MoO reboot not MoO2, even though it borrows a lot from the latter. That's why Gnolams, Trilarians, Elerians and Antarans are not in the game.

I could definitely see them popping up in a later dlc though.

I figured as much. but by the same token I don't see a reason to turn back the clock on many great features.

2 and 3 added some interesting races,

The_StormWraith #6 Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

I am a huge fan of the idea of future DLC races; although admittedly I am biased - we Sakkrans take the idea of "Pick your races a la carte" a leetle bit literally.

and failed entrepreneur for "The Alkari WingSuit! ™"

Francois424 #7 Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:58 PM

Commander

• Players

View PostFader48080, on 09 March 2016 - 09:39 PM, said:

I noticed many of the races that were options throughout the previous games are no longer available. namely the Elerians, and Trilarians though other races are missing as well. will their be any possible chances of their return?

View PostThe_StormWraith, on 10 March 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

Yup, I played my Trilarans as Subterranean/Large homeworld for a total of 30 pop with the Biosphere.  It was awesome.

Having them be able to turn terrans into Oceans as Über world in this game and having faster speed when outside starlanes would an absolute charm.

They where my favorite race by far (although not the default picks).  We have bird-people, cat-people, bear-people, lizard-people... Mechanic and rock people soon... Gotta have my fish people :D

Future DLC race you can buy (for like 5-10 box each) would be interesting, and if the basic game has everything ready, everyone could join-in no matter which they bought.

As long as the devs resist power-creep seeing this Moo will be popular Multi-player (as long as Tactical combat in MP is possible), balance is a tad more important.  Or not since everyone can design their race.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users