Response to Feedback: Upcoming Changes to Master of Orion

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

spacewis #241 Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:00 AM

Ensign

• Players
Lack of space lanes was the worst thing about Moo and Moo2, they are a significant improvement to the game - keep them, otherwise the game will be too bland!

BionicDance #242 Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:02 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players
Spacelanes suck like the Mighty Hoover™, and make the game too limiting.

Lucian667 #243 Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:12 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

View Postspacewis, on 06 May 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

Lack of space lanes was the worst thing about Moo and Moo2, they are a significant improvement to the game - keep them, otherwise the game will be too bland!

Uh yeah I'm sure everybody who played MOO 1 and 2 thought to themselves "Nice game, but if only I had some wacky, arbitrary space-roads to restrict my movement and dumb down the strategy". That was a really common request on many MOO forums.... never.

BionicDance #244 Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:14 AM

Rear Admiral

• Players

"Hey, you know those special wormhole things that transport you to another planet...? Well, what if you could only use those, they took a long time to traverse,  they only went to planets nearby, and not all of those? Sounds perfect!"

...said nobody, ever.

JamieK81 #245 Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:07 PM

Commander

• Players

It would be easier to have a choice like Stellaris does, choose between full freedom, but VERY slow or space lanes, fast, but long-winded paths, both though, will have to arrive at one of the warp points that is facing the direction you are coming from.......everyone is happy, though it is likely just having a go cause they can't avoid all targets and go right for the heart.

When it comes to jumpgates, the worst idea they ever made was to require them to be placed at the warp points....why not in orbit of your colony world, i mean its common sense to put it there....until they go with common sense and put it back to being where it was before the change, i never use them...i prefer a space station to guard the area, instead of a jumpgate, sorry, but its not worth the security of my territory.

Vahn32 #246 Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:23 PM

Ensign

• Players
Things I would like to see in the future for MoO, either as update or later add ons.

Pirate Raiding/slaveships: I would like to see an upgrade on pirate functions. Like the ability for them to kidnap colonists. If you don't have proper protection on a planet, the pirates should be able to run off with one of your colonists. Or I want to be able to kidnap other colonists

Perhaps if some time passes and you attack, you can save tour colonist and possibly some other races colonist.

Mixmatch race ships: If we can't have boarding yet, how bout if you take over another races planet, you can get some of their ship designs.

Ground battles cutscene: I like the look of the mini colonists, but I miss watching them run to battle. I don't need full graphic battles, but watching them run and sttack was great. Plus I want to see tiny mechs blasting the soldiers

Future DLC/Add on Races: I noticed that each race almost has an opposite so addin one more or two would be nice.
Humans/Terrans: Political vs militaristic
Klackon/Meklars: Technology vs Organic
Alkari/Sakkra Bird vs Reptiles
Psilon/Darlok: Hard work vs stealing.
Bukrathi/Mrsshan Cas vs Dogs!

The Silacoids don't really have an opposite, my girlfriend made a good case of Silacoid/Darloks: Unchanging vs ever changing. But they still need something of an opposote. If we don't get the waterbased Trillarians then perhaps a plant like race?

Plantbased race could have a bonus to certain farms, maybe pollution cleanup, with a uber planet called Eden. Maybe bring in the slave ship aspect and have an evil like race of tree people who kidnap colonists as servants to take care of them

Ancient Evils: Like everyone else I am all for Antarans making an appearance however I wondered why just them? According to lore Antarans and Orions aren't just the only ones of the older races that survived their deadly pilgrimage.

So why not bring in a new strange threat. Perhaps a race that has evolved/created from fungal like a beings. There are some scary spores out there that infect creatures and remove their free will. That is the kind of scary I am talking about, something the Antarans will hate to fight.

Some stat ideas could be:
Weakness to beam weapons.
Bonus to death spores, and more biological weapons. Mind control bombs(takes out resistamce)
Terraformed fungal planets must be destroyed or cleansed. (Maybe deadlu fungal spreads like pollution)

Somrael #247 Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Having played MOO2 for almost 20 years, I love space lanes. It was one of the few things MOO3 got right; being able to fortify choke points meant that you didn't have to park an obscene fleet around each planet of your expansive empire in the late game, when the AI got ridiculous.

I'd really love to see more with governments: if not as a racial ability (or at least not one worth any points), being able to research improved forms of government for empire wide bonuses would be nice to see in the new version. I'm not suggesting you go full Civilization, but there's untapped potential here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users